Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,447 members, 7,917,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 02:17 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (1397 Views)

Deji Adeyanju: Speak To Buhari In Language He Understands During Imo Visit / Osinbajo: Buhari Understands Your Pains, He’s Considering Palliatives For You / Nigeria Needs A President Who Understands Economy – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by gistray: 9:18pm On Jul 03

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mrvitalis(m): 10:17pm On Jul 03
gistray:
I be hardcore Igbo and Obi supporter but I believe in giving credit where credit is due.

I'm not talking about those Agbadorian tribalist littered everywhere on Nairaland but main focus is in Nigerian politics.

South West have just about enough prominent Muslims to sway votes from the North who're predominantly Muslims.

South West have just about enough prominent Christians to way votes from the South who're predominantly Christians

South West politicians know how to work from under until it is their turn... Just like Tinubu worked for Buhari.

Tinubu understands Nigeria politics like or hate him... I personally hate the fact he's old man well passed his prime with nothing tangible to offer Nigerians... but I can't seem to hate how confident and charismatic he is.. He can easily convince people to be on his side just like what he's about to do in South East.

If Tinubu government Release Kanu and if Tinubu government gives South East a new state then Tinubu will win over some people and possibly states in South East because come 2027 he'll be needing all the votes he can get because the North already have an agenda.

Tinubu is already creating a coastal project in South South which will help give him some South South votes.

My man Obi bleeped up in a way... He was in 2much hurry.

If Obi stayed with Atiku in PDP and ran as VP then they would have probably won the last election.... After Atiku finished his term... He Obi would have been the main Flag bearer for PDP and would have gotten pretty much a swift victory.

Being realistic as a core Obidient.... If Obi becomes president of Nigeria as a Candidate from LP then it will be one of the Wonders of the world.

Nigeria is too corrupt to ever dream of winning an election fairly without some bad and powerful men especially from the North on your side.

Firstly Atiku never planned to give Obi or South East Vice... Anyone who says otherwise is ignorant

PDP felt no matter what they would win South East so there was no need

Atiku felt having obi as Vice cost him votes up North in 2019

This things just happened less than 2 years ago and we are changing the narrative?

Everyone wants obi to vice now because he has shown his might if not no body would have send him we all know it

Exactly SW style of politics is fantastic that's why in 2027 they won't feel bad if SE work with North to remove Tinubu.. Abi?

10 Likes

Re: . by SpatialKing(m): 10:20pm On Jul 03
But dey don't know how to govern...

Who will ever believe that things will be this bad under a Yoruba controlled government

21 Likes

Re: . by SeeWahala: 10:29pm On Jul 03
SpatialKing:

Who will ever believe that things will be this bad under a Yoruba controlled government

Politics = A1 cool

Actual Governance = F9 cry

Na statistics we go shop?

21 Likes

Re: . by Chivisee: 10:33pm On Jul 03
See, in the scheme of things, southeast is inconsequential! They are political liability to any party they have affiliation with! That’s one important fact I have realized in Nigeria.

28 Likes

Re: . by Ttalk: 10:42pm On Jul 03
gistray:
I be hardcore Igbo and Obi supporter but I believe in giving credit where credit is due.

I'm not talking about those Agbadorian tribalist littered everywhere on Nairaland but main focus is in Nigerian politics.

South West have just about enough prominent Muslims to sway votes from the North who're predominantly Muslims.

South West have just about enough prominent Christians to way votes from the South who're predominantly Christians

South West politicians know how to work from under until it is their turn... Just like Tinubu worked for Buhari.

Tinubu understands Nigeria politics like or hate him... I personally hate the fact he's old man well passed his prime with nothing tangible to offer Nigerians... but I can't seem to hate how confident and charismatic he is.. He can easily convince people to be on his side just like what he's about to do in South East.

If Tinubu government Release Kanu and if Tinubu government gives South East a new state then Tinubu will win over some people and possibly states in South East because come 2027 he'll be needing all the votes he can get because the North already have an agenda.

Tinubu is already creating a coastal project in South South which will help give him some South South votes.

If Obi stayed with Atiku in PDP and ran as VP then they would have probably won the last election.... After Atiku finished his term... He Obi would have been the main Flag bearer for PDP and would have gotten pretty much a swift victory.

Being realistic as a core Obidient.... If Obi becomes president of Nigeria as a Candidate from LP then it will be one of the Wonders of the world.

Nigeria is too corrupt to ever dream of winning an election fairly without some bad and powerful men, especially from the North on your side.

You aren't seeing anything yet. Wait until Tinubu releases MNK from prison at the ever of the election diverts SE's mind back to the Biafra struggle and reduces their appetite for 2027 politics.

If MNK on his release sign for regionalism and resource control, ten commanders from SW and SS will rise and support him and therefore send a warning signer to the NW that are planning to cut the South turn of the presidency

28 Likes

Re: . by SpatialKing(m): 10:44pm On Jul 03
SeeWahala:

Politics = A1 cool

You captured it perfectly...

