Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,291 members, 7,897,400 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 01:23 PM

Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s (24873 Views)

FM Radio Presenters In Nigeria In the 1980s, '90s And Early 2000s / 10 Romantic Songs For Your Valentine Playlist / Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by tivity101: 12:09pm On Jul 03
Yahoo came to change the narrative for us. What a time to remember back in the days
CalabarPikin:
Me and song book that year..

Funny how girls fall for guys that score songs even with wrong lyrics in those days, now it's money or nothing

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by noob03saibot(m): 12:11pm On Jul 03
Day169:
Channel O was the 'go-to' then.
so on point. I wonder if it still exists. That channel was fire back then. But when MTV base came, guy, I switched. love-vendor my ride, yo mama and a whole other shows

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by IAmHim1: 12:15pm On Jul 03
Lil
Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by noob03saibot(m): 12:18pm On Jul 03
Papichulostunne:
Still have bow wow ft omarion - Let me hold you on my phone as we speak...

Also Bow wow - Outtaa my System
that outtaa my system ft tpain, jam of life. I think that's the one they said he did after the breakup he had with Ciara. You just brought back memories. I need to hear that song again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by Gggjhhj: 12:20pm On Jul 03
Papichulostunne:
Still have bow wow ft omarion - Let me hold you on my phone as we speak...

Also Bow wow - Outtaa my System

Outta ma system when t pain was killing shit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by IAmHim1: 12:20pm On Jul 03
On careful observation, you'll find that most of them are silly simp songs

Although the beat sounds cool and danceable, the lyrics aim to emancipate men to act like dundees and simpish apes

It has been flying right over your heads for years now...
I say NO MORE!!

https://www.nairaland.com/7781035/lyrically-mistaken

https://www.nairaland.com/8140216/entitlement-gospel-artists-error-gospel
Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by Rivermonster(m): 12:20pm On Jul 03
Anguldi:
Touch my body 💯

Nigerian girls never be OLOSHOes that time tongue
Cheap internet has made them lose their senses wink
watin this fo*l dey talk sef?
Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by Gggjhhj: 12:32pm On Jul 03
hotwax:

genZ wont understand a single line in your writeup.

I still feel music has left the planet...thank God for Afro-hiphop thats bringing the vibe in a little way they can, american music is dead..thanks to their woke, dreadlock gang crying on microphone in the name of singing...

once they lace their teeth with metals and dreadlock hair, they feel they know how to sing..

and you must now look ugly so people can believe you know how to sing a.k.a seyi vibez...

As for me, I stick to my old school songs, if u come visit me or you attend my party, thats what i play..if u don't like get out...

my car is loaded with rkelly, Joe, Puff daddy and mase...

Rap music got stupid with the likes of young thug, xtension that trap music killed rap, no lyrical content, no flows, no bars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by Fiscabally(m): 12:34pm On Jul 03
Hemanwel:
I remember back then in the early 2000s, a friend of mine used Brandy's song "I will cross the ocean for you" (can't remember the title again), to chyke a girl. Good old days

For you i will by Monica
Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by boogie2: 12:41pm On Jul 03
U forgot… method man ft Mary j blige . you all u need to get by
Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by TyroneP(m): 1:05pm On Jul 03
"Dilemma"
Nelly featuring Kelly Rowland should have replaced "Ride with me"- my opinion though.

Rapmoney:
Back then, romance was a different thing entirely (90s to early 2000s). After this era, things changed drastically in our social life. Then, relationship was characterized by style and doings. Today, everything centres around money, sex and material things. Females of this generation want money while the males want sex. These are now the two pillars on which almost every relationship stands on.

Na these songs we take dey do romance that year. Don't forget that modern Nigerian pop music was not around then, in case you were born in the decade after 1999.

Let's go!

1. Bow Wow ft. Omarion - Let Me Hold You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX2Acz35XWY&pp=ygUXbGV0IG1lIGhvbGQgeW91IGJvdyB3b3c%3D

2. Smilez and South star - Tell Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_wwEglFUb4&pp=ygUcdGVsbCBtZSBzbWlsZXogYW5kIHNvdXRoc3Rhcg%3D%3D

3. Ja Rule ft. Ashanti - Mesmerize

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcP96KbFIIU&pp=ygUTZmF0IGpvZSB3aGF0J3MgbG92ZQ%3D%3D

4. Nelly ft City Spud - Ride With Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSDWq6HsJE&pp=ygURbmVsbHkgcmlkZSB3aXQgbWU%3D

5. Wyclef Jean ft Mary J. Blige - 911

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiNRIR8tjFc&pp=ygUcOTExIHd5Y2xlZiBqZWFuIG1hcnkgaiBibGlnZQ%3D%3D

