Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,091 members, 7,896,643 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 05:58 PM

How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% (329 Views)

Massive Rigging By APC Going On In Lagos / Evidence Of Rigging By Obi's *labour Party* / Election Rigging In Kano Busted! Returning Officer Exposes Irregularities, Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by MEEVEET: 3:09pm On Jul 02
Good afternoon

Everyone knows Nigeria, has not had a good election since 2015,deny it all you want that's the truth

I have systematically analyzed all the rigging that happened in the last presidential and governorship elections and here is my take

I observed 90% of Rigging happens in the LGA collection centers... This right here is where would should dismantled

No politician has the coordination to rig all the polling unit of a state that's over 5000 polling units on an average

They focus on ward and local government collection to manipulate the results

Now the key problem has been identified the solution...

The solution is total dismantling of local government collection of results, results should be sent directly from the polling unit to a central collection centre in the state n federal government

In fact no more physical collection in LGA n ward... From polling unit to central server

Once this is done rigging would be reduced by 90%

If server is bridged that should be conditions to cancel election

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by Righthussle: 3:30pm On Jul 02
Nothing will work until you reduce hunger by 90 percent.

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by psucc(m): 4:21pm On Jul 02
That will be the solution provided we don't have Yakubus as the Umpire.

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by MEEVEET: 4:23pm On Jul 02
psucc:
That will be the solution provided we don't have Yakubus as the Umpire.
It doesn't matter he can't influence it as long as results reflect in real time there is little or nothing he can do

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by MEEVEET: 4:23pm On Jul 02
Righthussle:
Nothing will work until you reduce hunger by 90 percent.
Once people sense their votes count then we can start to fight vote buying

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by KnowAll(m): 4:34pm On Jul 02
We should vote on an iPad like finger printing technology, which would be registered straight on the server eliminating LG Collation.

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by MEEVEET: 5:08pm On Jul 02
KnowAll:
We should vote on an iPad like finger printing technology, which would be registered straight on the server eliminating LG Collation.
Not really the polling unit officer can in the presence of the people... Put in the votes for each party and upload it straight
Re: How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by KnowAll(m): 5:30pm On Jul 02
MEEVEET:

Not really the polling unit officer can in the presence of the people... Put in the votes for each party and upload it straight

That is 2 step, to avoid rigging u need one step, once you thumb print iPad it gets registered straight away, even if thugs come & smash d iPad the vote has already gone and registered.

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by MEEVEET: 5:50pm On Jul 02
KnowAll:

That is 2 step, to avoid rigging u need one step, once you thumb print iPad it gets registered straight away, even if thugs come & smash d iPad the vote has already gone and registered.
Sure that would require much hardware and system upgrade

My position is with the system we have already now... A simple update to irev can do this trick won't take 2 months to upgrade

No new machine needs to be bought
Re: How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by WhizdomXX(m): 7:45pm On Jul 02
MEEVEET:
Good afternoon

Everyone knows Nigeria, has not had a good election since 2015,deny it all you want that's the truth

I have systematically analyzed all the rigging that happened in the last presidential and governorship elections and here is my take

I observed 90% of Rigging happens in the LGA collection centers... This right here is where would should dismantled

No politician has the coordination to rig all the polling unit of a state that's over 5000 polling units on an average

The solution is total dismantling of local government collection of results, results should be sent directly from the polling unit to a central collection centre in the state n federal government

In fact no more physical collection in LGA n ward... From polling unit to central server

This is exactly what INEC told us will be done in 2023. We were shocked when we saw it was a fast game they played on us. Nigeria will be Great again in our lifetime
Re: How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by MEEVEET: 7:58pm On Jul 02
WhizdomXX:

This is exactly what INEC told us will be done in 2023. We were shocked when we saw it was a fast game they played on us. Nigeria will be Great again in our lifetime
That's not it

Inec said upload would be done but results would be collected manually

I mean electronic transfer of results
Re: How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by donphilopus: 8:01pm On Jul 02
Election rigging started 2015? What year were you born please?
Re: How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by WhizdomXX(m): 8:04pm On Jul 02
MEEVEET:

That's not it

Inec said upload would be done but results would be collected manually

I mean electronic transfer of results
If upload is done completely any independent firm can do the collation in a day.
Re: How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by MEEVEET: 8:11pm On Jul 02
WhizdomXX:

If upload is done completely any independent firm can do the collation in a day.
I'm talking about electronically transmission of results from polling unit direct
Re: How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by kingsways: 8:16pm On Jul 02
MEEVEET:
Good afternoon

Do you think that people who shut down irev server on Election Day will accept any innovation to stop rigging?

It’s deliberate, many politicians want rigging to continue
Re: How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by Twist4u: 8:28pm On Jul 02
The power given to a one "man" INEC Chairman on presidential Election is too much for 200 million people.

He can just wake up and decide whether election would be transmitted manually or electronically given where the odds favour his pay Master.

This is a major challenge and has proven to be unproductive, given the huge amount spent on INec reforms and conduct of elections. All to rest on arbitrary decision of one man. It's ill intentioned.

Am of the opinion that, there should be 6 board of INEC chairmen, to cut across the 6 geopolitical zones, with equal rights and privileges on the board affairs.

Secondly, Election should be electronic.

Meaning, the INEC card reader should be able to perform dual functions : Read a Voters Card and conduct electronic voting.

The current INEC IPad Card Reader has all this features, but it was frustrated by the Nigeria factor, corruption and INec chairman.
Re: How To Reduce Election Rigging By 90% by MEEVEET: 8:29pm On Jul 02
WhizdomXX:

Why do that when the results can reflect instantly

(1) (Reply)

Did APC Actually Do This In Nine Years Of Being In Power? / Nationwide Protest: NOA Appeals For Dialogue Instead Of Violence / PDP National Backs Fubara,insiat Ex Speaker&co Lost Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.