Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,886 members, 7,879,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:21 AM

Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U (1274 Views)

Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee / Skid Row, Kelly: "I Became A Prostitute After I Was Raped At 11" (video) / 'I bought a Car after i Invested N10m Into India Hemp'-Arrested Unilag Grad (pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U by onuman: 6:29pm On Jun 30
Japa: UK-based Nigerian continues receiving salary in Nigeria two years after relocating
30th June 2024

A male Nigerian civil servant who left the country for the United Kingdom in 2022 has revealed that he still receives his monthly salary despite not showing up at work.

The 36-year-old UK taxi driver, who will be referred to as Daniel due to the sensitivity of the matter, told the BBC as reported on Sunday that he receives N150,000 monthly from his place of work in Nigeria, all thanks to a mutual understanding with his boss.

Recently, the Federal Government vowed a crackdown on Nigerian government workers who had relocated abroad but still received salaries.

On Saturday, June 22, 2024, President Bola Tinubu, while expressing dismay at the revelations by the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation regarding employees who had relocated abroad while drawing salaries without formally resigning, ordered that the “culprits must be made to refund the money they have fraudulently collected.”

Tinubu said, “Their supervisors and department heads must also be punished for aiding and abetting the fraud under their watch,” adding that his administration would ensure “those responsible are held accountable and restitution is made.”

Non-government workers have continued to enjoy free money as they get paid without being enlisted in the nation’s civil service.

In some other cases, people who have either quit their government jobs or relocated overseas still receive the tranche.

However, Daniel, a junior official at a government agency, was unbothered by the President’s directive, citing that what he currently earns in the UK is higher than the salary he gets from the government.

He said, “When I heard about the president’s directive, I smiled because I know I am doing better here – and not worried.”

When asked why he refused to resign from his position after relocating abroad, Daniel said he thought he would probably return after spending some years abroad.

“To be honest, I didn’t resign because I wanted to leave that door open in case I choose to go back to my job after a few years,” he retorted.

Daniel is one of several Nigerians who have relocated abroad but still receive their monthly pay from the coffers of the Federal Government.

In June 2022, the Director-General, Bureau of Public Service Reforms, Dr. Dasuki Arabi, disclosed that the Federal Government-backed Integration Personnel and Payroll Information System had exposed and eliminated about 70,000 ghost workers in the civil service system.

Arabi added that the government had saved at least N220 billion, and N10 trillion through the Treasury Single Account since it was fully implemented by the administration of former President Muhammadu Buhari.

Daniel continues to enjoy the ‘free money’ he hasn’t been working for for the past two years as he said, “I had a good understanding with my boss and he just let me leave.”

In typical situations, ghost workers usually strike deals with their superiors to conceal the act, and then share the salaries.

But for Daniel, it’s a different ball game as he said, “In my case, it wasn’t like that as my boss was a relative.”

https://punchng-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/punchng.com/japa-uk-based-nigerian-continues-receiving-salary-in-nigeria-two-years-after-relocating/?amp=&amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQGsAEggAID#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=17197650162751&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fpunchng.com%2Fjapa-uk-based-nigerian-continues-receiving-salary-in-nigeria-two-years-after-relocating%2F

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U by immortalcrown(m): 6:32pm On Jun 30
As you still receive your salary, is it right or wrong? Would you do that for your employee?

You want to leave the door open in case you return to Nigeria. You are proud to say that you still receive your salary because of the mutual understanding you have with your boss who is your relative. You are the type that calls corruption grace when corruption favours you.

And you are here bragging that what you earn in the UK is higher than the salary you get from Nigeria. Why not leave Nigerian money since you earn better in the UK?

11 Likes

Re: Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U by EreluRoz: 6:51pm On Jun 30
You should refund the money or risk being arrested.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U by Ahmed0336(m): 6:54pm On Jun 30
Heart of some is just dark.

The level of greed and selfishness amongst us is alarming later same people will be the ones castigating those in government.

Change begins with us.

