Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,245 members, 7,947,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 02:49 PM

I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? (1692 Views)

Please How Durable Is This Car / How Durable And Rouged Is Nissan Sunny Car / Would You Buy This "Okada" For N340million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? by Lindalilian: 12:55pm On Jun 30
Attached is the exact scooter I want to buy from a dealer, he sent me the pictures. The informations i got from him are:

1. It's a bangong product
2. Scooter name is Today 4 you.
3. 1 plug (I asked if there's any with double plug he said no, that scooters don't have double plug)
4. 400k is the price but agreed for 350k
5. Has no remote control like others I've seen, but said I can get it externally from electricians.

Here are my questions.
1. How durable is this bike, I just want to use it go visit places due to the high price of transport now, especially market.
2. How fast is a one plug scooter
3. Can I easily sell this product if I want to resell it.

N.B I've not driven a bike before, this will be my first. So I need your honest input please.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? by kingyang: 2:31pm On Jun 30
Lindalilian:
Attached is the exact scooter I want to buy from a dealer, he sent me the pictures. The informations i got from him are:

3. 1 plug (I asked if there's any with double plug he said no, that scooters don't have double plug)
5. Has no remote control like others I've seen, but said I can get it externally from electricians.

Here are my questions.
1. How durable is this bike, I just want to use it go visit places due to the high price of transport now, especially market.

N.B I've not driven a bike before, this will be my first. So I need your honest input please.

Thank you.
Ask for availability of spare parts and mechanic as well.

9 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? by pointblank247(m): 4:26pm On Jun 30
Lindalilian:

Here are my questions.

Thank you.
where are you based?
Re: I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? by favour32(m): 6:27pm On Jun 30
It's easiest of bikes.
But,its enjoyable when the road is tarred.
For untarred or sandy road,you won't find it pleasant.
Parts are available.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? by Zwooks: 8:04pm On Jun 30
Lindalilian:

Here are my questions.

Thank you.

It can be resold easily as it is in steady need

Instead of this, have you considered electric scooter instead that is solar powered ?
Re: I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 11:05pm On Jun 30
How about you just get a lady's bike
Re: I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? by Memberclub(m): 4:51am On Jul 01
It won't last on a bad road from the look of the design. But it looks fun to ride one

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? by pdf90(m): 6:37am On Jul 01
Speaking from experience this scoter isn’t situated for long:bad roads .. it requires extra care

I will advise you buy a Honda Cub . It has excellent resale value , strong and durable . I use a Hona super Cub

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? by Kenmatt(m): 10:02am On Jul 01
Wetin you wan carry dah tin do?

350k!!!!

You nogo save moni buy Golf

Anything with 2 legs, nobi me and you.

E dey cut leg.
Re: I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? by ElevationD: 10:38am On Jul 01
Kenmatt:
Wetin you wan carry dah tin do?

350k!!!!

You nogo save moni buy Golf

Anything with 2 legs, nobi me and you.

E dey cut leg.

Golf
Abeg bros no vex, you and hardship dey for friendship?
Re: I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? by pps1759(m): 1:03pm On Jul 01
Hope you want to use in South East due to spare-part of maintenance and mechanics to fix it. you would enjoy it within your environment.
Re: I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? by Kenmatt(m): 3:30pm On Jul 01
ElevationD:

Golf
Abeg bros no vex, you and hardship dey for friendship?

Ignorance has eaten deep into your system.
Re: I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? by ElevationD: 4:03pm On Jul 01
Kenmatt:

Ignorance has eaten deep into your system.

Abi?
But at least no ignorant person would leave an affordable and easily maintainable scooter for a Golf. By the way, we’re you referring to the 1980 series or a Golf club?
Re: I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? by tosyne2much(m): 5:28pm On Jul 01
I've used something similar before and it wasn't a pleasant experience

I will highlight some things to you which you may not know about this scooter

1. It will give you a lot of headaches if you live in an area with bad roads. The scooter does not like rainy weather, it also doesn't like dust. Since they're low to the ground, their carburetors easily pick water or dust

2. Getting the parts are one of the major problems with this scooter unless you live around Agege axis where you can easily get the parts

3. You can't easily find their mechanics around, so if it breaks down and couldn't come on just like any automobile would do unexpectedly, you may have to tow it with a vehicle to where they will repair it

4. They have specific mechanics, so if you give it to mechanics that repair Bajaj and the likes, they will keep doing trial and error and the scooter would be giving you problems upon problems

5. Lastly, 350k is way too much for this scooter

The beauty of this scooter is its fuel efficiency. It consumes less fuel but if you ignore all these things I mentioned above and you go ahead to buy it, it would drain you financially as small as the scooter may look
Re: I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? by Zwooks: 6:19pm On Jul 01
tosyne2much:
I've used something similar before and it wasn't a pleasant experience

I will highlight some things to you which you may not know about this scooter

1. It will give you a lot of headaches if you live in an area with bad roads. The scooter does not like rainy weather, it also doesn't like dust. Since they're low to the ground, their carburetors easily pick water or dust

2. Getting the parts are one of the major problems with this scooter unless you live around Agege axis where you can easily get the parts

3. You can't easily find their mechanics around, so if it breaks down and couldn't come on just like any automobile would do unexpectedly, you may have to tow it with a vehicle to where they will repair it

4. They have specific mechanics, so if you give it to mechanics that repair Bajaj and the likes, they will keep doing trial and error and the scooter would be giving you problems upon problems

5. Lastly, 350k is way too much for this scooter

The beauty of this scooter is its fuel efficiency. It consumes less fuel but if you ignore all these things I mentioned above and you go ahead to buy it, it would drain you financially as small as the scooter may look

You still dey this forum ?
Re: I Want To Buy This Scooter, How Durable Is It? by tosyne2much(m): 9:04pm On Jul 01
Zwooks:

You still dey this forum ?
I still dey bro cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Accident Free Nigeria Used Rx350 For Sale N10.5m / 1993 Honda Halla Wagon For Sale / I Have 1-1.8m Need Toyota Yaris-landcruiser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.