Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,870 members, 7,879,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:33 AM

Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager (10374 Views)

NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach / Newcastle United Appoint Eddie Howe As New Coach / See What Finidi George Looks Like Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by politicoNG: 7:45pm On Jul 03
FINIDI GEORGE APPOINTED NEW TECHNICAL MANAGER OF RIVERS UNITED FC

Rivers United Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Finidi George as our new Technical Manager.

Finidi brings a wealth of experience and expertise to our team, having had a distinguished playing career spanning over fifteen years. His impressive credentials include winning the Africa Cup of Nations with the Super Eagles in 1994, the UEFA Champions League with Ajax in 1995, and the Nigeria Premier Football League with Enyimba International FC in 2023.

As a coach, Finidi has demonstrated his ability to lead teams to success, and we are confident that he will bring his expertise and passion to our club. We are excited to have him on board and look forward to a successful tenure under his leadership.

Dr. Okey Kpalukwu, General Manager of Rivers United FC, welcomed Finidi George, stating: "We are delighted to have Finidi George join our team. His appointment marks a new chapter in our club's history, and we are committed to working together to achieve success."

Finidi George expressed his gratitude to the club, saying: "I am honored to have this opportunity, and I thank the Sports Commissioner, the General Manager, and the supporters for their confidence in me. I am committed to working hard and making the team win."

Please join us in welcoming Finidi George to Rivers United FC. We look forward to a successful season ahead.

Official Unveiling: Thursday, July 4, 2pm at Sharks Stadium

Charles Mayuku
Media Officer
Rivers United FC
3rd July, 2024

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by Remman(m): 9:04pm On Jul 03
Congrats, sir...!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by NwaNimo1(m): 10:12pm On Jul 03

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by Realgen(f): 10:12pm On Jul 03
Please dear Daddy and Mommy, forgive me for bringing this here. am doing this because av run out of options and I don't have any other choice. My name is kelly, I gave birth to my boy Ayomide 2 years ago and since then it has been a rollercoaster of one event to another. My fiance abandoned us and I move in back with my parents taking care of my son all alone without any assistance even though he was always falling very sick all the time. I notice that he always feels discomfort when his trying to breath so I looked for money to take my son to the hospital. He was diagnosed with congenital heart defect, a hole in his heart, as the cause of his breathing problems. I've cried my eyes out but if only crying can solve problem. I can't stand to see my child in pain.

I've gone almost everywhere I can possibly go but no hope except for hospital. Doctors say that he will need to undergo surgery at UCH for N4.5million and my family with the help of some very kind hearted people have been able to raise part of N3 million. We have sold off almost everything valuable to us but it's not yet enough, that why I am appealing to well meaning Nigerians, if you're touched to save my son's life, please find it in your kind heart to extend a hand of help to him. Nothing is too small in the sight of God. Am calling kind hearted people, please help save my boys life. Please am also calling upon any NGO that can accept my sons condition please. May God almighty bless you immensely and wipe away sorrow from your eye. Amen.

Video Prove;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPaVF7PBkn4?si=nu1o3OMJZvqvTNJ0

Access Bank
Kelly Monday

7 Likes

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by Lifeangel(m): 10:12pm On Jul 03
Well deserved

6 Likes

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by Ceenachi: 10:12pm On Jul 03
That's where he is fit not national team that needs to compete with international players outside

He should go n learn work properly,he is a big player in his playing day but politics put him in that position as the coach of the super eagles n it was obvious the job was bigger than him

I wish him best of luck

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by Quelme: 10:13pm On Jul 03
We shall all see how Osimhen will end.

At least Finito has he is fondly called,retired a legend.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by femi4: 10:13pm On Jul 03
politicoNG:
Back to square 1
Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by Skillsnigeria: 10:13pm On Jul 03
Okay
Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by kiddkash(m): 10:13pm On Jul 03
I hope it works out
Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by christejames(m): 10:13pm On Jul 03
Congratulations Finidi...

.. This present NFF seems CORNfused 🌽 shocked

5 Likes

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by vanitybutiwanti: 10:13pm On Jul 03
All States in Nigeria should have a football team to Foster growth in that sector, they have the capacity to build befitting stadiums and pay competitive salaries by Nigerian standards, I remember when wike gave each player and staff of Rivers united $20k each for winning the league.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by Tywo2018: 10:14pm On Jul 03
Peace mind very important

2 Likes

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by Afamsi: 10:14pm On Jul 03
A good place to test the mic

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by Benmsu: 10:14pm On Jul 03
Na this one fit you.No come give us heart attack .
Congratulations

4 Likes

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by Myhusband(m): 10:14pm On Jul 03
From national coach to local club technical Manager

When God, nature and destiny is about to elevate you to a position, if you don't do everything within your capacity and strategies to prove why you deserved that position, you might lose it and nothing will save you

God will do his own part, when you do your own part, when you leave your own part, you're only fooling around

Finidi George have a lot of opportunities to scout for local players who are hungry for international recognition that would have replace injured Osihmen or whatever but he tend to build on another coach team players. Benin republic that are always shivering playing super eagles beat us like baby

3 Likes

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by Image123(m): 10:15pm On Jul 03
This is where this man should have tried his gambles instead of on the national team.

33 Likes

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by kayjoasy: 10:15pm On Jul 03
Grow up from there...Super eagle spot is too big for you
Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by Melagros(m): 10:15pm On Jul 03
COMRADES are astonished over this appointment

Despite failing woefully as a coach with the super eagles?
Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by WhizdomXX(m): 10:15pm On Jul 03
Fubara, is that you?

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by gistray: 10:16pm On Jul 03
Sew downgrade mehn
Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by axglide(m): 10:16pm On Jul 03
Very good. The best 7 we once had as a nation

1 Like

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by 1gbdata: 10:16pm On Jul 03
Ok
Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by gistray: 10:17pm On Jul 03
Quelme:

Nobi Osimhen sack am na.
What's this nonsense... Osimhen don already win African Best

7 Likes

Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by SpaceX: 10:17pm On Jul 03
Someone needs a job
Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by stagger: 10:17pm On Jul 03
Back to where it started, all those years ago from the field at D-Line which also produced Joseph Yobo.
Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by Finegirl734(f): 10:18pm On Jul 03
Congratulations
Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by God1000(m): 10:18pm On Jul 03
Congratulations to him
Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by jericco1(m): 10:18pm On Jul 03
Congratulations to him
Re: Rivers United Appoint Finidi George As Technical Manager by frankblinkz(m): 10:18pm On Jul 03
Quelme:

rubbish talk.

You dey compare African best.
Player that gave his team trophy after 30+
A player that biggest clubs in the world are bidding for.
Or the Amount this guy earn
Omo,money wise them no be mate sef.

Omo once you have played for big club and national team,once you retire Omo you be LEGEND.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshoala, Oparanozie, Ordega Arrive Super Falcons Camp As CAF Profiles Nigeria / Neymar Rape Case Dropped Over Lack Of Evidence / How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games

Viewing this topic: steve11215(m), prosper19, allison3154, Badluckynigga(m), kwaso2, ebuka10box(m), Lifestone(m), clash24, frangaddy, baloficas(m), ELKHALIFAISIS(m), LegacyB, Lapyte and 36 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 3
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.