Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,854 members, 7,949,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 03:58 PM

Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria (340 Views)

Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B / Softbank Invests $400m In Opay At $2bn Valuation / Mr Price Plans To Exit Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria by hammer567: 8:03pm On Jul 03
BlackRock, one of the world’s top asset managers, is set to liquidate its iShares exchange-traded funds (ETFs) worth $400 million due to unprofitable business environments in Nigeria.

“The Board of Directors of iShares, Inc. voted to close and liquidate the Fund. Currency conversions, including conversion of Nigeria’s currency, the Naira, will impact the timing of the Fund’s liquidation,” a statement issued by iShares Inc. said.

Read also: Nigerian Breweries, NEM, UACN, others cause market’s N114bn gain

iShares Inc., which has invested in emerging market equities in Nigeria over the years, fixed its last trading day for March 31, 2025, when the extended liquidation is expected to last.

“After market close no earlier than August 12, 2024, but on a date as soon as practicable, the Fund will cease trading and the creation and redemption of Creation Units. Currently, the Fund expects the last trading date to be on or around March 31, 2025, and the liquidation date to be three days after the last trading date,” it said.

During the period, iShares will sell its assets in all markets and hold the proceeds in cash and cash equivalents.

“During the extended liquidation period, the Fund will not be managed in accordance with its investment objective and policies, as the Fund will sell down its assets, as determined by BlackRock Fund Advisors, where possible and hold the proceeds of such sales in cash and cash equivalents,” the statement said.

The exit follows a trail of a continuous exit of foreign investors from Nigeria, blamed on a tough macroeconomic environment and the naira’s devaluation.

“Currency conversions, including conversion of Nigeria’s currency, the naira, will impact the timing of the fund’s liquidation,” the statement said.

The fund has been providing exposure to equities in select African stock exchange markets, such as Nigeria.

https://businessday.ng/markets/article/blackrocks-ishares-etf-worth-400m-to-exit-nigeria-kenya/

Re: Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria by magabounce(m): 8:24pm On Jul 03
In Financial terms, I wonder the gravity of doom this spells
Re: Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria by foreverme1225: 8:41pm On Jul 03
T
Re: Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria by WhizdomXX(m): 8:45pm On Jul 03
hammer567:
BlackRock, one of the world’s top asset managers, is set to liquidate its iShares exchange-traded funds (ETFs) worth $400 million due to unprofitable business environments in Nigeria.

“The Board of Directors of iShares, Inc. voted to close and liquidate the Fund. Currency conversions, including conversion of Nigeria’s currency, the Naira, will impact the timing of the Fund’s liquidation,” a statement issued by iShares Inc. said.

Read also: Nigerian Breweries, NEM, UACN, others cause market’s N114bn gain

iShares Inc., which has invested in emerging market equities in Nigeria over the years, fixed its last trading day for March 31, 2025, when the extended liquidation is expected to last.

“After market close no earlier than August 12, 2024, but on a date as soon as practicable, the Fund will cease trading and the creation and redemption of Creation Units. Currently, the Fund expects the last trading date to be on or around March 31, 2025, and the liquidation date to be three days after the last trading date,” it said.

During the period, iShares will sell its assets in all markets and hold the proceeds in cash and cash equivalents.

“During the extended liquidation period, the Fund will not be managed in accordance with its investment objective and policies, as the Fund will sell down its assets, as determined by BlackRock Fund Advisors, where possible and hold the proceeds of such sales in cash and cash equivalents,” the statement said.

The exit follows a trail of a continuous exit of foreign investors from Nigeria, blamed on a tough macroeconomic environment and the naira’s devaluation.

“Currency conversions, including conversion of Nigeria’s currency, the naira, will impact the timing of the fund’s liquidation,” the statement said.

The fund has been providing exposure to equities in select African stock exchange markets, such as Nigeria.

https://businessday.ng/markets/article/blackrocks-ishares-etf-worth-400m-to-exit-nigeria-kenya/
Helinues, your attention is needed here.
Re: Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria by helinues: 8:45pm On Jul 03
Blackrocks, the war monger company?

Ogun kill them

19 Likes

Re: Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria by helinues: 8:46pm On Jul 03
WhizdomXX:

Helinues, your attention is needed here.

I dey here already.

To hell with blackrocks who are Causing the wars globally

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria by WhizdomXX(m): 9:00pm On Jul 03
helinues:

I dey here already.

To hell with blackrocks who are Causing the wars globally
grin my guy, their ESG platform has caused many banks fold up in the US but regardless, they are a great investment company with a knack for profits. Their exit gives a mixed signal to foreign investors.
Re: Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria by helinues: 9:02pm On Jul 03
WhizdomXX:

grin my guy, their ESG platform has caused many banks fold up in the US but regardless, they are a great investment company with a knack for profits. Their exit gives a mixed signal to foreign investors.

So as men lay their beds, so as they would sleep on it.

Na so their case. E

18 Likes

Re: Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria by helinues: 9:06pm On Jul 03
AyodeleBamidele:
Na so. If you lay your bed well and get a job, you'll enjoy life.

But you never even laid any beds.

No be why you chose to make a trolling a profession.

Tell NL'S how many dedicated monikers of yours that have been banned this week alone.

Embrace some shame small boy troller

18 Likes

Re: Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria by helinues: 9:10pm On Jul 03
AyodeleBamidele:
I'm not a troll. This is the only moniker I have on nairaland. I just want to help your life ok.

For how long would continue to be sounding stupid on this forum?

Do you want me to provide proofs of your banned monikers which repeated this exact same line?

Are you cursed with this years of trolling??

18 Likes

Re: Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria by allen113: 9:10pm On Jul 03
The question is has there presence in Nigeria benefited the common man? If they decide to leave how will it affect the common man?

Someone should please answer the above questions.
Re: Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria by helinues: 9:54pm On Jul 03
AyodeleBamidele:
All I know is that I'm not a troll. I'm just like an angel sent to help your life.

But you created this moniker purposely to troll me.

Dot you have an atom of shame? Ha r you gone through your own comments history before saying this rubbish?

Have some shame kiddo

16 Likes

Re: Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria by helinues: 9:57pm On Jul 03
AyodeleBamidele:
Mods, calling me a kiddo isn't permitted here. Rule 2.

Stop sounding dumb and stupid at the same time

What did you expect when you provoke others deliberately?
Are you expecting chocolates?

Oh lawd, save me from incoherent people

16 Likes

Re: Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria by helinues: 10:01pm On Jul 03
AyodeleBamidele:
I didn't provoke you. In fact I'm trying to help your life.

Have you helped your gory life from years of trolling.

Why do you like to be sounding dumb on this forum?

Why why why!!!

16 Likes

Re: Blackrock’s Ishares ETF Worth $400m Exit Nigeria by hammer567: 10:45pm On Jul 03
how many companies go leave this country before it finally collapse

(1) (Reply)

Buying Goods From Jumia. / Conference Translator/interpreter / Fumigation General Cleaning And Painting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.