Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,407 members, 7,878,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 11:22 AM

We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir (20056 Views)

Babangida Sarki: Kebbi Governor Sacks Aide For Posting Gay Content On WhatsApp / Governor Nasir El-rufai Revalidates His APC Membership / Governor Nasir El-Rufai With Kannywood Actors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by Octopusssy(f): 9:41pm On Jul 01
Exousiang01:

See as you talk am....

Theu say person wer dey drive moto with mouth no dey get accident, e fit drive from Lagos go Sokoto come back in 2 minutes.
Na wetin you just do be that.

Na the same Nigerians wer no dey pay electricity bill, dey bypass wire.
Same Nigerians wer even for Lagos wer dey civilized small people go pack their trash go throw for express and gutter instead of paying LAWMA. You are telling people who earn less than these Lagosians to pay 3k.
Dey play
Ancestor 😂
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by Calitoscassius(m): 9:41pm On Jul 01
Only tiffs full Naigerian govament grin
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by kedeojo(m): 9:46pm On Jul 01
mrvitalis:
Let me break down something

If u employ

If u employ 500 people which job description as gutter cleaners and pay them 75k monthly

It would cost the state 450 million yearly...

If u charge each house in the cities 3000 per month and u have say 300,000 houses

It would give you 10.8 billion

You can employ 5000 people to sweep the states, costing u 4.5 billion yearly

U have 3 billion u can build plastic recycling factory that convert waste plastic to plastic dustbins

Use 2 billion for trucks

U have used a simple problem to create 5500 sustainable jobs

Your cities would be cleaners

By the second year u can start using the 5 billion profit to plant trees and gardens

This is what governance is all about
Honestly your assumption is very correct. Most governors lack foresight. The analysis is achievable if implemented. With a strong political will, nobody can invade payment,Thumps up.
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by Obainoman6: 9:46pm On Jul 01
triple996:
Only 20m will get to the workers

lol, 20 or 2m, is like you are not in Nigeria, how much aboki dey use pack gutter?
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by mrvitalis(m): 9:46pm On Jul 01
sweetkev:
Even you wey dey analyse, when you reach that position, stories go change. We are all corrupt in Nigeria cheesy
Speak for yourself

1 Like

Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by RaptorX: 9:53pm On Jul 01
Very prudent governor, N100 million pere when is mates are using billions. You deserve an award of governor of the year.
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by NinjaMetahuman: 9:53pm On Jul 01
Exousiang01:

See as you talk am....

Theu say person wer dey drive moto with mouth no dey get accident, e fit drive from Lagos go Sokoto come back in 2 minutes.
Na wetin you just do be that.

Na the same Nigerians wer no dey pay electricity bill, dey bypass wire.
Same Nigerians wer even for Lagos wer dey civilized small people go pack their trash go throw for express and gutter instead of paying LAWMA. You are telling people who earn less than these Lagosians to pay 3k.
Dey play
I was just laughing when I read the nonsense.

Infact you have perfectly replied him.

He thought he was dealing with small community where everyone will be cooperative.

even in a small estate, you can't force people to pay 3k a month. He is now talking about entire state.
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by tunjijones(m): 10:03pm On Jul 01
mrvitalis:

I am not someone who makes laws without consequences for breaking it

If I am governor... If u get mind no pay your money... In fact I dare anyone not to pay it

Fine would be 50 million minimum of you forfit your house
By the time the state collect 50 houses the rest go learn

You think Americans like to pay tax? There is serious consequences for not paying

Here we don't have consequences nothing just laws

This your talk really expose you say you no know much about governance and politics. Means you don't even know basic economics and permutations.

And you wld be in politics section arguing from morning till night. Someone like me will now be exchanging words with you here on Nairaland not knowing that you don't know much.

So you will seize people's house cause they didn't pay you 3k. And they will be watching you and not fight back.

Bra, abeg no dey contribute for politics section again.
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by Pat081: 10:16pm On Jul 01
triple996:
you are talking as of you dont know 20million naira is too much sef that 100 million naira will go like this Permanent Secretary will take his /her own and commenter too Directors in the ministry ,SA ,SSA etc so the money to pay the people to do the work will be too small

1 Like

Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by frog12: 10:24pm On Jul 01
the problem with northerners is they will also cheat themselves grin grin

who pays 100 million to clean gutter?