6. Mariah Carey - Touch My Body

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b8erWuBA44&pp=ygUUdG91Y2ggbXkgYm9keSBtYXJpYWg%3D

7. Sean Kingston - Beautiful Girls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTz5xjmso4&pp=ygUdc2VhbiBraW5nc3RvbiBiZWF1dGlmdWwgZ2lybHM%3D

8. Angie Martinez ft Wyclef Jean - Coast To Coast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijvGoaUJfU4&pp=ygUdY2x1Y2sgY2x1Y2sgd3ljbGVmIGplYW4gdmlkZW8%3D

9. Busta Rhyme ft Mariah Carey - I Know What You Want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDaNJW_jEBo&pp=ygUeYnVzdGEgcmh5bWVzIGFuZCBtYXJpYWggY2FyZXkg

10. Ja Rule ft. Ashanti - Always On Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tcDXJfAFVw&pp=ygUWYWx3YXlzIG9uIHRpbWUgamEgcnVsZQ%3D%3D

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by waice6571: 1:14pm On Jul 03
DoctorAyukebot:
The will never be an era like the 90's and early 2000's in R&B and music in general. Back to back hits were the norm with strategic rhymes and beats to match..It was a magical moment in Western urban music..

In addition to your list,

Craig David's album Born to do it, smashing tracks like I am walking away,Seven Days, Fill Me in was a hit of it's own class amongst Africans

50 Cent, In Da Club took Hip hop to a different level

Beyonce after a successful pompous carrier as the head of the Destiny's Child paired up with Jay Z to bring to air Bonny and Clyde and a host of other hits

Shaggy's wasn't me brought other Jamaicans that forever defined dancehall with greats like Kevin Little, Wayne Wonder, Rupee, and Sean Paul etc..

Rihanna's master stroke Umbrella ft Jay Z, brought another star to behold..

R.Kelly after a successful 90's carried the momentum to the 2000's with his critical acclaim TP2.com album of salacious hits. Fiesta Remix was the bomb. Ignition, Chocolate factory, Trapped in the closet, You saved me, Happy People..

If you grew up as an African teenager and didn't know Joe Thomas then you weren't on planet earth

Akon brought his own style in the mid half of the 2000's featuring with almost every A list artist

Sisqo after a successful career with the group Dru Hill unleashed the dragon in 2000 with a tinted hair and style to match

Timbaland, Timberlake, Missy Elliot, Katy Perry, Nelly Furtado, Black Eyed Peas...It's a never ending list of good music..We should talk about the 90's sometime so greats like Keith Sweat can be celebrated too..

You must be that crazy DJ that unforgettable night... Jamz althrough.

Nelly ft Kelly Rowland.... 🔊Dilemma🔊 will continue to live on rent free on our minds.... FOREVERMORE
Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by Ever8090: 1:14pm On Jul 03
DoctorAyukebot:
The will never be an era like the 90's and early 2000's in R&B and music in general. Back to back hits were the norm with strategic rhymes and beats to match..It was a magical moment in Western urban music..

Craig David's album Born to do it, smashing tracks like I am walking away,Seven Days, Fill Me in was a hit of it's own class amongst Africans

Beyonce after a successful pompous carrier as the head of the Destiny's Child paired up with Jay Z to bring to air Bonny and Clyde and a host of other hits

Shaggy's wasn't me brought other Jamaicans that forever defined dancehall with greats like Kevin Little, Wayne Wonder, Rupee, and Sean Paul etc..

R.Kelly after a successful 90's carried the momentum to the 2000's with his critical acclaim TP2.com album of salacious hits. Fiesta Remix was the bomb. Ignition, Chocolate factory, Trapped in the closet, You saved me, Happy People..

If you grew up as an African teenager and didn't know Joe Thomas then you weren't on planet earth

Akon brought his own style in the mid half of the 2000's featuring with almost every A list artist

Sisqo after a successful career with the group Dru Hill unleashed the dragon in 2000 with a tinted hair and style to match

Timbaland, Timberlake, Missy Elliot, Katy Perry, Nelly Furtado, Black Eyed Peas...It's a never ending list of good music..We should talk about the 90's sometime so greats like Keith Sweat can be celebrated too..
you made it even more interesting than the poster...
Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by DoctorAyukebot(m): 1:16pm On Jul 03
Willie2015:

Try an give credit to Shaba ranks...
B/4 Shaggy take the stage ..

Shabba Ranks was good even winning a Grammy for best reggae album in 1993 . I still have his Mr Lover Man and Ting a Ling a Ling, Chaka Demus and Pliers too were good defining Jamaican music with the dancehall reggaeton offshoot. However these stars had their glory days in the 90's and thus couldn't be talked about in a 2000 piece
Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by PissInside: 1:19pm On Jul 03
angry

You need to include joints like -

*Luv you better by LL cool J.

