Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,087 members, 7,880,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:32 PM

Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji (2648 Views)

‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs / Ekiti: Oyebanji Hails Appeal Court Ruling, Dedicates Victory To God, / Ekiti: Oyebanji Signs ₦‎113.6 Billion 2023 Budget Into Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by AngelGabbyShara(m): 7:21pm On Jul 03
.....as youths endorsed governor for second term

The Governor of Ekiti State, Biodun Oyebanji, has promised to deploy the instrumentality of good governance to tame the recurrent cases of migration of youths abroad and to other states of the Federation considered as more economically viable.

Governor Oyebanji urged the youths to grow good mental perception about Nigeria, saying the economically dangerous brain drain codenamed 'Jappa syndrome' could endanger the country's growth, if not halted.

Oyebanji spoke on Wednesday, at an interactive session with youths christened: 'Youths Let's Talk With BAO', held at the Adetiloye Hall, Trade Fair Complex, Ado Ekiti.

The Governor spoke just as the youths, through the Youth Parliament, an assembly of elected youths representing the 16 local government areas of the state passed a vote of confidence on the Governor for what they described as his inspiring leadership adding that their future is secured under his care.

Addressing the youths numbering over 1,000 drawn from the 16 local government areas of the state, Oyebanji said no efforts will be spared to ensure that productive and economically viable youths find Ekiti attractive to live in and do their businesses.

"This is a democracy, we can't stop anybody from traveling to wherever he likes, but we have a duty to create enabling environment to stop Jappa syndrome. Jappa is not about traveling abroad alone, you can leave Ekiti and travel to Lagos or other states.

"We will work hard and make Ekiti a place where people can work and live. We will make it a place where investment can thrive, where security is guaranteed and where businesses can flourish. It is about providing jobs for a large population of our youths".

Commenting on the recent killings of some people in Ado Ekiti metropolis, the Governor urged the youths to shun cultism, drug abuse and senseless killings of innocent souls, warning that perceiving Nigeria as a failed State could be pernicious to their future.

As part of the measures to propel Ekiti to food security status, Oyebanji promised to solve the problem of transportation being experienced by youth farmers operating along Ipao-Oke Ako-Irele axis, saying it won't allow this to affect their proceeds adversely.

Urging the youths to foster the spirit of unity among their groups, Oyebanji promised that his government won't politicise any of its programmes, stressing that all the citizens will be accommodated regardless of political affiliations.

In their vote of confidence and endorsement of the governor for a second term in office, which was contained in a resolution by the Youth Parliament and read by the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Nathaniel Olusanya, saluted Oyebanji for promoting youth inclusion in governance through adequate appointments allotted to the youth population.

Olusanya said the youths, which comprise 70 percent of voters going by demography contained in the voters register, endorsed Governor Oyebanji to demonstrate their appreciation for his stunning administrative ingenuity and sterling leadership qualities, especially for prioritising the welfare of the youth population.

"The youths of Ekiti have known and convinced that our future is guaranteed under your leadership . Ekiti people love you and it is evident in the way they celebrate you always. We have discussed and arrived at a conclusion that you deserve a vote of confidence and we are endorsing you for second term, because you have really made us proud.

"Thanks for all you have done. We know our future is safe in your hands. You have demonstrated capacity. You have shown that you love Ekiti youths. Hundreds of youths are appointed as Special Assistants and Senior Special Assistants under your leadership. We are grateful to you".

Earlier in his submission, the Commissioner for Youth Development, Hon. Gold Adedayo, asserted that the interaction was not just a mere jamboree, but a veritable platform to build a strong and dependable future for the state, by enhancing the capacity of youth population.

"I am happy that Governor Oyebanji built a modern youth Centre comprising internet facilities to boost the potentials of our youths, besides appointing many youths as Special Advisers, Special Assistants and Senior Special Assistants.

"We are happy with the office of the First Lady, Dr Olayemi Oyebanji for promoting textile industry through the establishment of Adire Hub where many youths have been trained on how to own businesses of their own. I appeal to our youths to patronise these locally made products",
the Commissioner added.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/s5oWNgKpgWb1nFpA/?mibextid=oFDknk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by helinues: 7:23pm On Jul 03
We hope so sir

60 Likes

Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by Meti99(m): 6:48am
Na only Japa go abroad people dey see..
Several states are brain-drained already as lots of younger generation are moving en masse to Lagos, Abuja Port Harcourt

4 Likes

Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by kennyz247(m): 6:48am
This governor is doing great for his people ..
More grace sir..not like one empty head papa wey called himself president for one year plus now, nothing to show for..na to dey travel up and down hm sabi and d county is sinking day by day ..
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by RevenuesBoost(f): 6:48am
We pray and hope so
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by doggedfighter(f): 6:49am
The usual " I will "

Mtchewwwww undecided

1 Like

Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by derecho(m): 6:50am
Kikikiki...clown
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by philliplj3: 6:50am
Ask these fools where their own children are? Selfish and liars

1 Like

Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by foxxydude: 6:50am
cheesy
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by Vefobien: 6:51am
The Governor spoke just as the youths, through the Youth Parliament, an assembly of elected youths representing the 16 local government areas of the state passed a vote of confidence on the Governor for what they described as his inspiring leadership adding that their future is secured under his care.

Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by Xwizard: 6:51am
Is this a constructive campaign?? Imagine
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by Finegirl734(f): 6:53am
Hmmm
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by BABANGBALI: 6:54am
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Biko ndi married women, try dey satisfy Ur husband at home, Na Ur life you give to Christ no be Kpekus 🚶
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by XXXsearch: 6:56am
Anytime I see Tinimbum, I remember Darken Rahl, the famous character in Legend of the seeker who's mission on earth was to deceitfully suffocate mankind and bring hell to them on earth playing the devil's wish

Tinimbum represents evil and wickedness while pretending to be God's sent, this was exactly how Darken Rahl played it.

Deceiving only gullible followers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by SALLYBERRY01(m): 6:57am
Lol
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by Checkwell: 6:59am
He talks too much. Our politicians only know how to talk cho cho cho. No actions.
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by shakol91(m): 7:00am
I have observed that any post made by this OP is always dry because his boss, Oyebanji, is dull and incompetent. We are familiar with his tactics; he should keep embezzling money through the unnecessary construction of the second flyover.
The governor is a disaster waiting to happen and doesn't know how to manage limited resources.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by kelly72: 7:02am
After nearly 30 months into a 4 year tenure; I will, I will, I will
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by dermmy(m): 7:20am
shakol91:
I have observed that any post made by this OP is always dry because his boss, Oyebanji, is dull and incompetent. We are familiar with his tactics; he should keep embezzling money through the unnecessary construction of the second flyover.
The governor is a disaster waiting to happen and doesn't know how to manage limited resources.

Honestly that flyover is unnecessary in a state with little resources. That was how Fayemi wasted money to build new govt house on a hill, Fayose came too to constructed his own useless flyover now this one is constructing another. Projects that don't have multiplier effect. I weep for my state.

1 Like

Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by slimfit1(m): 7:24am
First of all secure the farms.
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by Truthsandtrusts: 7:39am
AngelGabbyShara:

Some Japa over 2years ago ,but can't send a dime to their poor family back home.....some people that did not Japa are here making good money,the major Japa people are the enemy s of Nigeria that lost the election and wishing Nigeria will not rise .... Nigeria will rise many people go shame
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by tuzle(m): 7:55am
This man is funny. He has used close to 4years and it is when it is almost close to next election he remembers japa. He should first try and stop ekiti people from japaing to other south western state. Aside ado, the rest of ekiti state is vastly under developed. Most part of ekiti are occupied by civil servants, farmers and small traders. Ekiti is not a state that someone who has big future plans will stay in. Even the students who school in their universities don't want to stay back because of how under developed the state is. I don't any big company would even want to invest in other part of ekiti except ado. Even in most local government area, u don't find banks, one would have to travel all the way to ado before u can get popular banks like gtb and the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by Menclothing1: 7:56am
Japa within Nigeria plenty ask Kogi Ekiti Abia
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by travelzcruix: 8:21am
Meti99:
Na only Japa go abroad people dey see..
Several states are brain-drained already as lots of younger generation are moving en masse to Lagos, Abuja Port Harcourt
No share format bro, be stingy with this.lol
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by StopTheBan: 8:23am
"i will this" "i will that"....

Be like dem use "i will" swear for this people
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by Olatrent: 8:25am
kennyz247:
This governor is doing great for his people ..
More grace sir..not like one empty head papa wey called himself president for one year plus now, nothing to show for..na to dey travel up and down hm sabi and d county is sinking day by day ..

Lolz 😂 person wey say he cannot pay even 60k minimum wage 🤔
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by DeadPresidents: 8:29am
XXXsearch:
Anytime I see Tinimbum, I remember Darken Rahl, the famous character in Legend of the seeker who's mission on earth was to deceitfully suffocate mankind and bring hell to them on earth playing the devil's wish

Tinimbum represents evil and wickedness while pretending to be God's sent, this was exactly how Darken Rahl played it.

Deceiving only gullible followers

Buhari was the first instalment where we thought "Darken Rahl is dead and everything will be alright".

The second instalment had the rift opening introducing unimaginable horrors. I legit felt the people were better off under Darken Rahl‘s tyranny.

Tinubu is not Darken Rahl…na him be the Keeper gan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by NaomiMildred: 9:02am
Ever wondered why some candidates seem to land job interviews left and right while others are left in the shadows? The secret often lies in how they present themselves on paper and on their professional profile.

A CV is more than a list of jobs. It's:

🌟 Your story.