RaptorX:
Very prudent governor, N100 million pere when is mates are using billions. You deserve an award of governor of the year.
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by EDUECO(m): 10:36pm On Jul 01
mrvitalis:

If u employ

If u employ 500 people which job description as gutter cleaners and pay them 75k monthly

If u charge each house in the cities 3000 per month and u have say 300,000 houses

U have 3 billion u can build plastic recycling factory that convert waste plastic to plastic dustbins

Use 2 billion for trucks

By the second year u can start using the 5 billion profit to plant trees and gardens

The government in Nigeria is clueless!

Government in Nigeria is only good in looting the treasury.
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by Toymax88: 10:42pm On Jul 01
His counterpart here in Kwara is a repairer, no major road construction takes place here.

Awon werey
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by EDUECO(m): 10:45pm On Jul 01
mrvitalis:

If I took ur inflation class seriously u won't say what you just said

Increase in money supply doesn't increase inflation.
Inflation only occurs when there is no corresponding increase in productive with increase in money supply...

I read that guy is a member of the mafia party(APC)

One of the criteria to become a member of APC is low intelligence quotient.
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by ozo13(m): 10:47pm On Jul 01
triple996:
funny people. a state with no refuse disposal system.Most of them don't tell them the truth because everyone is after money.
Why can't there be incinerator everywhere for people to come drop there refuse for onward collection and dumping in a designated location.kwara state to an extent have a good refuse disposal system.
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by bigcasava1(m): 10:53pm On Jul 01
Esama:
Is that not his son moving with him like DSS?
hahahaha! I no fit laugh.
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by Coolgent(m): 11:40pm On Jul 01
mrvitalis:

They don't know, I am privileged I have spoken with lots of government officials

They are as dumb as anything... Most Nigerians 99% don't know how development works

They dont know jack
Do u think dumb person can win an election?
Well they pretend they don't know to avoid been responsible
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by ogascomax: 11:44pm On Jul 01
helinues:

If the cleaners are getting N75k as salary, abeg na how much the state doctors would receive as basic salary?

People should be taking inflation classes seriously in secondary school oo

This guy no get sense oo. So to pay 5500 people na go cause inflation. Make una dey get sense na. How is paying workers even 100k will cause inflation. Okay advise government to reduce payment to 10k so that inflation will reduce. Go and study the indices that result to inflation jor.
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by Mrice22: 11:48pm On Jul 01
Last last na 500-1000 naira they go people wey run this
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by almasterpiece(m): 11:52pm On Jul 01
mrvitalis:

If u employ

Use 2 billion for trucks

you are not in Nigeria to have this mentality
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by ufotunang: 12:23am
helinues:
Just N100m

How must be economical

grin
..see how bad the road is .he cannot even CV onstruct the road..but clearing gutter..the governor should be ashamed of himself
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by ufotunang: 12:24am
See how bad the road is..he cannot construct and rehabilitate the road .,but clearing gutter...the governor should be ashamed of himself
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by ufotunang: 12:28am
lordm:
That's the job of a local government council. That's what's a whole governor is taking pride in. We are indeed disrespecting our constitution
, the governor is not even ashamed of himself...see how bad the road is he cannot even construct the road but clearing gutter.. what a pity
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by ufotunang: 12:30am
Clearing gutter.. what a local government should be doing...the governor should be ashamed of himself
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by Simeonjoe1: 12:54am
mrvitalis:

If u employ

Use 2 billion for trucks

First month of this will be 10% compliance.
Second month, nobody will be paying.

If you decide to enforce it using force, you won't succeed and you'll like find yourself battling issues than focusing on governance.

Niger State tried this some years back, it was 500 per houses. And if your house had any openly dumped refuge you'll pay extra 500. After passing the bill, they next month they couldn't collect anything substantial. I don't know anyone that paid, in fact they didn't have enough staff to collect (even if they do), people aren't ready to pay.
It never took off.