9 Likes

Re: Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:00pm On Jun 30
who will refuse FREE MONEY while living abroad?! he had a deal with the oga at the top... that will only cover his supermarket run for a week.
Re: Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U by gulfer: 7:10pm On Jun 30
This surely is a lie and the BBC as usual made undecidedup the story to suit the narrative intended; which FG parastatal is the guy working in to be collecting N150k for two years without deliverables that'd have made it so obvious he was absent for so long........, undecided undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U by Wade501: 9:01pm On Jun 30
Some people mumu sha. This one no knw say if them trace this matter well him fit implicate him boss?
Re: Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U by papyjaypaul: 10:56pm On Jun 30
I posted this comment somewhere else that this thing cannot happen without cut from the people in Nigeria. There is corruption everywhere but my fear about Nigerians is that they can sell their fatherland when bribed.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U by papyjaypaul: 10:59pm On Jun 30
gulfer:
This surely is a lie and the BBC as usual made undecidedup the story to suit the narrative intended; which FG parastatal is the guy working in to be collecting N150k for two years without deliverables that'd have made it so obvious he was absent for so long........, undecided undecided undecided undecided

If you don't know, you don't know and I will not write about it on a public forum because inasmuch as I hate these people who cheat the system, some people have God consciousness and these bad eggs spoil the whole crate for everyone. It happens and that is why ghost workers has been in existence since I was a child.

Re: Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U by Sapasenator: 12:14am On Jul 01
Normal Normal nau. Abeg they chop your piece of the national cake.

Nigeria is one big crime scene and only criminals profit.

Do not hurt anyone and as much as it is a victimless crime, keep quiet and carry, most people castigating the dude do worse in real life, no be hypocritical Nigerians. That is why I love my country so much, anything goes and I am sick and tired of the formalities and living by the rules of these onyibos. Can't wait to get back.
Re: Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U by Samfloxin(m): 4:09am On Jul 01
You poor pretentious UK immigrants always run your mouths unreasonably trying to spoil other people's affairs. Hope you will expose your criminal politicians too

2 Likes

Re: Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U by ChiefOloye(m): 6:24am On Jul 01
gulfer:

You obviously don't have any idea of what you are dispelling as false. I personally know more than 10 to 15 Nigerians most of whom travelled to the UK between 2019 to 2023 and still earning salaries. Some of them go as far as settling with huge some to "pass" promotion exams or get verified on IPPIS and Staff verification exercise.
Most of times, they're on tiktok or whatsapp status to slander the Nigerian Government and its officials
Re: Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U by ChiefOloye(m): 6:46am On Jul 01
papyjaypaul:
I posted this comment somewhere else that this thing cannot happen without cut from the people in Nigeria. There is corruption everywhere but my fear about Nigerians is that they can sell their fatherland when bribed.

A lady contacted an anonymous last year, the lady has been out of the country since 2012, on Government scholarship for Masters degree. She was a beneficiary of the FGN/NYSC scholarship scheme, but refused to return, yet receiving salary. She has been able to beat the system, because she had an insider who covered for her for 8 years, after the completion of studies, unfortunately for her, her accomplice retired and she needed another "helper" . The anonymous she contacted for the "help" asked her why she continued to draw salary, despite her refusal to return to her job? She said they advised to keep the job, while ensuring she writes promotion exams, because she can return when she gets to either AD or DD and use more money to become Director and then Permanent Secretary, that nothing she can do Overseas as a non professional immigrant worker that will make her as wealthy as a Permanent Secretary in the Nigerian Civil Service.....
Re: Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U by gulfer: 8:49am On Jul 01
ChiefOloye:

You obviously don't have any idea of what you are dispelling as false. I personally know more than 10 to 15 Nigerians most of whom travelled to the UK between 2019 to 2023 and still earning salaries. Some of them go as far as settling with huge some to "pass" promotion exams or get verified on IPPIS and Staff verification exercise.
Most of times, they're on tiktok or whatsapp status to slander the Nigerian Government and its officials
You have problems of comprehension, what level in federal civil service is the person in question, earning N150k and being AWOL for 2years consecutively without a check......let me leave you to your believe, people back in Nigeria are cashing out and lying that resigned and travelled staff are still in service for their own pocket..,...
Re: Japa: I Still Receive My Monthly Salary From Nigeria Two Years After I Arrived U by Obierika(m): 3:47pm On Jul 01
This is the reason why civil servants don't like going for physical staff verification

(1) (Reply)

Shld Saddam Hussein Have Been Hanged / 419,please Leave Me Alone / Armed Robbers Take Over Lekki Axes In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.