Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,542 members, 7,929,756 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 09:51 PM

Soludo Vows To Improve Entertainment Industry For Massive Job Creation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Vows To Improve Entertainment Industry For Massive Job Creation (89 Views)

Anambra East APGA Rally: Soludo Vows To Construct Eziagulu Otu-Enugu Otu Road / Anambra Gov Elect, Soludo Vows To Reclaim The Slum’s Of Okpoko / Buhari’s Vision For Maritime Is Massive Job Creation – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Soludo Vows To Improve Entertainment Industry For Massive Job Creation by Ogemdiozoemenam(m): 7:45am On Jul 02
Anambra State Governor, Professor Chukwuma Soludo, Saturday, expressed commitment towards improving the entertainment industry as parts of efforts to build a liveable and prosperous State.

Soludo stated this at Awka, the State capital, while launching a music album, Dis Naija, sang by his Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on event, Mr Shedrack Nnanna alias Sheddyjoe "De entertainer."

The governor, represented by his Chief of Staff, Mr Ernest Ezeajughi, said he was building a solution fun city and other investments geared towards providing direct and indirect jobs through the entertainment industry.

According to him, Anambra State his administration would provide enabling environment for all businesses, especially entertainment industry to thrive, as well as make the State a destination for both local and foreign investors.

He commended his aide for venturing into music, describing him as a talented industrious young man with passions to develop and enhance the living standards of his people, Ayamelum and Anambra State generally.

Also speaking, the Chairman of the occasion and Anambra State Commissioner for Petroleum Resources, Mr Tony Ifeanya, added that the current administration was committed to discovering, nurturing and empowering talented youth in entertainment industry.

To Ifeanya, entertainment industry worth investing on because it has employed, engaged, developed, uplifted and empowered many people, including Anambrarians to make indelible marks in the world.

Contributing, the Anambra State Commissioner for Culture and Entertainment, Mr Don Onyenji, assured Sheddyjoe of government support to grow his music career, having noticed his budding talents in all spheres of life.

Speaking in an interview, the celebrant, Mr Shedrack Nnanna, said his journey into the entertainment industry was to be an inspiration to the talented youths in the country and Anambra in particular.

SheddyJoe, who is a standup comedian, master of ceremonies, musicians and civil servant, argued that entertainment industry could be used to liberate families economically if positively harnessed.

The Anaku born artiste from Ayamelum Local Government Area of Anambra joined the entertainment industry in the early 2000s after his national youth service but abandoned it to satisfy the wish of his father who wanted him to join the civil service.

He left Lagos in 2006 to join the state civil service due to family pressure and lack of fund to finance his dreams.

Recalling his journey into the entertainment industry, SheddyJoe De Entertainer said one Keppy Ekepenyong spotted him during his service year and introduced him to Basorge Junior, a popular entertainer who linked him to Alibaba.

“I lived in Alibaba's house for one year. Alibaba is the father of modern comedy in Nigeria. I was with him in Lekki, thanks to Basorge who linked me up with him.

"Basorge introduced me to music and comedy which I tried to combine because I am a total package but I later majored in comedy and Master of Ceremony.

“My first major stage show was made possible by Alibaba when he organised a show he called “Buying of Shares’’ in 2005 where he gave every upcoming comedian two minutes to perform, that was how I started doing my thing.

“Music was tasking and required a huge sum of money for studio production, video, marketing and all that and I could not do all that at that time because I did not have the money and nobody to sponsor me.

"Music is my habit, I started long ago, my background affected me because we lacked the exposure that I needed to develop it,” he said.

'Am calling on youths with talents in music, comedy and other areas of entertainment in the area to start pursuing their dream without minding the challenges in the industry.

“I want to encourage upcoming entertainers in Anambra and Southeast to be focused and determined even though the industry is still not developed here, the best time to begin is now.

“There will always be challenges, but will surely surmount it. I am setting the pace, I believe it will open doors to more people and I hope to see more upcoming guys taking the bold step,” he said.

(1) (Reply)

RIWAMA: Six Things Prince Ohia Is Accused Of / Nigeria-eu Deal Sparks False Claims Over LGBT Rights / Tinubu Commends Supreme Court Ruling Upholding Lgs Constitutional Rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.