*I need a girl Pt 2 by P diddy.

*Gangsta lovin by Eve.

*You know that i love you by Donell jones.

*Ride with you by G-unit& Joe

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by Allenmuller(m): 1:23pm On Jul 03
Even thogh ah been no de for dat era atlest ,ma fav na ja rule ,ma sis broz de jam am steady those days .
Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by DoctorAyukebot(m): 1:26pm On Jul 03
waice6571:

You must be that crazy DJ that unforgettable night... Jamz althrough.

Nelly ft Kelly Rowland.... 🔊Dilemma🔊 will continue to live on rent free on our minds.... FOREVERMORE

I'm just a music lover with a varied taste that includes "Water no get enemy of Fela", Take A Message to Mary by the Everly brothers of the 60's, Mama Mia of the Abba's in the 70's, Daddy Cool of the Boney M of the 70's and Barnabas of Kiss Daniel of this era..Lol

Dilemma of Nelly ft Kelly Rowland brought Kelly to the front stage after being overshadowed by Beyonce all through her carrier days at Destiny's Child. The airwaves were heavy. Nelly was already an A list established rapper often ranked as the best those days.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by DoctorAyukebot(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03
Major7:

You’re sure a music lover that have taste. Missy Elliot was one of my favorite but I consider her freaky at times😁. You’re old as well mehn😂

Thank You..I definitely do have varied taste in music some as old as the 50's with genres spanding, Makossa, Rhumba, Soukous, RnB, Salsa, Afrobeats, Disco, French Blues etc.As for my age I am between 40 and 45. These days it is too risky to have a single age..Lol
Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by waice6571: 1:37pm On Jul 03
DoctorAyukebot:

I'm just a music lover with a varied taste that includes "Water no get enemy of Fela", Take A Message to Mary by the Everly brothers of the 60's, Mama Mia of the Abba's in the 70's, Daddy Cool of the Boney M of the 70's and Barnabas of Kiss Daniel of this era..Lol

Dilemma of Nelly ft Kelly Rowland brought Kelly to the front stage after being overshadowed by Beyonce all through her carrier days at Destiny's Child. The airwaves were heavy. Nelly was already an A list established rapper often ranked as the best those days.

You captured the old days beautifully to the admiration of everyone.

Thanks for bringing back those beautiful memories.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by DoctorAyukebot(m): 1:56pm On Jul 03
PissInside:
THRASH LIST angry

You need to include joints like -

*Fill me in,Seven days,Rendezvous or Walking away by Craid david.

*Luv you better by LL cool J.

*My Boo by Usher.

*I need a girl Pt 2 by P diddy.

*Differences by Ginuwine.

*Gangsta lovin by Eve.

*This i promise you by NSYNC

*You know that i love you by Donell jones.

*Crazy by Kci and Jojo.

*Fallin by Alicia keys.

That's a good add on. Truth is it will take an entire day to compile a comprehensive list. I just downloaded I need a Girl part 2 and frankly it is the most interesting part. Diddy a music exec then was good with tactical flows and gentle jump giving a shine to these videos.

I made a list of my own too and forgot Alicia Keys one of my favourite musicians..I love the master stroke of her album Dairy but Falling was popular and far reaching.

Kci and Jojo now a shadow of their once vibrant self had some good hits. Usher though not my favourite is a true giant from his , You remind Me hit. He recently won a life time achievement award. Dude has been consistent..

There is also the late Aaliyah who was a force with her Resolution hit. Eve and Queen Latifah who later went into acting were two great female rappers. One could never make a complete list in just one article. You'll remember some talents like Brandy, TLC girls, Christina Aguilera, only after you have published the article..Lol

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by anonymuz(m): 2:09pm On Jul 03
DoctorAyukebot:

you are above 45. grin grin indimime generation can't those names.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by SMREXY(m): 2:17pm On Jul 03
My favorite of all time "Ja Rule ft. Ashanti - Always On Time."

Literally had the whole verse in my head... Good old days cool kiss
Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by Beverlyjean(f): 2:40pm On Jul 03
ericmor:

Yes, you are correct but they have their own R&B singers too just that is the real girls and boys that listen to them in Nigeria here. You know we now have so many illiterate and crazy kids out here now. Yahoo money and the internet has made dem have access to express their stupidity also. That is why we now see so many crazy stupid things online now

💯 fact
Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by MyAmericandream(f): 2:44pm On Jul 03
madridguy:
Ja Rule ft. Ashanti - Always On Time, evergreen track.

God bless MITV, they tried those days, every Friday evening those days na non stop.