🌟 Your impact.

🌟 Your unique contribution to the growth of your past companies.

Let our team of career coaches help make your CV tell your story in the most compelling way.

👉 Unleash your CV's Potential. Chat us NOW!

Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by theysg: 9:27am
A man cannot dispose what he does not have within his capacity.
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by Calitoscassius(m): 9:36am
Truthsandtrusts:

Some Japa over 2years ago ,but can't send a dime to their poor family back home.....some people that did not Japa are here making good money,the major Japa people are the enemy s of Nigeria that lost the election and wishing Nigeria will not rise .... Nigeria will rise many people go shame
Yea right, hopeless man thinking. grin

What about the ones who Japa over 2 years and sending money to their poor families? How many years does it take a young person to do well in Naigeria as you claimed? Why do you think it should take just 2 years to start sending money from abroad? If it takes 20 years to do well in Naigeria.

Naigeria will never never never ever ever ever rise to no where. Naigeria didn't rise for over 50 years it will never rise in 200 years to come. As long as corruption exists in Naigeria.
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by anonimi: 10:18am
AngelGabbyShara:

Good governance na for mouth?
How much did Fayemi do in his eight years as progressive compared to Pa Ajasin in employing workers for free primary education, basic healthcare, water, rural roads etc

Babasessy:

The Awolowo rebirth in the Southwest has inspired gongs, songs and rhetoric of sorts. But they have missed one point.

It occurred to me in Abeokuta last week amidst the big crowds and euphoria of the swearing-in of Senator Ibikunle Amosun as governor. In all the states from Lagos to Edo, where Awo has witnessed ideological resurgence, hardly a single family member has played a role.

So we have an Awo family without an Awo. That is an irony. But history overwhelms us with this sort of twist. Obafemi Awolowo toiled for his reputation. His roots were lowly, he toiled to school both home and abroad, launched into careers in law, business, journalism and eventually politics. He carved a niche for himself, and became the first methodical and charismatic leftist in our history.  Other leftists abounded but they did not inspire comparable drama and following.

He faced tribulations, went to jail, failed in elections, won a few, but he imprinted his ideas and legacy in the country, and no single mortal has beaten him in the history of this country. His greatest achievement was in the area of ideas, and that was how he fashioned a family. Most families are born of biology but his issued from ideology. That family suffered with him.

In a spoof of Jesus Christ, these were the men who followed him in his teachings, and endured with him in his temptations. So he formed a kingdom for them in the Southwest, in the old Western Region, presiding over his projects, his legacies and people.

In all of these, the family he had was not his flesh and blood. In another spoof of Christ, who were his family anyway? Those who were with him must be counted as his family. So, I combed in the ambience of Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), and I found none. I went to Ogun, I frisked the crowd under Amosun’s bower, hardly any. Around Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola in Osun, I could not lay a finger. With Governor Kayode Fayemi in Ekiti, where are the forbears of Awo? Yet, I can hear the chants of Awo. Hardly in any of the inaugural speeches or any of their other public intervention would you miss the philtre and filter of Awo from these gentlemen. To parody Novelist Joseph Conrad, they are the sparks from Awo’s sacred fire, the messengers of the might within the man.

Already all of them are pursuing the legacy ideas of Awo: free education, free health services, infrastructural development, urban renewal and economic engineering.

Lagos has posted itself as the John the Baptist. The others are putting up valiant efforts, and the world of course is watching to see how well they will perform. It will call for great work, resourcefulness and cooperation. They are the real Awoists, and Awo was a man of rigour and vigour.

The Awo son that many expected to take after the father was Olusegun, who unfortunately died in a car crash. We shall never know if he could have pulled it off.  But the others have not shown much of the paterfamilias’ brio and depth. In the past decade, under this republic, they have blended with the wrong crowd. Even H.I.D, hobnobbed with Alao-Akala, who brought illiteracy to governance; with Oyinlola who turned the grace of office into a hell-hole of despots; with Daniel who could not arrest his quick fall into megalomania.

I wrote once that this woman whom Awo once described as the jewel of inestimable value has lost value to his cause. If he came back to life, he would have committed the extraordinary act of divorce after death. Even his newspaper, The Tribune, has so stumbled and fallen that it swims in Awo’s vomit.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/monday/sam-omatseye/index.1.html
Re: Japa: I'll Use Good Governance To Curb Brain Drain In Ekiti - Oyebanji by Pedrokush: 5:27pm
This useless man should stop the harassment and extortion that innocent young boys are facing from the hands of police,RRS,civil defense,CTU first before trying to stop youths from traveling out of the state

(1) (Reply)

Some 'Experts' Are Advocating A Two-party System / Your Top 10 Nigerian Leaders That Must Be Sacrificed For Naija To Move Forward / 2011 Election Result To Be Released Instantly

Viewing this topic: mcmbonu, pufframmy and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.