Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,535 members, 7,905,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 04:37 AM

Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. (1135 Views)

Obasanjo Visits South-east Governors, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release / Olusegun Obasanjo Visits First Lady, Remi Tinubu / Obasanjo Visits Emeka Anyaoku At His Residence In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by Gjrich(m): 7:35pm On Jul 02
Obasanjo Visits South-East Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release.

The South East Governors, on Tuesday, hosted former President Olusegun Obasanjo who paid the governors a solidarity visit while they decided to meet President Bola Tinubu to press for the release of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

Addressing the media, after over seven hours of marathon meeting, the Governors of the region who were all in attendance also set up a burial committee by Former Senate President, Anyim, Pius Anyim, for the late minister of Science and Technology, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu.

According to the Chairman of the South East Governors Forum and Governor of Imo state, Senator Hope Uzodinma, “The Forum commiserates with the family of Ebonyi, Abia, Imo and indeed the entire South East region and entire the family of Ogbonnaya Onu on the demise of His Excellency Dr Ogbonnaya Onu.

“The Forum received a delegation of the former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, Chief Emeka Anyaoku and His Royal Majesty Igwe Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe, who came on a solidarity visit to this Forum.

“The Forum deliberated on the reviewed report of the South East security and economic summit held in Owerri Imo state on the 28 September 2023 and agreed to implement the aspect of the report about security and economic integration of the South East region and affirmed its desire to put actionable plan on the key issues agreed.

“The Forum resolved to visit Mr. President to discuss all pressing issues concerning the South East region. The Forum also deliberated and resolved to interface with the Federal Government to secure the release of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.”

Other members of the Ogbonnaya Onu burial committee included the former Governor of Rivers State, Chibuike Amechi who serves as the Secretary of the committee, and other Igbo leaders drawn from the Igbo-speaking states.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by Thundafireseun: 7:42pm On Jul 02
Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by EreluRoz: 7:42pm On Jul 02
They should release him already and place a travel ban on him.
Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by Sonnobax15(m): 7:46pm On Jul 02
lipsrsealed
The nigha has really suffered enough already...Make Dem free am let Dem dialogue....At least,the same FG have been freeing and rehabilitating terrorists allover the country since he got arrested undecided. Even Sunday Igboho almost do reach wetin the guy do self...BUT now he's free and gallivanting allover the place undecided

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by 10mobile: 7:47pm On Jul 02
Obasanjo, the struggling good man.
001Lagos:
Chief Obasanjo love the south east more than any other tribe in Nigeria

I know that he wished he was created Igbo at a point in his life because this love for the Igbos is so deep.
I think many of you non-Igbos deliberately make stupid comments that appear to serve the interest of Igbos so as to create the impression that Igbos are that stupid. I'm Igbo, and I don't find what you said to make sense. Why should Obasanjo want to be Igbo? The man is just struggling to be good which all of us should be doing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by 001Lagos: 7:51pm On Jul 02
Chief Obasanjo love the south east more than any other tribe in Nigeria

I know that he wished he was created Igbo at a point in his life because this love for the Igbos is so deep.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by Odin13: 7:56pm On Jul 02
Kanu ..the very man that brought political consciousness to igbos

.. and exposed them to Nigeria reality and their place in national settings

I don’t like him..playing god to some humans .. and being call prophet abi anything ..

However his violence has led many bright igbos to their grave ..
.. including his folks and friends .

Biafra is a spirit ..

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by sultanofpigs: 7:57pm On Jul 02
All EYEs on the Ball....

cool
Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by jnrbayano(m): 7:58pm On Jul 02
Is time for Kanu to get freed.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by 10mobile: 8:00pm On Jul 02
Odin13:

I don’t like him..playing god to some humans .. and being call prophet abi anything ..

Biafra is a spirit ..

You are as right as hell, sorry heaven.
Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by sultanofpigs: 8:00pm On Jul 02
Nnamdi Kanu exposed NIGERIA and the hate for IGBOS. He refused all manner of inducement to reject what he believes in. He categorically awakened docile IGBOs to the foolish 1 NIGERIA project.

Now to tell you how far...

Nnamdi Kanu is greater than even the Sultan and all Emirs in the North.

Take that to your Arewa gathering...

Odin13:

Biafra is a spirit ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by sultanofpigs: 8:04pm On Jul 02
grin
Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by WhizdomXX(m): 8:06pm On Jul 02
Yes Daddy.
Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by Odin13: 8:07pm On Jul 02
sultanofpigs:
Nnamdi Kanu exposed NIGERIA and the hate for IGBOS. He refused all manner of inducement to reject what he believes in. He categorically awakened docile IGBOs to the foolish 1 NIGERIA project.

Now to tell you how far...

Nnamdi Kanu is greater than even the Sultan and all Emirs in the North.

Take that to your Arewa gathering...

Typical and careless igboman .. with a shinny ignorance

What has the North got to do with my post

Kanu is greater than any igbo alive or dead..

