Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,091 members, 7,896,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 05:56 PM

Anioma State And The Southeast: My View Of Ned Nwoko, Kester Ifeadi And Darah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anioma State And The Southeast: My View Of Ned Nwoko, Kester Ifeadi And Darah (273 Views)

Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State / Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge / Anioma State And South East Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anioma State And The Southeast: My View Of Ned Nwoko, Kester Ifeadi And Darah by Peppermaster(m): 11:01am On Jul 02
Anioma State and the Southeast: My View of Ned Nwoko, Kester Ifeadi, Prof Darah and Others

Following intriguing but mysterious circumstances, Hon. Ned Nwoko's most recent response to Arc. Kester Ifeadi over the proposed Anioma State in the Southeast via Kay Emeke Enuenwosu, his SSA on Media, has left the scenario of observers including me perplexed the most.

The Senator's proposal to create the state of Anioma and situate it in the Southeast has produced a series of controversies that are unlike anything our people have seen. It is doubtful if the Anioma people have ever been divided as much as this over an issue that concerns them.

So far, the Senator's responses to Arc Kester Ifeadi, Prof Godini Darah, Mr. Philip Elueme, Basil Okoh, Dr. Ntony Nwankwo Nwaezeigwe, the academic and other groups and personalities as posted in the groups I belong to rather than being there for them with listening ears is disappointing. Even worse, calling the revered Anioma cultural leader, Arc Kester Ifeadi "one of the tools of Anioma oppressors" in a public statement is anti-legislative, demeaning, and an indisputable misrepresentation of the legislative relationship between a legislator and his constituent, given that Arch Ifeadi continues to be at the forefront of promoting the Anioma people's culture. Labeling him an Anioma oppressive tool for registering his opinion over the advice that the Distinguished Senator should consult more with his constituents is a legislative intimidation of one's constituency into silence.

This is only a situational isolation of numerous incidences where the senatorial team persistently verbally criticizes the constituent responders' critical assessments. Among those on the list is a prominent proponent of Anioma Philip Elueme who said he worked closely with our Anioma leaders and Izu Anioma Group and traveled to Abuja with our people for the sake of our Anioma. Zik Gbemre also provided the dose for Prof. Godimi Darah, who dared spoke on the burning issue to advise Hon Ned Nwoko.

The Senator, who has an abundance of social media assistants, should be mindful of the people he represents. A legislator is essentially a moderator—someone who oversees public requests before moving to formulate them. Never should a legislator utilize his media assistants to violently or quickly discredit ideas or beliefs by putting out a litany of objections.

How many of his fellow lawmakers did he consult before he moved such a delicate bill to "transfer" our region to another region? This is still an unresolved question that was posed by Prof. Godini Darah. The news that the Senator does not have to consult is rather horrifying.

The scenario became even more peculiar when the Senator acknowledged that the measure he is putting up is based on "rumours" that a state would be formed from the Southeast, even though the Federal Government has not made anything like an official statement to the public about this matter. My people, please why all these then? I have been asking myself.

I find it shocking that Arc Kester Ifeadi, a man we all admire in our region's cultural affairs, Mr. Philip Elueme who has served Anioma''s interest as well as others would be chosen by Enuenwosu, his social media aide for humiliation.

Due to the distinguished senator's lack of early consultation, several dialectic groupings in the Anioma region have now taken to newspaper publications to criticize the senator's "wonderful" plans for the Anioma people. Is this how our Anioma struggle started?

Given the strong criticism of this Anioma State by significant portions of his constituency, does the Distinguished Senator believe that the legislature will be persuaded to adopt it? As I read the written opinions of each party in comparison, that was the question that kept coming to me.

Senators fail before they even get started if they do not hope to take counsel from their constituents. At this stage everybody is important because I once read Prince Ned Nwoko's media people asking the Owa Progressives that reacted to them what they have done for Anioma. Who will speak for the ordinary Anioma if every keeps quiet?

I applaud my fellow Anioma people and organizations for speaking up and I implore them to continue using their golden voices to make sure that the right actions are taken by those who represent us.

Finally, I do not know any of the parties involved personally as I have never met any of them but I feel pained that all these are happening in our once peaceful Anioma and decided to give my view as a well-known commentator on our people's affairs.

Anioma nu o!

Ofu Obi!

-Chief John Uchechukwu Enenmor, PhD
Issele-Azagba, Delta State

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And The Southeast: My View Of Ned Nwoko, Kester Ifeadi And Darah by DevilsEqual(m): 11:44am On Jul 02
Lol...Igbos should from afar watch them drag the issues among themselves and when they arrive at any conclusion, they should come out and have a public talk with the Ohaneze-Ndigbo. Then the way forward can be discussed between each group

Thats how the bigger tribe should handle this kinda matter, no be to dey teach them history dey convince them say make dem come

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And The Southeast: My View Of Ned Nwoko, Kester Ifeadi And Darah by Neckpresser101: 1:14pm On Jul 02
DevilsEqual:
Lol...Igbos should from afar watch them drag the issues among themselves and when they arrive at any conclusion, they should come out and have a public talk with the Ohaneze-Ndigbo. Then the way forward can be discussed between each group

Thats how the bigger tribe should handle this kinda matter, no be to dey teach them history dey convince them say make dem come

You're absolutely right đź’Ż
Re: Anioma State And The Southeast: My View Of Ned Nwoko, Kester Ifeadi And Darah by Mrexcell(m): 1:33pm On Jul 02
So the main issue here is the region where the proposed anioma state will be located? I don't think those opposing the creation of this anioma state even know the huge benefits they stand to gain from the creation some of them will have opportunities to become senators, house of reps, commissioners and local govt chairmen.
Re: Anioma State And The Southeast: My View Of Ned Nwoko, Kester Ifeadi And Darah by hammer567: 1:37pm On Jul 02
IF YOU ARE NOT A STARK ILLITERATE, NOW TELL ME WHAT AN ANIOMA STATE WILL BE DOING IN SS?

AFTER THEY REMOVE DELTA URHOBO AND IJAWS, WHAT WILL ANIOMA BE DOING IN SS?
Re: Anioma State And The Southeast: My View Of Ned Nwoko, Kester Ifeadi And Darah by hammer567: 1:43pm On Jul 02
EVERYTHING IS NOT ALL ABOUT OIL AND GAS.

OUR PEOPLE IN BENUE AND KOGI DONT HAVE OIL AND GAS BUT WE INTEND TO INCLUDE THEM, WHEN WE GO NORTH TO CREATE NSUKKA STATE.

LEAVE IGBO PEOPLE ALONE AND START FOCUSING ON YOURUBA PEOPLE FUTURE.

WE WILL NEVER LEAVE OUR OWN BEHIND, THAT IS A FACT.

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And The Southeast: My View Of Ned Nwoko, Kester Ifeadi And Darah by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:54pm On Jul 02
hammer567:
EVERYTHING IS NOT ALL ABOUT OIL AND GAS.

OUR PEOPLE IN BENUE AND KOGI DONT HAVE OIL AND GAS BUT WE INTEND TO INCLUDE THEM, WHEN WE GO NORTH TO CREATE NSUKKA STATE.

LEAVE IGBO PEOPLE ALONE AND START FOCUSING ON YOURUBA PEOPLE FUTURE.

WE WILL NEVER LEAVE OUR OWN BEHIND, THAT IS A FACT.

Your own doesn't want you .

Ihere a na emergencykwa ufodi unu?

(1) (Reply)

Please Pray For Nigeria,thing Are Hard / Military Action Alone Can’t Win Terror War- Buhari / President Buhari Appoints Self As Petroleum Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.