Ray power radio follow try.
Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by Zubeezanga(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03
ericmor:

Those cadi B you mentioned are rap, marry j still drop, norel Jons, Christ brown have some love songs too, TANK, Keith sweat, Al green, usher etc
Chris brown is the part of new old skul he has authencity like them old, i don't know why he is not been well celebrated that dude is all round good.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by MyAmericandream(f): 2:49pm On Jul 03
DoctorAyukebot:

Do you hate usher this much that you forget to put him on this list? Even Jennifer Lopez I no see.
Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by DoctorAyukebot(m): 2:57pm On Jul 03
MyAmericandream:

Do you hate usher this much that you forget to put him on this list? Even Jennifer Lopez I no see.

It's true I am not an Usher fan but dude has been consistent. I read he recently received a life time award . I agree both Lopez and Usher should have been on the list. So is Eve, Aaliyah, Alicia Keys, Brandy, Christina Aguilera, Melanie B...Lol

Honestly it could take forever to make a list of the 2000 musical greats. After publishing then I remembered Fabulous should have been there too..Lol

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by sageb: 2:59pm On Jul 03
Rapmoney:
Back then, romance was a different thing entirely (90s to early 2000s). After this era, things changed drastically in our social life. Then, relationship was characterized by style and doings. Today, everything centres around money, sex and material things. Females of this generation want money while the males want sex. These are now the two pillars on which almost every relationship stands on.

Na these songs we take dey do romance that year. Don't forget that modern Nigerian pop music was not around then, in case you were born in the decade after 1999.

Let's go!

1. Bow Wow ft. Omarion - Let Me Hold You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX2Acz35XWY&pp=ygUXbGV0IG1lIGhvbGQgeW91IGJvdyB3b3c%3D

2. Smilez and South star - Tell Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_wwEglFUb4&pp=ygUcdGVsbCBtZSBzbWlsZXogYW5kIHNvdXRoc3Rhcg%3D%3D

3. Ja Rule ft. Ashanti - Mesmerize

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcP96KbFIIU&pp=ygUTZmF0IGpvZSB3aGF0J3MgbG92ZQ%3D%3D

4. Nelly ft City Spud - Ride With Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSDWq6HsJE&pp=ygURbmVsbHkgcmlkZSB3aXQgbWU%3D

5. Wyclef Jean ft Mary J. Blige - 911

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiNRIR8tjFc&pp=ygUcOTExIHd5Y2xlZiBqZWFuIG1hcnkgaiBibGlnZQ%3D%3D

6. Mariah Carey - Touch My Body

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b8erWuBA44&pp=ygUUdG91Y2ggbXkgYm9keSBtYXJpYWg%3D

7. Sean Kingston - Beautiful Girls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTz5xjmso4&pp=ygUdc2VhbiBraW5nc3RvbiBiZWF1dGlmdWwgZ2lybHM%3D

8. Angie Martinez ft Wyclef Jean - Coast To Coast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijvGoaUJfU4&pp=ygUdY2x1Y2sgY2x1Y2sgd3ljbGVmIGplYW4gdmlkZW8%3D

9. Busta Rhyme ft Mariah Carey - I Know What You Want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDaNJW_jEBo&pp=ygUeYnVzdGEgcmh5bWVzIGFuZCBtYXJpYWggY2FyZXkg

10. Ja Rule ft. Ashanti - Always On Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tcDXJfAFVw&pp=ygUWYWx3YXlzIG9uIHRpbWUgamEgcnVsZQ%3D%3D

this list iso incomplete without ‘’dilemma‘’ by NELLY AND KELLY ROWLAND .

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by DoctorAyukebot(m): 3:00pm On Jul 03
anonymuz:
you are above 45. grin grin indimime generation can't those names.

I just checked on my ID and it's exactly 45..Lol

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by borie4u(m): 3:04pm On Jul 03
Top on the best romantic hip hop na Whitney Houston. Give her her flowers. Mariah and co. But my best 2000 was Awilo logomba. That guy finished Naija. If u no hear awiilo song for party in 1999/ 2000. That means say party no complete. There was never a year when all musicians no try to outwit themselves like 1999. From Carlos Santana (wild wild west, Balamo) to Wyclef (YMCA) to who let's the dog out to Backstreet boys
Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by KushLyon(m): 3:19pm On Jul 03
Bananapill:

I done become young man when he sang this.
Do you know Mark Morrison who sang return of the Mark?

No I don't
Re: Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s by KushLyon(m): 3:40pm On Jul 03
Godwin25king:

I still have these songs on my phones smiley

Same here cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) / Drop Your Foreign Interesting Old Songs / Burna Boy Bags Grammy Award Nomination For Best Album.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.