Abi?

Careless ..

See your enemies Dey laugh you daily ..troll you igbos daily ..mock una .. abuse and curse una

Yet Na north be igboman problem

Same Kanu insulted the North

Some of you igbos

Una redemption is still far.. ignorance has block una brains

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by WhizdomXX(m): 8:08pm On Jul 02
Gjrich:

Obasanjo Visits South-East Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release.

The South East Governors, on Tuesday, hosted former President Olusegun Obasanjo who paid the governors a solidarity visit while they decided to meet President Bola Tinubu to press for the release of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

Addressing the media, after over seven hours of marathon meeting, the Governors of the region who were all in attendance also set up a burial committee by Former Senate President, Anyim, Pius Anyim, for the late minister of Science and Technology, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu.

According to the Chairman of the South East Governors Forum and Governor of Imo state, Senator Hope Uzodinma, “The Forum commiserates with the family of Ebonyi, Abia, Imo and indeed the entire South East region and entire the family of Ogbonnaya Onu on the demise of His Excellency Dr Ogbonnaya Onu.

“The Forum received a delegation of the former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, Chief Emeka Anyaoku and His Royal Majesty Igwe Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe, who came on a solidarity visit to this Forum.

“The Forum deliberated on the reviewed report of the South East security and economic summit held in Owerri Imo state on the 28 September 2023 and agreed to implement the aspect of the report about security and economic integration of the South East region and affirmed its desire to put actionable plan on the key issues agreed.

“The Forum resolved to visit Mr. President to discuss all pressing issues concerning the South East region. The Forum also deliberated and resolved to interface with the Federal Government to secure the release of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.”

Other members of the Ogbonnaya Onu burial committee included the former Governor of Rivers State, Chibuike Amechi who serves as the Secretary of the committee, and other Igbo leaders drawn from the Igbo-speaking states.

Hope there's a member of the committee from Anioma state? If not, I propose myself.
Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by WhizdomXX(m): 8:10pm On Jul 02
10mobile:
Obasanjo, the struggling good man.

I think many of you non-Igbos deliberately make stupid comments that appear to serve the interest of Igbos so as to create the impression that Igbos are that stupid. I'm Igbo, and I don't find what you said to make sense. Why should Obasanjo want to be Igbo? The man is just struggling to be good which all of us should be doing.
A Yoruba man in Asaba once told me Obasanjo is igbo, a full grown man with a job. He insisted despite me proving otherwise.
Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by MEEVEET: 8:10pm On Jul 02
When I look at people who say igbos should embrace APC blah blah blah

I always asked the igbos founded APC, supported them the likes of Rochas, Onu, nwajuba, orji kalu and even Joe Igbokwe.... How has APC treated this people that would warrant more igbos to join

Joe Igbokwe after everything he did, I'm sure no body knows Lagos APC publicity secretary since he left.. What was Tinubu rewarded him with ?

Forget what PDP and atiku said he never planned to give obi votes in fact he felt he won that 2019 votes himself... No body even believed obi could be worth millions of vote

U see this Nigerian politics eeh never trust the promise of a Yoruba man or Hausa man... Negotiate what u want instantly and make sure they do it in full before u do anything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by yarimo(m): 8:11pm On Jul 02
Only few Nigerians knows how to press IPOB mumu bottom. Obasanjo well done oo grin grin

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by richie240: 8:15pm On Jul 02
U that fought a civil war to keep nigeria 'one' now becoming a battle-axe for d secessionists.

Baba, it is well.
Just keep plessing their mumu button!
Den nor kuku know d difference.
grin

sultanofpigs:
He is coming out and you can die crying

sultanofpigs:
Pain and confusion

Hehehehehe...... Just as I thought!
# emotions_over_logic!
grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by hammer567: 8:16pm On Jul 02
EreluRoz:
They should release him already and place a travel ban on him.

TRAVEL BAN SAY WAITIN HAPPEN?

NA UNA GO FEED AM?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by sultanofpigs: 8:17pm On Jul 02
See them. Emergency lovers of IGBOs.

Nnamdi Kanu was incarcerated and the loudest noise was from the North and South West. The North NEVER entertained the thought of releasing him, because he was a direct threat to their JIHADIST agenda.

The SW aren't Herdsmen that infiltrated the bushes in NIGERIA to kill people recklessly, or are they?

As regards online banter and abuses between IGBO people and Yoruba, know that it's still banter.

AS for you in the NORTH, BUHARI and his antics exposed you totally.

If Nnamdi Kanu is released by Tinubu, he has automatically gotten his second term. This is because Nnamdi Kanu has more weight than even Peter Obi in the SE.

TINUBU is playing his game and we will align as it favours us. We are now playing politics also.

Smash your head on the floor.

Nonsense

Odin13:

Typical and careless igboman .. with a shinny ignorance

What has the North got to do with my post

Kanu is greater than any igbo alive or dead..

