Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,178 members, 7,896,997 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 06:35 AM

Pig Farming: How To Stop Pigs From Fighting Each Other On The Farm? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farming: How To Stop Pigs From Fighting Each Other On The Farm? (141 Views)

Start Your Pig Farm Business With Pigs From HM Chariots Farms Command Ipaja / See The Antelope My Cousin Killed Today In The Farm (photo) / Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pig Farming: How To Stop Pigs From Fighting Each Other On The Farm? by healthmister01(m): 11:09am On Jul 01
Pigs are social animals, but sometimes they can get into fights which can be bad for them and for the farm.

Here are some easy ways to stop pigs from fighting:

1. Pigs need room to move around. When they're crowded, they might fight more. Make sure each pig has plenty of space to eat, drink, and rest comfortably.

2. When you bring new pigs into a group, do it slowly. Pigs have a pecking order, and new pigs need time to fit in. This helps prevent fights over who's in charge.

3. Pigs can get cranky when they're hungry. Give them enough food that's good for them so they don't fight over it. A balanced diet keeps them happy.

4. Keep an eye on your pigs. If they start to look angry or make loud noises, they might be about to fight. Separate any pigs that look like they're going to fight to keep them safe.

5. Pigs can get bored, just like people. Give them things to play with or stuff to explore, like toys or things to root around in. This keeps them from fighting out of boredom.

6. If pigs do start fighting, separate them right away. Use fences or pens to keep them apart until they calm down. Then, you can try putting them back together slowly.

7. Sometimes, pigs fight because >>> READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

https://www.agrolivestockfarming.com.ng/2024/06/pig-farming-how-to-stop-pigs-from.html

Re: Pig Farming: How To Stop Pigs From Fighting Each Other On The Farm? by eepeepook: 3:37pm On Jul 01
I will learn when I start the business. All I know is, castration at four days old and separate breeding hogs from the rest. They’re in prison after all. People in prison engage in bouts of violence for entertainment. Pigs will act the same.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Quality Source For Foreign Ducks & Geese Breeds / Amond Roasting Machine Large Scale / Freemax Invite You To Participate In Feedback Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.