In nigeria nobody pays for utilities, except nepa bill. You'll have a hard time enforcing that.
Another option is to include it into businesses and shops monthly taxes to cover for private homes. But even people still evade paying shop taxes, and it still won't be enough.
Lagos has a ppp model for refuge collection and we still see how people defaulted in a supposed more stable state with educationally inclined community compare to the far more poor north.

Everywhere around the world its the function of government to keep the community clean, they spent billions of dollars on it. Check the most clean cities and check how much the government spend in keeping them. They do this without direct (dirt) taxes, you can make the money from other revenue but not from a monthly sanitation tax.

Keeping your state clean won't be a profit venture or break even, but rather you'll spend heavily for such either with a heavy subsidy or 100% government financing.
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by mrvitalis(m): 1:46am
Simeonjoe1:

First month of this will be 10% compliance.
Second month, nobody will be paying.

If you decide to enforce it using force, you won't succeed and you'll like find yourself battling issues than focusing on governance.

Niger State tried this some years back, it was 500 per houses. And if your house had any openly dumped refuge you'll pay extra 500. After passing the bill, they next month they couldn't collect anything substantial. I don't know anyone that paid, in fact they didn't have enough staff to collect (even if they do), people aren't ready to pay.
It never took off.

In nigeria nobody pays for utilities, except nepa bill. You'll have a hard time enforcing that.
Another option is to include it into businesses and shops monthly taxes to cover for private homes. But even people still evade paying shop taxes, and it still won't be enough.
Lagos has a ppp model for refuge collection and we still see how people defaulted in a supposed more stable state with educationally inclined community compare to the far more poor north.

Everywhere around the world its the function of government to keep the community clean, they spent billions of dollars on it. Check the most clean cities and check how much the government spend in keeping them. They do this without direct (dirt) taxes, you can make the money from other revenue but not from a monthly sanitation tax.

Keeping your state clean won't be a profit venture or break even, but rather you'll spend heavily for such either with a heavy subsidy or 100% government financing.
I hate when people speak without facts

So you know how much is paid as property tax?

Government should spend billions, billions gotten from where?
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by mrvitalis(m): 1:46am
Coolgent:

Do u think dumb person can win an election?
Well they pretend they don't know to avoid been responsible
Absolutely when 99% are dumb like u sure
The smarter u are the less likely u can win even
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by mrvitalis(m): 1:49am
tunjijones:

This your talk really expose you say you no know much about governance and politics. Means you don't even know basic economics and permutations.

And you wld be in politics section arguing from morning till night. Someone like me will now be exchanging words with you here on Nairaland not knowing that you don't know much.

So you will seize people's house cause they didn't pay you 3k. And they will be watching you and not fight back.

Bra, abeg no dey contribute for politics section again.
When the law states that what would u do?
Someone are used to lawlessness... I dare you not to pay
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by viodemus: 2:12am
if viodemus no talk, dem go clear am before.

good thing good to copy.
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by Powersurge: 3:00am
Nigeria is in bondage.
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by Temi2468: 3:55am
MrBradshaw:

Do you think they don't know this? Do you think they don't know what to do? If they employ 5500 people like you said, who them go take dey rig elections? Who them go dey share 2k for during elections?

Good questions!

Good analysis from that guy too.

If Dem make people rich, nobody to do yanga with dirty election money

1 Like

Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by Temi2468: 3:56am
mrvitalis:

If u employ

Use 2 billion for trucks

You are a sensible person!
I love your vision.
Re: We Allocated ₦100 Million To Clear These Gutters - Kebbi Governor Nasir by Inspirer1: 5:11am
mrvitalis:

If u employ

Use 2 billion for trucks

liie our people will say, Oil dey your head 👏

Sometimes I feel these people in power deliberately do what they do, cos I can't imagine that despite having numerous peop around them, no good ideas are sold to them on how to effectively govern.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Magu's Lawyer Reacts To Bawa's Appointment. Says 'Justice Has Not Been Served' / Atiku Hails US Senator, Media Over Stance On Nigeria’s Presidential Election / Reno Omokri To Peter Obi: The North Remembers

Viewing this topic: deyplay, TTPAAR(m), tolufase, Dayoto and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.