Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,152 members, 7,896,906 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 02:03 AM

Kalabari Is 100% Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalabari Is 100% Igbo (1420 Views)

Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour Is 100% Igbo. Thid Is Why. / Kalabari Is Not Ijaw – INC/IYC Be Warned - By Sepiribo Douglas / Kalabari Is NOT Ijaw - Kalabari Groups Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by Ofodirinwa: 8:40pm On Jul 02
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/xSrBzaBLLX6cEwyZ/?mibextid=xCPwDs

Watch the video. If you speak IJAW tell me what they are saying lol.
This is even central igbo.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by kingsways: 8:47pm On Jul 02
Ofodirinwa:

I no understand those people. Even Opobo- they say it’s Ijaw but everybody including the Governor speak Igbo

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by NextAbuja: 9:02pm On Jul 02
Your likes are among the most foolish human being I have ever encountered on Niaraland. Scottish Welsh Irish British all speak English but England is not forcing them to be English.

Foolish people like you need to be beaten beyond redemption so that you can desist from exhibiting this level of foolishness among humans.

kingsways:

I no understand those people. Even Opobo- they say it’s Ijaw but everybody including the Governor speak Igbo

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by Remman(m): 9:06pm On Jul 02
You that understand it to be Igbo, what are they saying in Igbo?

1 Like

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by Paraman: 9:10pm On Jul 02
Ofodirinwa:

Are you from England?

1 Like

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by yarimo(m): 9:53pm On Jul 02
Ofodirinwa:

Very soon they will claim Gwoza in Bornu state belong to them

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by christejames(m): 10:24pm On Jul 02
Igbo bu Igbo!

4 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by WhizdomXX(m): 10:34pm On Jul 02
Truth is they are ijaw towns with majority Igbo population now due to the slave trade. If you don't understand, please pass. If you like insult me, I'm Igbo too.

7 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by chopnaira: 10:34pm On Jul 02
Ofodirinwa:

All of Rivers Deltas and even Bayelsa are Ibo lands. 😂

3 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by 11Monkeys: 11:22pm On Jul 02
Ofodirinwa:

Guy don't talk nonsense if you don't have anything meaningful to say.

How is kalabari Igbo? From dialect to culture to anything you can think about, is totally different from the Igbo tribe.

The Opobo people speak Igbo language and they aren't kalabari people. Kalabari is different from Opobo.

I won't drag anybody to bear the ijaw tag or Igbo tag but your language definitely has given you away. There is no argument about that.

If you like answer ijaw by name and speak Igbo by language, you are gone already cos you would be identified as Igbo.

8 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by paramakina202: 11:46pm On Jul 02
Asari said it recently that 80% of Rivers state is Igboland.
Go and argue with him.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by Ofodirinwa: 11:51pm On Jul 02
11Monkeys:

Guy don't talk nonsense if you don't have anything meaningful to say.

How is kalabari Igbo? From dialect to culture to anything you can think about, is totally different from the Igbo tribe.

The Opobo people speak Igbo language and they aren't kalabari people. Kalabari is different from Opobo.

I won't drag anybody to bear the ijaw tag or Igbo tag but your language definitely has given you away. There is no argument about that.

If you like answer ijaw by name and speak Igbo by language, you are gone already cos you would be identified as Igbo.

this video is from kalabari kingdom

They are blowing Oja
They are speaking fluid, clear igbo that is even closer to central Igbo than my own dialect
The man they are calling Odogwu has already said, several times, that he is an Igbo man with Igbo ancestors

Is it because he's wearing a british officers hat that you think he's Ijaw lol

7 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by Ofodirinwa: 11:53pm On Jul 02
WhizdomXX:
Truth is they are ijaw towns with majority Igbo population now due to the slave trade. If you don't understand, please pass. If you like insult me, I'm Igbo too.

this yeye logic of they are 'majority igbo because of slave trade' is foolish and outdated.
How can you have more slaves than locals, or have slaves and adopt the language, culture, customs of the slaves. Your royal family is from the slave not the indigine lineage. Your market days are the slave's market days, your gods are the slaves gods, your instruments are the slaves instruments,

I'm not insulting you because I have heard the same logic the way you heard it but when you sit down and think about it, it sounds like comedy.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by Ofodirinwa: 11:56pm On Jul 02
Nwanne, I am making it clear. There is no ethnicity called Ijaw in Nigeria except 2 local governments in Bayelsa and they don't even see each other as brothers. Instead they are claiming various coastal Igbo cities for the sake of oil politics. Meanwhile even in Bayelsa it is Igbo people drilling the yeye oil.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by MrEverest(m): 1:26am On Jul 03
You’re the one that deserves to be beaten thoroughly with 2 by 2. Why will you compare apples with grapes?

