Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,428 members, 7,881,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:22 AM

Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate (676 Views)

Bill To Create Etiti State In South-east Scales First Reading / Heavy Security As Kano Emirates Council Law Scales First Reading / PIB Scales First Reading In Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by SageGB: 4:20pm On Jul 03
A BILL FOR AN ACT TO ALTER THE CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA 1999 TO PROVIDE FOR THE CREATION OF ADADA STATE AND FOR MATTERS CONNECTED THEREWITH.[b][/b]
Sponsor: Okey Ezea
ENACTED by the National Assembly of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as follows:

1. The Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999, (in this Bill referred to as “the Principal Act”) is altered as set out hereunder:

2. Section 3(1) of the Principal Act is altered by substituting the words “thirty six” in the first line with the words “thirty seven” and inserting the word “ ADADA” immediately after the word “ ABIA” to read as follows-

There shall be thirty seven States in Nigeria, that is to say, Abia, Adada , Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Anioma, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe and Zamafara.

3. The First Schedule, Part 1 is altered by inserting Adada State, Local Government Areas and Capital City in the appropriate columns of the First, Second and Third columns immediately after Abia State to read as follows:

State: Adada; Local Government Areas: Nsukka, Igboeze South, Igboeze North, Udenu, Igboetiti, Uzouwani, Isiuzo.
Capital City: Nsukka
4. This Bill shall be cited as the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999, alteration Bill, 2024.

EXPLANATORY MEMORANDUM
This bill seeks to amend Section 3(1) and the First Schedule, Part 1, States of the Federation, of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended), to provide for the creation of ADADA STATE to bring the number of south eastern state to six to be at per with other geographical zones.

2 Likes

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by Bookhub: 4:52pm On Jul 03
I believe all these bills is a plot to prevent anioma from joining southeast these southeastern politicians promoting these bill are very fullishhh.

4 Likes

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by Gajagojo: 4:57pm On Jul 03
Bookhub:
I believe all these bills is a plot to prevent anioma from joining southeast these southeastern politicians promoting these bill are very fullishhh.
Geopolitical zones do not exist legally or constitutionally in any Nigerian law or enactment

2 Likes

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by PressMyButton: 5:04pm On Jul 03
Bookhub:
A multi ethnic Anioma should be annexed to SE?, I don't think there's anyone who sounds more foolish than you do.

26 Likes

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by Bookhub: 5:08pm On Jul 03
PressMyButton:

A multi ethnic Anioma should be annexed to SE?, I don't think there's anyone who sounds more foolish than you do.

But you Yoruba dream lots wants illorin to be part of southwest your are the problem of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by cadmanspize: 5:09pm On Jul 03
Big pain to Awolowo descendants. They taught that their beloved orlu state would be the only one to scale first reading.

1 Like

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by PressMyButton: 5:26pm On Jul 03
Bookhub:

But you Yoruba dream lots wants illorin to be part of southwest your are the problem of Nigeria.
Where is such a bill by Yoruba people?. Anioma is multi ethnic, if you don't know the meaning, check the dictionary.

23 Likes

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by Statecreation: 5:29pm On Jul 03
Bookhub:
Anioma is indeed an Igbo speaking part of Delta State. Most Nigerians believe that any additional state to be created in the South South should be Anioma just like Southern Kaduna should be the next state to be created in the North West. Anioma unfortunately is not part of the South East. To balance the imbalance in the number of states across the six geopolitical zones of the federation, it is right that an additional state should be created from the present South East geopolitical zone. Check the 2014 National Conference report recommendations regarding the creation of additional states and you’ll be educated the more.

2 Likes

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by Statecreation: 5:37pm On Jul 03
One of the unique things about the ADADA State agitation is that beyond being the Oldest state creation agitation in the South East, it is the only state creation agitation in the South East in which all the consisting communities and LGAs are unanimously behind the struggle. It also enjoys the support of Enugu State Government. In 2006, Enugu State Government established a State Actualization Committee for the Creation of Adada State. Adada is unarguably a step ahead in this quest for a new state in the South East. I won’t be surprised if they eventually get their State.

