Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,491 members, 7,878,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 03:22 PM

I Have No Regrets As Edo's Governor, Obaseki Declares - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have No Regrets As Edo's Governor, Obaseki Declares (343 Views)

Atiku Set For Regrets As Wike Finally Pushes Toward Tinubu's Presidency / Insecurity: Obaseki Declares Curfew In Edo, As Army Begins Operation / Why Edo Governor Obaseki Slept At UN Conference – Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have No Regrets As Edo's Governor, Obaseki Declares by UdabaPrince100: 8:09pm On Jun 30
I have no regrets as Edo's governor, Obaseki declares

_*...says we’ve surpassed our govt’s promises to Edo people, placed State on path of progress*_

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has disclosed that he has no regrets as the State’s helmsman in the last seven and a half years, noting that his government has delivered and surpassed all electioneering promises made to the people of the State.

Obaseki, who spoke during an interview with journalists in Benin City, said there is no area or sector he pledged and talked about that hasn't impacted.

The governor, who said his government has laid a solid foundation for the State's progress and development, noted that he would be remembered as the governor who changed the course of education in the State and led a number of reforms and programmes that have placed the State on the path of prosperity.

According to him, “As Edo State Governor in these last few years, I don't have any regrets. In fact, when I look at my manifesto, what I said I was going to do; I've surpassed everything I said I will do.

“I have exceeded everything I said I will do and there was not one area I mentioned, that I talked about that I didn't have a kind of impact on.”

Obaseki further noted, “I’m a realistic person. One administration or one governor cannot do it all. What I have done is to lay a foundation and by the grace of God, we have a successor who will continue to build on that, in the direction that I started with and someone who shares the same values of service to the people.

“Democracy is not a destination in itself; it is a process. It will always be better; things will always be better than when you met them.”

On his impact on various sectors of the State's economy, Obaseki stated, “Yes, I can beat my chest and say I changed the course of education in my State. I have trained more than half a million children and given them sound, solid basic education but that's not all they need. Somebody needs to come and build on that.

“In terms of the health care system in my State, I've changed it totally, moved my primary health care system from the local government and joined hands with the local government and just refreshed it. I have dealt with the major issues pertaining to health in Nigeria, which is healthcare financing, how you pay out-of-pocket. I have a thriving healthcare insurance system in Edo today that has over 250,000 policies, but it needs to grow.”

He added, “So, I just thank God that I had the opportunity to try and if I were to do it again, I will do it exactly like I did it.”

_*...says we’ve surpassed our govt’s promises to Edo people, placed State on path of progress*_

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has disclosed that he has no regrets as the State’s helmsman in the last seven and a half years, noting that his government has delivered and surpassed all electioneering promises made to the people of the State.

Obaseki, who spoke during an interview with journalists in Benin City, said there is no area or sector he pledged and talked about that hasn't impacted.

The governor, who said his government has laid a solid foundation for the State's progress and development, noted that he would be remembered as the governor who changed the course of education in the State and led a number of reforms and programmes that have placed the State on the path of prosperity.

According to him, “As Edo State Governor in these last few years, I don't have any regrets. In fact, when I look at my manifesto, what I said I was going to do; I've surpassed everything I said I will do.

“I have exceeded everything I said I will do and there was not one area I mentioned, that I talked about that I didn't have a kind of impact on.”

Obaseki further noted, “I’m a realistic person. One administration or one governor cannot do it all. What I have done is to lay a foundation and by the grace of God, we have a successor who will continue to build on that, in the direction that I started with and someone who shares the same values of service to the people.

“Democracy is not a destination in itself; it is a process. It will always be better; things will always be better than when you met them.”

On his impact on various sectors of the State's economy, Obaseki stated, “Yes, I can beat my chest and say I changed the course of education in my State. I have trained more than half a million children and given them sound, solid basic education but that's not all they need. Somebody needs to come and build on that.

“In terms of the health care system in my State, I've changed it totally, moved my primary health care system from the local government and joined hands with the local government and just refreshed it. I have dealt with the major issues pertaining to health in Nigeria, which is healthcare financing, how you pay out-of-pocket. I have a thriving healthcare insurance system in Edo today that has over 250,000 policies, but it needs to grow.”

He added, “So, I just thank God that I had the opportunity to try and if I were to do it again, I will do it exactly like I did it.”
Re: I Have No Regrets As Edo's Governor, Obaseki Declares by MisterBanny(m): 9:37pm On Jun 30
Oga, power is transient and lasts only for a fleeting moment. Posterity will judge us all accordingly.

You're a serial Betrayer and you are not winning any elective post after this again. Your performance is abysmal
Re: I Have No Regrets As Edo's Governor, Obaseki Declares by yarimo(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30
Don't worry edo state voters won't regret to vote against your party in next governoship election

31 Likes

Re: I Have No Regrets As Edo's Governor, Obaseki Declares by Jostoman: 11:30pm On Jun 30
Obaseki the peoples governor you have try your best.
Re: I Have No Regrets As Edo's Governor, Obaseki Declares by Lipscomb(m): 11:57pm On Jun 30
You see what this one is uttering from mouth.

20 Likes

Re: I Have No Regrets As Edo's Governor, Obaseki Declares by Bobloco: 5:15am On Jul 01
Obaseki has done well. I don't think there's any APC governor currently who has performed better than Obaseki. He is already paying #70,000 as the minimum wage when the federal government under the current calamitous Tinubu is busy pricing and haggling the minimum wage like market women haggling over the price of crayfish. Infact, the price of crayfish is worth more than what Tinubu wants to pay the Nigerian worker

Come September, the good people of Edo State will reward the good work the PDP has done and vote for Asue to ensure continuity and stability.

The APC has absolutely nothing to offer. The APC only came to steal, kill, and destroy. Just like the devil.

The current catastrophic state of the nation is a testament to what the APC can do.
Re: I Have No Regrets As Edo's Governor, Obaseki Declares by whnowz: 5:17am On Jul 01
Try to settle with Oba if not your successor might lose election.
Re: I Have No Regrets As Edo's Governor, Obaseki Declares by alanto: 6:26am On Jul 01
Bobloco:
Obaseki has done well. I don't think there's any APC governor currently who has performed better than Obaseki. He is already paying #70,000 as the minimum wage when the federal government under the current calamitous Tinubu is busy pricing and haggling the minimum wage like market women haggling over the price of crayfish. Infact, the price of crayfish is worth more than what Tinubu wants to pay the Nigerian worker

Come September, the good people of Edo State will reward the good work the PDP has done and vote for Asue to ensure continuity and stability.

The APC has absolutely nothing to offer. The APC only came to steal, kill, and destroy. Just like the devil.

The current catastrophic state of the nation is a testament to what the APC can do.

Lol. Sanwo-Olu is the first person to pay 70k if not for election Obaseki wouldn't even conceive 70k, we shall see if the 70k can be sustainable in Edo

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Trivial Connections / Gej / Boko Haram Frees 192 Persons Abducted From Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.