Like Ogun state with all the IGR

No amenities
No Power Generating plant
No good roads
No health care

13 Likes

Re: . by gistray: 11:18pm On Jul 03
mrvitalis:

Firstly Atiku never planned to give Obi or South East Vice... Anyone who says otherwise is ignorant

This things just happened less than 2 years ago and we are changing the narrative?

Everyone wants obi to vice now because he has shown his might if not no body would have send him we all know it

Exactly SW style of politics is fantastic that's why in 2027 they won't feel bad if SE work with North to remove Tinubu.. Abi?

Lol... Obi wanted to run as flag bearer for PDP that was why he left the party bro.

The initial agreement with Atiku was that he Obi will run as vice first when Atiku complete Ms his term then Obi now run as the flag bearer.

Presidency is not in Atikus future as long as Obi is not there.... I wonder how he keeps coming up as flag bearer for PDP

1 Like

Re: . by gistray: 11:20pm On Jul 03
Ttalk:

You aren't seeing anything yet. Wait until Tinubu releases MNK from prison at the ever of the election diverts SE's mind back to the Biafra struggle and reduces their appetite for 2027 politics.

If MNK on his release sign for regionalism and resource control, ten commanders from SW and SS will rise and support him and therefore send a warning signer to the NW that are planning to cut the South turn of the presidency

My brother if they release Kanu now the conditions will be mad.

He'll literally be in House arrest.

I'm not even sure he'll be allowed to go-to South East or his house because IPOB won't mind trying to totally free him and help him escape

1 Like

Re: . by ObiPandora: 11:39pm On Jul 03
Your SE is a nonentity to the superior Yoruba that was why the like of Tinubu MKO won their election without your support. They both discovered what nonentity you are after you colluded with the north against Awolowo n same MKO.

Yorubas no send your papa on both occasion unlike you that is now wailing because Tinubu relegated your nonentity tribe to the trash bin of history, so bro I am telling you to hell with you n your entire tribe if you do not work against Tinubu in 2027.

mrvitalis:

8 Likes

Re: . by gistray: 11:44pm On Jul 03
ObiPandora:
Your SE is a nonentity to the superior Yoruba that was why the like of Tinubu MKO won their election without your support. They both discovered what nonentity you are after you colluded with the north against Awolowo n same MKO.

Yorubas no send your papa on both occasion unlike you that is now wailing because Tinubu relegated your nonentity tribe to the trash bin of history, so bro I am telling you to hell with you n your entire tribe if you do not work against Tinubu in 2027.

All this mumu idiotiic miscreants... This thread is not for you.

South East na nonentity but your politicians come there to campaign every election.

Igbos voted enmass for Abiola...

Igbos gave Abiola 47% of their vote

In 1999. Igbos gave obasanjo 85% of their votes.

Who's now the bitter and tribalistic tribe?

Tribalism don rust your brain hegoat

6 Likes

Re: . by paramakina202: 12:07am On Jul 04
gistray:

Nigeria is too corrupt to ever dream of winning an election fairly without some bad and powerful men especially from the North on your side.

Did Atiku offer VP ticket to Obi?
PDD governors insisted one of them must run as his VP.Anyway timing as you said is very important.
Come 2027 Peter Obi's chance of winning depends on how terrible Tinubu admin performs if not it is another wrong timing for a southern candidate to face an incumbent president from the south.
Re: . by DMerciful(m): 1:18am On Jul 04
One thing about us Obidients is our enlightened mind. Tell me what the average Southwesterner or average Northerner has benefitted from the politics that you claimed they know how to do.

Lets start with the North, they're among the worse in any indices of development on earth.

The SW always trails the SE interms of developmental indices.

Generally, entire Nigeria play bad politics and thats why since the whites handed over to us, we've been on steady decline. The politics of other countries is to pull people out of poverty while Nigeria politics is to push people into poverty.

This is the reason why we support Peter Obi because he has shown capacity, integrity, conquered greed and we believe that it is on his rock the new Nigeria will be built and the gates of criminality shall not prevail against him
gistray:

5 Likes

Re: . by DMerciful(m): 1:34am On Jul 04
Atiku was not planning to choose Obi and Wike was also playing his transactional politics so Obi left PDP for them.

Now that Obi has shown his strength, Atiku only chance of winning is if Obi becomes his VP. I dont want Obi to be anybody's VP but booting out Tinubu in 2027 is non negotiable
gistray:

Lol... Obi wanted to run as flag bearer for PDP that was why he left the party bro.

The initial agreement with Atiku was that he Obi will run as vice first when Atiku complete Ms his term then Obi now run as the flag bearer.

Presidency is not in Atikus future as long as Obi is not there.... I wonder how he keeps coming up as flag bearer for PDP

1 Like

Re: . by DMerciful(m): 1:35am On Jul 04
Lunacy
ObiPandora:

Re: . by mrvitalis(m): 1:44am On Jul 04
ObiPandora:

We are saying the same thing

No to southern unity

2 Likes

Re: . by MrEverest(m): 2:14am On Jul 04
Werey Dey disguise. People are dying of hunger in Nigeria and virtually everyone has r become totally hopeless, but this thing is still talking about politics.

