Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,347 members, 7,884,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 03:21 PM

Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion (25744 Views)

Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London / Six Boxing Greats Who Regained The Heavyweight Title / Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by PUNANI01: 10:38am On Jul 04
I can see his juju on his two legs
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by celestineteryim: 10:39am On Jul 04
This is how jagaban of Africa weighing 780,000 pounds defeated bitter grieving Pandora obituary and his supporters weighing 100 pounds and win the 2023 Nigeria presidential election, congratulations once again jagaban
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by FaceTanke: 10:40am On Jul 04
Rapmoney:

Most great men of the world seemed like the opposite of what they later became. Adolf Hitler was idle and confused about life even in his late 20s.

Hitler was not great, he is a lesser human
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Badmashiii: 10:46am On Jul 04
Akpabio22:
Wow 1908 everyone in that picture is completely dead abd buried. Same thing will also happen to we the current generation. There nothing in this life that worth dieing for or killing your fellow man to achieve it. It's completely meaningless

Stop being foolish,of course everyone shall die but that dosent mean you should remain docile in life and just await your death.

They are many things to kill and die for. Most important of them should be your interest,followed by your family.
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Mckraz01: 10:57am On Jul 04
PissInside:
He's from Ijebu in Ogun state cool

He's from Oron whariu mean
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by BuyMeBanger: 11:02am On Jul 04
Typical of me, I was so quick to come on here and say "ah-ah, how can he be the first ever when we've had...", nevermind grin.
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by treatise: 11:03am On Jul 04
PissInside:
He's from Ijebu in Ogun state cool
Not true; it Isale Eko
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Newton1045: 11:03am On Jul 04
Rapmoney:
Jack Johnson became Heavyweight Champion on 26 December, 1908.

Hahahaha.
This guy dare not rise from the canvas.
I would be ask for a pillow
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Dyingdebtor: 11:05am On Jul 04
FalseProphet1:
I remember this guy, he used to come to my spiritual center back then in the 1900s to collect holy water. He survived the American civil war and became a boxing champion.

My prayers is what made him successful.

This I have seen.

Baba werey ni ìwọ boboyi Ọlọhun gbọ.. 😂 😂 😂 😂
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Bahamas95(m): 11:19am On Jul 04
A time is also coming when all Nairalanders who commented on this thread will be no more. grin grin grin

This life sha!

1 Like

Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Konquest: 11:19am On Jul 04
Rapmoney:

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Johnson_(boxer)
Jack Johnson... Frozen in time and space.
From plantation slavery (of his forebears) to heavyweight boxing glory (26th December, 1908). The triumph of the human spirit.

Nice thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by javascript1901: 11:25am On Jul 04
TheSuperX:
Before the almighty Mohammed Ali. 🥊

This shows that blacks has been dominating boxing for centuries.
is he the first heavyweight champion of the world or the first black heavyweight champ
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Konquest: 11:26am On Jul 04
Rapmoney:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Konquest: 11:28am On Jul 04
FalseProphet1:
I remember this guy, he used to come to my spiritual center back then in the 1900s to collect holy water. He survived the American civil war and became a boxing champion.

My prayers is what made him successful.

This I have seen.
He was born on March 31, 1878, so, how could the iconic former heavyweight champion have survived the America Civil War which took place between 1861-1865?

You truly are a FALSE PROPHET and deserve to be flipped right out of the window or into the trash can like a piece of used tissue paper. grin
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:43am On Jul 04
Rapmoney:

Most great men of the world seemed like the opposite of what they later became. Adolf Hitler was idle and confused about life even in his late 20s.

As them no admit his paintings for him place, baba go day sleep for bench for another man's land.

His self will was just on another level. How he survived those times remains a wonder.
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Adesultan(m): 11:55am On Jul 04
His mother you meant to type?
AdeCityzen:
Big thanks to her mother that instill the rightful fear to bring the werey inside him
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by AdeCityzen(m): 11:59am On Jul 04
Adesultan:
His mother you meant to type?
oh oh. I forgot, thanks for reminding me sir
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by kokomilala(m): 12:05pm On Jul 04
The Harbinger of Good Fortunes for Black Boxers

I read his story more than 25 years ago in Ebony Magazine.

He was so fast that he would hit an opponent with a particular hand and then defend or block with the same hand.

He was obsessed with speed. He loved fast cars, fast women etc.

He literally paved the way for other black boxers like Ali, Frazer and more.
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by ZekeYeager: 12:23pm On Jul 04
Are you calling Adolf Hitler a great man?

Rapmoney:

Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by ZekeYeager: 12:25pm On Jul 04
Well, blacks could never dominate in the intellectual world so let them dominate boxing.

TheSuperX:
Before the almighty Mohammed Ali. 🥊

This shows that blacks has been dominating boxing for centuries.
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by victorazy(m): 12:30pm On Jul 04
OK kkkk
Na him Baba Frayo was talking about "Remember Jack Jackson, stop mini-mini o"
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Sweetcho: 12:39pm On Jul 04
Rapmoney:

He married a few white ashawao women but was a good boxer
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Rapmoney(m): 1:01pm On Jul 04
ZekeYeager:
Are you calling Adolf Hitler a great man?

Someone who almost brought France, Britain and Russia to their knees?
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by TheSuperX(m): 1:01pm On Jul 04
ZekeYeager:
Well, blacks could never dominate in the intellectual world so let them dominate boxing.

Most of the inventions were made by blacks, stop looking down on your race.
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by meobizy(f): 1:06pm On Jul 04
Not Nigerian history.
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Triangles1(m): 1:26pm On Jul 04
GABRIEL6036:
All those men in pictures are no more.. Take life simple and help the needy. Shalom
thank you for this powerful message.
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by CJStarz: 1:41pm On Jul 04
A core Igbo man
Re: Jack Johnson: The First Black Man To Win The Heavyweight Boxing Champion by ZekeYeager: 2:19pm On Jul 04
Someone who murdered millions of people?

Rapmoney:

Someone who almost brought France, Britain and Russia to their knees?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Single Picks Strategy No Chance To Loose ( A Must View For All Punters) / Chukwueze Renews Villarreal Contract With €100m Release Clause / Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.