If the native people in Kalabari speak Igbos, it only mean one thing: THEY ARE IGBOS.

People of England are called English people because their native tongue is English! People of France are called French people because their native tongue is French! The native tongue of people is the number one determinant of their ethnicity!!!

Why do we have so many dense people in Nigeria Little wonder why we have a character like Tinubu as president while everywhere is in chaos.

Spit!

NextAbuja:
Your likes are among the most foolish human being I have ever encountered on Niaraland. Scottish Welsh Irish British all speak English but England is not force them to be English.

Foolish people like you need to be beaten beyond redemption so tat you can desist from exhibiting this level of foolishness among humans.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by Zubeezanga(m): 3:04am On Jul 03
NextAbuja:
Your likes are among the most foolish human being I have ever encountered on Niaraland. Scottish Welsh Irish British all speak English but England is not force them to be English.

Foolish people like you need to be beaten beyond redemption so tat you can desist from exhibiting this level of foolishness among humans.

I swear bro, they bring up incoherent topic, ever since i became active on nairaland i have become toxic, the level of disunity this platform overlook is overwhelming, i don't know who the owner is, but he or she should do better.

5 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by Revealpanda: 3:13am On Jul 03
Paraman:
Are you from England?
Is England a tribe?

Why aren't they speaking their own original tribal language abi they forgot it totally? Why are they speaking igbo and not their own Kalabari language?

Nigerians speak English but we still have our various tribal languages... What is Kalabari tribal language?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by Whalis: 3:28am On Jul 03
MrEverest:
You’re the one that deserves to be beaten thoroughly with 2 by 2. Why will you compare apples with grapes?

If the native people in Kalabari speak Igbos, it only mean one thing: THEY ARE IGBOS.

People of England are called English people because their native tongue is English! People of France are called French people because their native tongue is French! The native tongue of people is the number one determinant of their ethnicity!!!

Why do we have so many #dense# people in Nigeria Little wonder why we have a character like Tinubu as president while everywhere is in chaos.

Spit!

Like Obidense?

1 Like

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by 10thTenthMan: 3:42am On Jul 03
I do understand where the poster is coming from. The praise singing of Asari Dokubo in this video sounds definitely Igbo Language. HOWEVER, IT IS NOT KALABARI LANGUAGE. ANY KALABARI SPEAKER WILL TELL YOU THAT IS NOT KALABARI AND UNLESS YOU ARE CONVERSANT WITH IGBO LANGUAGE, A KALABARI PERSON WILL NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING SAID IN THAT VIDEO.

Igbo Language and Kalabari are not the same.

English, Igbo and Kalabari for example:

God - Chukwu/Chineke - Tamuno

Good - Nnma- Ibi

Bad - Ojor - Si/gbruru (don’t confuse with Gburu which means yam in Kalabari)

Come - Bia - bo

Go - Gawa - So

Cloth - Akwa - Kapa

Please - Biko - Pasisi

Bush - Ofia - Piri

Head - Ishi - Sibi

House - Ulo - Wari

Road - Uzor - Etela

Market - Ahia - Ogambiri

Dog - Nkita - Obiri

Gun - Egbe - Alagba

Woman/Female - Nwayin - Erebo/ Ereme

Man/Male - Nwoke/Nwobia- Oyibor

Small/Little - Ntakiri - Kala/ Iru

Thank you - imela- E miyete or Emiete

And I could go on and on ...