4 Likes

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by SageGB: 5:47pm On Jul 03
Statecreation:

Anioma is indeed an Igbo speaking part of Delta State. Most Nigerians believe that any additional state to be created in the South South should be Anioma just like Southern Kaduna should be the next state to be created in the North West. Anioma unfortunately is not part of the South East. To balance the imbalance in the number of states across the six geopolitical zones of the federation, it is right that an additional state should be created from the present South East geopolitical zone. Check the 2014 National Conference report recommendations regarding the creation of additional states and you’ll be educated the more.
When informed people are writing, you will always learn one or two things. Am glad we still have Nigerians who can express unbiased views. Indeed, the creation of Southern Kaduna at the right time will held address their age long marginization in the present Kaduna State.
Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by SageGB: 5:52pm On Jul 03
Statecreation:
One of the unique things about the ADADA State agitation is that beyond being the Oldest state creation agitation in the South East, it is the only state creation agitation in the South East in which all the consisting communities and LGAs are unanimously behind the struggle. It also enjoys the support of Enugu State Government. In 2006, Enugu State Government established a State Actualization Committee for the Creation of Adada State. Adada is unarguably a step ahead in this quest for a new state in the South East. I won’t be surprised if they eventually get their State.

Thanks for saying the truth. Indeed. Adada State creation agitation is many steps ahead of other state creation agitations.
Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by MasterJayJay: 5:57pm On Jul 03
PressMyButton:

ANIOMA means what? The Igbo word ANIOMA is not a problem to you but it is SouthEast that is giving you migraine.
Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by PressMyButton: 7:52pm On Jul 03
MasterJayJay:

ANIOMA means what? The Igbo word ANIOMA is not a problem to you but it is SouthEast that is giving you migraine.
Anioma means nothing in delta. The "MA" is only added to make it sound as ANIO-MA. The true acronym is ANIO which is representing the various ethnic groups.

21 Likes

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by MasterJayJay: 8:11pm On Jul 03
PressMyButton:

Anioma means nothing in delta. The "MA" is only added to make it sound as ANIO-MA. The true acronym is ANIO which is representing the various ethnic groups.
Why did they add MA to it? You said they added it to make it sound as ANIOMA. Why must it sound ANIOMA? Why not ANIO?

Anioma means 'good land/prosperous land'. ANIO are acronym but MA was added to it to give it an Igbo meaning.

1 Like

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by PressMyButton: 8:15pm On Jul 03
MasterJayJay:

Why did they add MA to it? You said they added it to make it sound as ANIOMA. Why must it sound ANIOMA? Why not ANIO?

Anioma means 'good land/prosperous land'. ANIO are acronym but MA was added to it to give it an Igbo meaning.
Of course, you know who, just to give it that ibo sound. "MA" has no meaning among the ethnic groups in Delta North.

18 Likes

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by MasterJayJay: 8:21pm On Jul 03
PressMyButton:

Of course, you know who, just to give it that ibo sound. "MA" has no meaning among the ethnic groups in Delta North.
Dude, you have no single clue! MA has many meanings.

ANIOMA was chosen to make it an Igbo name. It is very obvious. You can choose to live in denial.

1 Like

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by PressMyButton: 8:28pm On Jul 03
MasterJayJay:

Dude, you have no single clue! MA has many meanings.

ANIOMA was chosen to make it an Igbo name. It is very obvious. You can choose to live in denial.
A(aniocha), N(ndokwa), I(ika), O(oshimili). Professor, pls tell us what "MA" represents?. Rather than studying your history, you're here arguing blindly.

19 Likes

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by MasterJayJay: 8:32pm On Jul 03
PressMyButton:

A(aniocha), N(ndokwa), I(ika), O(oshimili). Professor, pls tell us what "MA" represents?. Rather than studying your history, you're here arguing blindly.

You are the one who is not Igbo, doesn't understand Igbo language that is explaining what you do not know.

Why is it not ANIO? Why is it not OINA? Why is it not NIOA?
Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by hammer567: 8:39pm On Jul 03
https://leadership.ng/a-bill-for-adada-state-creation-passes-first-reading-in-senate/#google_vignette

THIS STATE IS PERFECT FOR SE AND SHOULD BRING IN IGBOS IN BENUE AND KOGI.

EXCELLENT!

1 Like

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by PressMyButton: 8:50pm On Jul 03
MasterJayJay:

You are the one who is not Igbo, doesn't understand Igbo language that is explaining what you do not know.

Why is it not ANIO? Why is it not OINA? Why is it not NIOA?
Seems you're an illiterate. You don't know the meaning of "acronym"?. To google how Anioma was formed in Delta state seems a difficult task for you, smh!.

