Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,741 members, 7,965,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 09:05 PM

How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks (5139 Views)

Hisbah Police Commands Barber To Shave A Manโ€™s Hair In Kano State (Pix, Video) / Yemi Osinbajo Cutting His Hair In A Public Barber's Shop (pics) / Osinbajo Narrative On Selecting Buhari To Guarantee A Yoruba Presidency In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by Igbofirstson: 7:47pm On Jul 03
Somewhere in yoruba land in 1925

46 Likes

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by huptin(m): 7:52pm On Jul 03
Hausas still do this till now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by kettykin: 8:08pm On Jul 03
Lol, this should be in the hall of fame or hall of shame ,I can imagine the trauma that little bot went through

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:12pm On Jul 03

39 Likes

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by Treasure17(m): 8:19pm On Jul 03
Still happening

2 Likes

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by Bhella5(m): 8:23pm On Jul 03
Say hi if you can relate grin

6 Likes

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by Treasure17(m): 8:24pm On Jul 03
kettykin:
Lol, this should be in the hall of fame or hall of shame ,I can imagine the trauma that little bot went through
Nothing shameful here. Our preferences differs cause some prefer barber's shop with electric clippers while others fancy the use of blade. It's not new.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by Treasure17(m): 8:25pm On Jul 03
Bhella5:
Say hi if you can relate grin
Hi

2 Likes

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by Seefinish: 8:25pm On Jul 03
kettykin:
maybe you are indomie generation. There was nothing trauma, some of us went through it

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by helinues: 8:31pm On Jul 03
Unfortunately, some people were busy humping nakedly from one tree to another as at that time

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by WhizdomXX(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03
Kai, Sincerely speaking, only God knows the kind of pain the young lad must have gone through.

1 Like

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:10pm On Jul 03
helinues:
Unfortunately, some people were busy humping nakedly from one tree to another as at that time

You mean, those people wey hair dey full their women chest and chin? grin grin grin

But how dem dey take shave in 1925? Abi dem no dey shave?! Am sure they do because it's their cultural heritage to shave the hair off the head of their women when their husbands die.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by SeeWahala: 9:17pm On Jul 03
Sophisticated barbers cool

From cutting hair to cutting heads wink

Look at the structure behind that man. Do you know that the roof is still standing on a house somewhere in the southwest even up till this moment shocked

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by RealityKings: 9:39pm On Jul 03
helinues:

Hahahahahh

1 Like

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by Ballzproblemm: 9:46pm On Jul 03
when they had decency now they'll mine your skull if you losegaurd

3 Likes

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by sultanofpigs: 9:49pm On Jul 03
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

SeeWahala:

Look at tye structurebehind that man, do you know that roof is still standing on a house somewhere in the south west even up till this moment shocked

4 Likes

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by owem19(m): 10:17pm On Jul 03
Hellnus you seriously need this cool

1 Like

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by Slytiger: 10:24pm On Jul 03
Ballzproblemm:
when they had decency now they'll mine your skull if you losegaurd
Like Otokoto and the Ngwa people. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by grandstar(m): 11:56pm On Jul 03
I had to save this picture.

This is a treasure strove.

3 Likes

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by Goodvibes007: 12:01am On Jul 04
100 years after, the northerners and many parts of Nigeria still cut hair just like this pictures shows.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by ravensckar(m): 12:43am On Jul 04
It's like all the moderastors are in COMA.

Too much tribalism in one thread and it's still standing. cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by Freestainworld(m): 3:07am On Jul 04
grin grin let me just enjoy the laff

1 Like

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by Phiniter(m): 3:13am On Jul 04
till date

1 Like

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by AcadaWriter: 3:17am On Jul 04

1 Like

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by MrEverest(m): 3:20am On Jul 04
kettykin:

The pain is nothing compared to the scarifying of their children faces in the name of tribal marks.

Unfortunately, they still give their babies permanent scars in the name of tribal marks๐Ÿ’”

Why are they so primitive and full of savagery ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

3 Likes

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by oz4real83(m): 5:48am On Jul 04
huptin:
those people are the ones pulling Nigeria backward, everybody and everything have progressed but they refused and continue living in prehistoric times sad
Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by Bookhub: 6:10am On Jul 04
SeeWahala:

Look at the structure behind that man. Do you know that the roof is still standing on a house somewhere in the southwest even up till this moment shocked

You know go make heaven grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by graceypetee: 6:25am On Jul 04
kettykin:
you're still a baby

3 Likes

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by Nicepoker(m): 6:29am On Jul 04
helinues:
Go get useful boy. One day whoever is feeding you will get tried

1 Like

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by Slytiger: 6:31am On Jul 04
oz4real83:
those people are the ones pulling Nigeria backward, everybody and everything have progressed but they refused and continue living in prehistoric times sad
I will rather cut my hair that way than to engage in the another prehistoric practices below. This book was written in the early 1921 and 100 years after, not much has changed. ๐Ÿ‘‡

3 Likes

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by oz4real83(m): 6:38am On Jul 04
Slytiger:

I will rather cut my hair that way than to engage in the another prehistoric practices below. This book was written in the early 1921 and 100 years after, not much has changed. ๐Ÿ‘‡
you are comparing hunger with backwardness, your comment showed a high sense of hunger among the people you mentioned, an hungry man can do anything and eat anything shocked

2 Likes

Re: How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks by siofra(f): 8:48am On Jul 04
helinues:

This is disgusting. I'm not even Igbo but your tribalism towards the Igbos is not funny. You and the clowns liking your post are very dumb. Please go and learn history and stop making dumb jokes like this.

Those moderators will not see this one o!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pdp Disqualifies Aspirants With Less Than N500m ! / Allison Madueke And Chris Aire In Corruption Scandal(oil Subsidy) / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.