But there is the general acceptance that due to certain factors especially with the Kalabaris being strong middlemen in the slave trade, just like the Igbanis, the slave trade and general general trade of goods and merchandise led to Igbos settling within Kalabari Communities. Intermarriages happened also, as wives were sought from Igbo land. There has now been a lot of mixing. I doubt if there is a Kalabari family (especially from the major Abonemma, Buguma, Obonoma, etc) without an Igbo grand or great grand relatives. Many Kalabari Men marry Igbo Wives and the Igbo Wives have been known to be very compatible with Kalabari Husbands. Igbo Men marrying Kalabari Women is not so common.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by ResidentSnitch(f): 4:02am On Jul 03
Revealpanda:

Is England a tribe?

Why aren't they speaking their own original tribal language abi they forgot it totally? Why are they speaking igbo and not their own Kalabari language?

Nigerians speak English but we still have our various tribal languages... What is Kalabari tribal language?
That guy you posed these poignant questions to is as dense as a rock. Watch how he will stammer, summersault, convulse and even foam in the mouth or even ignore the questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by Paraman: 4:31am On Jul 03
Revealpanda:

Is England a tribe?

Is Igbo a tribe ?

You're not from England but you're writing in English. I was thinking you're an English.

6 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by NewDea4: 4:49am On Jul 03
Ofodirinwa:

Claimu!

Yah!
Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by Revealpanda: 4:55am On Jul 03
Paraman:
Is Igbo a tribe ?

You're not from England but you're writing in English. I was thinking you're an English.
Nonsense as usual.
Igbo is both a tribe and a nation.

You didn't answer any of my questions as usual.

I speak English but have my tribal language which is Igbo.

Going by your own logic what is the tribal language of Kalabari?

Yoruba man go carry Topic way no concern am for head like Afro

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by Fejoku: 4:57am On Jul 03
Ofodirinwa:

Anyone who knows Kalabari's history very well know that they're descendants of mixed people with Igbo and Ijaw being the largest contributors. Efik, Ibibio and edoids around down Niger tributaries also added to the fold making the place a cocktail of different persons. Two things however standout which is the language and culture of the people. Igbo language is predominant there together with a dialect similar to Ijaw but the customs and traditions resemble that of coastal people around the area specifically more of the Ijaws. Areas traditionally regarded as Kalabari doesn't include Okrika and Bonny. These two see themselves different even up till date.
Rivers state is a state where the true identity of many indigenes isn't easy to establish due to politics and historical alterations.
Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by AcadaWriter: 5:14am On Jul 03
Nigerian bu Nigerian !
Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by Paraman: 5:31am On Jul 03
Revealpanda:

Cowards as usual... Fast to call the MODS like a cry baby 🍼 grin

Answer question u the foam for mouth 🤣
I wish I knew this was your second account... I won't have bothered replying a jobless thing like you

4 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by Paraman: 5:32am On Jul 03
Revealpanda:

Nonsense as usual.
Igbo is both a tribe and a nation.

You didn't answer any of my questions as usual.

I speak English but have my tribal language which is Igbo.

Going by your own logic what is the tribal language of Kalabari?

Yoruba man go carry Topic way no concern am for head like Afro
K

1 Like

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by Paraman: 5:34am On Jul 03
Fejoku:

Anyone who knows Kalabari's history very well know that they're descendants of mixed people with Igbo and Ijaw being the largest contributors. Efik, Ibibio and edoids around down Niger tributaries also added to the fold making the place a cocktail of different persons. Two things however standout which is the language and culture of the people. Igbo language is predominant there together with a dialect similar to Ijaw but the customs and traditions resemble that of coastal people around the area specifically more of the Ijaws. Areas traditionally regarded as Kalabari doesn't include Okrika and Bonny. These two see themselves different even up till date.
Rivers state is a state where the true identity of many indigenes isn't easy to establish due to politics and historical alterations.
You Igbos do know the history of everybody grin

4 Likes

Re: Kalabari Is 100% Igbo by NextAbuja: 5:35am On Jul 03
Mr Igbo, what is their native dialect in Scotland Wales n Ireland n why ain't they all called English ?
MrEverest:

Why do we have so many dense people in Nigeria Little wonder why we have a character like Tinubu as president while everywhere is in chaos.

Spit!
ResidentSnitch post=130768864:

That guy you posed these poignant questions to is as dense as a rock. Watch how he will stammer, summersault, convulse and even foam in the mouth or even ignore the questions.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Government Should Provide Food and Shelter First! / .... / Mend Attacks Shell's Bonga Offshore Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.