Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,363 members, 7,910,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 06:15 PM

Airtel 4G Mifi Setup Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Airtel 4G Mifi Setup Problem (187 Views)

Airtel 4g Smartbox Router Unlock / SMILE 4G MIFI FOR SALE@ GIVEAWAY PRICE / Airtel 4g Mifi (unlocked) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel 4G Mifi Setup Problem by TundRash(m): 3:40pm On Jul 01
I've been trying to set up this new airtel mifi but all attempts have failed. I'm trying to change the default password but I'm unable to connect. It says 'wrong password try again' everytime I try connecting it.

What am i doing wrong please? embarassed

Re: Airtel 4G Mifi Setup Problem by TundRash(m): 3:43pm On Jul 01
Isn't that Wi-Fi key supposed to be the password?
Re: Airtel 4G Mifi Setup Problem by PulsingPurple(m): 4:38pm On Jul 01
I'm guessing the password is the Wi-Fi Key that begins with 'Wbe...'

If that doesn't work, make sure you confirm that you're attempting to connect to your device, not someone else's.

If it still doesn't work, look for a Sim ejector pin, turn on the mifi and use the pin to press the reset button for about 15 seconds till the mifi reboots.

(The reset button should be a tiny hole somewhere around the edge)
Re: Airtel 4G Mifi Setup Problem by TundRash(m): 9:58pm On Jul 01
Thank you. I'm sure about the device I'm trying to connect to. Yet it doesn't work. I tried the reset option but the issue persists.
Re: Airtel 4G Mifi Setup Problem by TundRash(m): 9:58pm On Jul 01
PulsingPurple:
I'm guessing the password is the Wi-Fi Key that begins with 'Wbe...'

If that doesn't work, make sure you confirm that you're attempting to connect to your device, not someone else's.

If it still doesn't work, look for a Sim ejector pin, turn on the mifi and use the pin to press the reset button for about 15 seconds till the mifi reboots.

(The reset button should be a tiny hole somewhere around the edge)

Thank you. I'm sure about the device I'm trying to connect to. Yet it doesn't work. I tried the reset option but the issue persists.
Re: Airtel 4G Mifi Setup Problem by PulsingPurple(m): 10:34pm On Jul 01
TundRash:

Are you sure about the reset part?

Cos as it seems, the only other things to consider is if:
1. Maybe the information there doesn't match the mifi (but if the name matches the Wi-Fi name, then you should really inspect that password to make sure there's no misspelling, and also making sure that you've reset it, in case someone changed the password)
2. The unlikely probability that someone unscrewed the whole mifi and reprogrammed the motherboard.

Where are the experts in the house... Please help
Re: Airtel 4G Mifi Setup Problem by TundRash(m): 10:43pm On Jul 01
PulsingPurple:

Are you sure about the reset part?

Cos as it seems, the only other things to consider is if:
1. Maybe the information there doesn't match the mifi (but if the name matches the Wi-Fi name, then you should really inspect that password to make sure there's no misspelling, and also making sure that you've reset it, in case someone changed the password)
2. The unlikely probability that someone unscrewed the whole mifi and reprogrammed the motherboard.

Where are the experts in the house... Please help

I did reset it. The lights turned red and blinked after using a pin to press the reset hole for about 10 seconds.

1. Maybe the information doesn't match. Maybe. I've checked it over and over. No misspelling. No one changed the password. It's new.

2. I doubt.

Thanks for the help so far.
Re: Airtel 4G Mifi Setup Problem by PulsingPurple(m): 10:53pm On Jul 01
TundRash:

I did reset it. The lights turned red and blinked after using a pin to press the reset hole for about 10 seconds.

1. Maybe the information doesn't match. Maybe. I've checked it over and over. No misspelling. No one changed the password. It's new.

2. I doubt.

Thanks for the help so far.

You can also take it back to the Airtel office for replacement since it's new.
Re: Airtel 4G Mifi Setup Problem by TundRash(m): 10:55pm On Jul 01
PulsingPurple:

You can also take it back to the Airtel office for replacement since it's new.

Alright. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Airtel 4G Mifi Setup Problem by salamudeen(m): 11:17am On Jul 02
TundRash:

Alright. Thanks

Plug it to a computer it will connect automatically and open your browser

Use 192.168.0.1

Use admin as username and password

Click on the wireless tab you will see your password there.

I am using it also and I also sell them it's easy to unlock and it has a long last battery

2 Likes

Re: Airtel 4G Mifi Setup Problem by TundRash(m): 5:39pm On Jul 02
salamudeen:

Plug it to a computer it will connect automatically and open your browser

Use 192.168.0.1

Use admin as username and password

Click on the wireless tab you will see your password there.

I am using it also and I also sell them it's easy to unlock and it has a long last battery

Thanks. I'll try this.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get 200 Subscribers On Youtube In One Day / Become A Pro In Computer Repairs While At Home / Become A Pro In Computer Repairs While At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.