Abi?

Careless ..

See your enemies Dey laugh you daily ..troll you igbos daily ..mock una .. abuse and curse una

Yet Na north be igboman problem

Same Kanu insulted the North

Some of you igbos

Una redemption is still far.. ignorance has block una brains

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by 10mobile: 8:20pm On Jul 02
WhizdomXX:

A Yoruba man in Asaba once told me Obasanjo is igbo, a full grown man with a job. He insisted despite me proving otherwise.
Many people think that everyone is as stupid as themselves. Behaviours like Obasanjo taking sides with Igbos sometimes is what everyone should be doing. Those who say he's doing so because he's Igbo are those who can't think beyond tribe because of their limited worldview. Whether you're Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, or anyone else, IF YOU CAN ONLY SUPPORT YOUR TRIBE EVERY TIME, IT'S ONLY BECAUSE YOUR MIND IS LITTLE.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by sultanofpigs: 8:21pm On Jul 02
He is coming out and you can die crying

richie240:
OAS (Old age syndrome)!

U that fought a civil war to keep nigeria 'one' now becoming a battle-axe for a secessionist.

Baba, it is well.
Just keep pleasing their mumu button!
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by Finegirl734(f): 8:21pm On Jul 02
Dumbfounded
Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by sultanofpigs: 8:23pm On Jul 02
Tell BUHARI that Tinubu is about releasing MNK...

The movement is bigger than your uncircumcised brain.

yarimo:
Only few Nigerians knows how to press IPOB mumu bottom. Obasanjo well done oo grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by sultanofpigs: 8:24pm On Jul 02
Who cares...

Even TINUBU is not from Yoruba land sef.. cheesy

WhizdomXX:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by Godwin4444: 8:30pm On Jul 02
sultanofpigs:
See them. Emergency lovers of IGBOs.

Nnamdi Kanu was incarcerated and the loudest noise was from the North and South West. The North NEVER entertained the thought of releasing him, because he was a direct threat to their JIHADIST agenda.

The SW aren't Herdsmen that infiltrated the bushes in NIGERIA to kill people recklessly, or are they?

As regards online banter and abuses between IGBO people and Yoruba, know that it's still banter.

AS for you in the NORTH, BUHARI and his antics exposed you totally.

If Nnamdi Kanu is released by Tinubu, he has automatically gotten his second term. This is because Nnamdi Kanu has more weight than even Peter Obi in the SE.

TINUBU is playing his game and we will align as it favours us. We are now playing politics also.

Smash your head on the floor.

Nonsense

u must b stupid if u don’t know Odin is igbo

He’s d same person as frigga13

He’s a fellow igbo like u so y d drama

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by sultanofpigs: 8:31pm On Jul 02
Yarimo
Chopnaira
Slytiger
FREESTUFFNG
Okoro
Oyigboupdate
Godson1
Ndimkpurumiri
Raskimonojendor
Paraman
Christiantruth00
Mazisimonekpa
Minorityopinion
Cilicmarin
Typing

Rotimi Amaechi is ikwerre that is in an IGBO gathering.

Other members of the Ogbonnaya Onu burial committee included the former Governor of Rivers State, Chibuike Amechi who serves as the Secretary of the committee, and other Igbo leaders drawn from the Igbo-speaking states

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by sultanofpigs: 8:32pm On Jul 02
cool

Godwin4444:
u must b stupid if u don’t know Odin is igbo

He’s d same person as frigga13

He’s a fellow igbo like u so y d drama

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by sultanofpigs: 8:35pm On Jul 02
Pain and confusion

richie240:
U that fought a civil war to keep nigeria 'one' now becoming a battle-axe for a secessionist.

Baba, it is well.
Just keep plessing their mumu button!
Den nor kuku know d difference.
grin

Hehehehehe...... Just as I said!
# emotions_over_logic!
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by Mercenary123: 8:49pm On Jul 02
sultanofpigs:
Yarimo
Chopnaira
Slytiger
FREESTUFFNG
Okoro
Oyigboupdate
Godson1
Ndimkpurumiri
Raskimonojendor
Paraman
Christiantruth00
Mazisimonekpa
Minorityopinion
Cilicmarin
Typing

Rotimi Amaechi is ikwerre that is in an IGBO gathering.

Other members of the Ogbonnaya Onu burial committee included the former Governor of Rivers State, Chibuike Amechi who serves as the Secretary of the committee, and other Igbo leaders drawn from the Igbo-speaking states
. I saw that too. Igbo denial exist only in the minds of few disgruntled wike boys and other ignorant folks in the south south

People that matters know their roots
Re: Obasanjo Visits South-east Govs, Moves For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release. by Omoawoke: 8:49pm On Jul 02
Same Kanu that threatened obasanjo

Kanu go rust for the prison

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ehindero And Kupolokun Are Failures! / U.s. Launches Airstrike In Somalia / Global Alert Issued On Nigerian Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.