18 Likes

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by WhizdomXX(m): 8:52pm On Jul 03
Statecreation:
What of the Northern Igbo communities like ezzi in Benue.
Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by hammer567: 9:04pm On Jul 03
WhizdomXX:

What of the Northern Igbo communities like ezzi in Benue.
OUR REPS, SENATORS AND GOVS AND STATE ASSEMBLY HAVE THEIR WORK CUT OUT.

THEY NEED TO EARN THEIR SALARY AND SHOW US THEIR WORK.

TIME TO BRING IGBOS IN BENUE AND KOGI BACK HOME.

THE WAR ENDED IN 1967.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by MasterJayJay: 9:04pm On Jul 03
PressMyButton:

Seems you're an illiterate. You don't know the meaning of "acronym"?. To google how Anioma was formed in Delta state seems a difficult task for you, smh!.
Seems you are dumb. What is MA doing in the acronym? The acronym was deliberately placed in an orderly way to form an Igbo word!
Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by WhizdomXX(m): 9:36pm On Jul 03
hammer567:

THE WAR ENDED IN 1967.
I totally agree, I'm asking if they're included in the adada state?
Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by hammer567: 9:43pm On Jul 03
WhizdomXX:

I totally agree, I'm asking if they're included in the adada state?

NO, NOT AS OF YET.

SECOND READING WITH AMENDMENTS CAN INCLUDE THEM.

WHAT I HATE IS WHEN EVERYWHERE GOES QUIET AT CRITICAL STAGE.

1 Like

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by PressMyButton: 10:20pm On Jul 03
MasterJayJay:

Seems you are dumb. What is MA doing in the acronym? The acronym was deliberately placed in an orderly way to form an Igbo word!
Go meet your father to educate you, i don't waste my time on dumbos.
Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by MasterJayJay: 10:26pm On Jul 03
PressMyButton:

Go meet your father to educate you, i don't waste my time on dumbos.
Go and meet your mother to educate you, cos I will expose dumb folks who pretend to be clever.
Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:20pm On Jul 03
Bookhub:

Anioma as a sixth state in the East is the newest and the most unpopular among the indigents - the Anioma
Etiti and Adada as a sixth SE state are far older .
Anioma agitation is old but as a state in the SE, it's fresh and just limited to one Anioma senator.

So, nothing yet is a distraction to prevent Anioma from joining the SE. Anioma people don't even want to join the SE.
Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by hammer567: 11:23pm On Jul 03
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Anioma as a sixth state in the East is the newest and the most unpopular among the indigents - the Anioma
Etiti and Adada as a sixth SE state are far older .
Anioma agitation is old but as a state in the SE, it's fresh and just limited to one Anioma senator.

So, nothing yet is a distraction to prevent Anioma from joining the SE. Anioma people don't even want to join the SE.

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE.

THIS YOUR REASONING IS WHY IGBO FAIL IN POLITICS.

ANIOMA IS CRITICAL AND ON ANIOMA WE STAND.
Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:23pm On Jul 03
Bookhub:

Because the Ilorin people want to join them , unlike Anioma people that overwhelmingly don't want to join the SE aside Ned.
Sometimes , behave like a major group for once, ihe nke a dizi Ka ayiyo
Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:29pm On Jul 03
hammer567:

THE WAR ENDED IN 1967.

Did the people you mentioned tell you they want to be in the SE?
Keep fighting irrelevant, unsolicited battles.
That clamour should come from the people in question, not you.
Must they be in the SE to be Igbo

1 Like

Re: Bill For The Creation Of Adada Stare Scales First Reading In The Senate by gistray: 11:33pm On Jul 03
PressMyButton:

Yoruba man carry Anioma matter for head like Afro.

Who do una this kind thing?

Nawaoo.... I've never seen such sets of humans in my life... Nobody from Anioma or Delta state is here creating threads, post and comments... Na Yoruba carry the matter for head because of their bitterness for SE

And all this bitterness could be because Sen. Nwoko revealed Anioma is blessed with Oil... If Anioma Nwoka proposed Anioma to join South West you'll be here shouting and supporting him with all your might.

Really disgusting sets of miscreants... No wonder you're known as cowards and 2 faced people Jesus

(1) (2) (Reply)

Falling Stocks And Babe Marketers / Ndigbo Decry Attempt To Blackmail Onovo / Beware, List Of Scam Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.