Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,547 members, 7,878,486 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 07:21 PM

Wike Vs Ireti Kingibe: Why FCT Heavyweights Are At Loggerheads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Vs Ireti Kingibe: Why FCT Heavyweights Are At Loggerheads (504 Views)

Senator Ireti Kingibe Presents Her Certificate Of Return To Peter Obi / Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 / Femi Fani-Kayode & Zainab Bagudu, Kebbi First Lady At Loggerheads On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Vs Ireti Kingibe: Why FCT Heavyweights Are At Loggerheads by Blessing28s: 12:25pm
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, threatens Ireti Kingibe, Senator for FCT's position in the next general elections as they clash over FCT projects.

Senator Kingibe in an Arise TV interview complained that Wike is not focusing on the needs of the people revealing that Abuja lacks potable water, healthcare, education and security. Stating that he does not carry her along in his decision-making.

Minister Wike who spoke at the flag-off ceremony for the construction of the Mabushi bus terminal in Abuja, on Monday, reacting to Kingibe's claims asserted that she will not be reelected in 2027.

He said,“If we have done well, we have done well. If we haven’t done well, we haven’t done well. I am proud to say that in the short time that President Tinubu has appointed us, we have done well,” Wike said.

Addressing the senator’s performance, Wike questioned, “You said there are no schools and hospitals. You, as a legislator, what have you done? How many bills have you sponsored to improve our education and health sectors?”

Challenging Kingibe's popularity, he continued, “I challenge that legislator. If you are very popular, in 2027, come and run under Abuja; we will fail you. You think that what happened last time will happen again? It will not happen again. If you are popular, come and run. Luckily for me, I am the FCT minister now. So, here is my territory, and I am not afraid.”

Read More: https://crispng.com/wike-vs-ireti-kingibe-why-fct-heavyweights-are-at-loggerheads/

Re: Wike Vs Ireti Kingibe: Why FCT Heavyweights Are At Loggerheads by SmartPolician: 12:28pm
Nobody can work with Wike. He only likes those he can control. That's the thing playing out between him and Ireti. That's why Atiku was too scared to make him his VP candidate in the PDP. FCT has always had some of the best infrastructure in this country without any FCT minister fighting its only senator, until Wike arrived.

1 Like

Re: Wike Vs Ireti Kingibe: Why FCT Heavyweights Are At Loggerheads by Finegirl734(f): 12:32pm
Getting more attention
Re: Wike Vs Ireti Kingibe: Why FCT Heavyweights Are At Loggerheads by MEEVEET: 1:07pm
One thing 2023 election exposed is this

Either u rig or work for the people... These so called political heavyweights offer little or no votes

Wike that can be removed by Monday is talking too
Re: Wike Vs Ireti Kingibe: Why FCT Heavyweights Are At Loggerheads by Nicepoker(m): 2:06pm
Most of the projects wike is working on are abandoned projects. That woman should keep quiet.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Vs Ireti Kingibe: Why FCT Heavyweights Are At Loggerheads by KnowAll(m): 2:08pm
One term Senator.
Re: Wike Vs Ireti Kingibe: Why FCT Heavyweights Are At Loggerheads by Smithkafors(m): 4:14pm
KnowAll:
One term Senator.

She will be re-elected and there’s nothing you will do about it. Focus on the current situation.

(1) (Reply)

I Raised Alarm About Okah –asari Dokubo / ASUU Vs Southeast Governors / Where Is The Good Lady Aisha?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.