It’s these things that support rogues like Tinubu due to tribalism.

Spit!

1 Like

Re: . by dragunov: 2:26am On Jul 04
mrvitalis:

You can dwell on the nairaland pages while powerful and influencial men in the SE deliver for Tinubu. This children of nowadays,sha. Simple politics, they refuse to see and learn.

6 Likes

Re: . by dragunov: 2:28am On Jul 04
DMerciful:
Atiku was not planning to choose Obi and Wike was also playing his transactional politics so Obi left PDP for them.

Now that Obi has shown his strength, Atiku only chance of winning is if Obi becomes his VP. I dont want Obi to be anybody's VP but booting out Tinubu in 2027 is non negotiable
Anyone thinking that Atiku will become president is delusional. 😉Trust me.

5 Likes

Re: . by dragunov: 2:29am On Jul 04
DMerciful:
One thing about us Obidients is our enlightened mind. Tell me what the average Southwesterner or average Northerner has benefitted from the politics that you claimed they know how to do.

Lets start with the North, they're among the worse in any indices of development on earth.

The SW always trails the SE interms of developmental indices.

Generally, entire Nigeria play bad politics and thats why since the whites handed over to us, we've been on steady decline. The politics of other countries is to pull people out of poverty while Nigeria politics is to push people into poverty.

This is the reason why we support Peter Obi because he has shown capacity, integrity, conquered greed and we believe that it is on his rock the new Nigeria will be built and the gates of criminality shall not prevail against him

No wonder you love to leave your region in droves just to settle in Ragos. Mr enlightened mind😏

4 Likes

Re: . by 10mobile: 2:58am On Jul 04
gistray:

All this mumu idiotiic miscreants... This thread is not for you.

South East na nonentity but your politicians come there to campaign every election.

Igbos voted enmass for Abiola...

Igbos gave Abiola 47% of their vote

In 1999. Igbos gave obasanjo 85% of their votes.

Who's now the bitter and tribalistic tribe?

Tribalism don rust your brain hegoat
The kinds of ObiPandora will be the first to start throwing curse words around without caring. But if you take him to task now and hit him very hard, he'll begin to cry, playing the victim card and saying that Igbos don't have respect just because of his hypocritical bowing to elders. That's how the bleating hegoat joined to carry a coffin with Goodluck Jonathan's name on it in 2012 but in 2023, just because we called Tinubu a drug dealer that he is, the witchcraft hegoat gets to spit saliva around that Igbos wake their parents with a kick. This wretched witch who has never and can never be happy, I wonder where he got that from.

The thunder that will scatter the dirty witchcraft piece of shit is being prepared in heaven.
Re: . by 10mobile: 3:04am On Jul 04
dragunov:

No wonder you love to leave your region in droves just to settle in Ragos. Mr enlightened mind😏
Did Yoruba enterprise build Lagos? What you're saying is just like a Gbagyi person mocking any Nigerian for settling in Abuja. Try to stop exposing your senselessness with this refrain about Igbos living in Lagos oga.

2 Likes

Re: . by WhizdomXX(m): 3:08am On Jul 04
gistray:

The thing is in that arrangement, Atiku was asked severally if he will do only one term but he refused to answer.
Re: . by 10mobile: 3:17am On Jul 04
gistray:

The situation of Nigeria is too desperate for us to be obsessing on politics instead of governance. And it pains to realize you people think that politics is all about intrigues, subterfuge, and deception just to grab power and run with it. This poor mindset is a major reason why this country is so backward.

Let me tell you, in case you are posting this to get liked by Yorubas, better know it can never happen. At least, fellows like hate-filled ObiPandora has shown you that you have failed.

Believe it or not, the best type of politics ever played in Nigeria was played by Obi (NOTE: I haven't said Igbos). Obi is the only politician in Nigeria that people follow willingly from different regions and religions. So, tell me any better politics than that?

Please, you guys should stop making evil attractive in this corntree. Na him make our head dey so oh.
Re: . by 10mobile: 3:22am On Jul 04
gistray:

That's WHY he left the party? Is your memory so short? Obi left PDP because PDP was selling its ticket to the highest bidder. Stop rewriting history.
Re: . by Difrent: 3:23am On Jul 04
gistray:

Congratulations Brother for you are spot on in your analysis

1 Like

Re: . by Seun362: 3:32am On Jul 04
Ttalk:

You too sabi abeg.

1 Like

Re: . by alphaNomega: 3:42am On Jul 04
the only things saving nigerian politicians are tribalism and religion
Re: . by Difrent: 3:43am On Jul 04
mrvitalis:

Has this not always been your style?

Won't be any surprises

This is what we have always know igbos to be..... Align with the north in order to spite the yorubas

Nothing new

5 Likes

Re: . by gistray: 3:43am On Jul 04
10mobile:

The situation of Nigeria is too desperate for us to be obsessing on politics instead of governance. And it pains to realize you people think that politics is all about intrigues, subterfuge, and deception just to grab power and run with it. This poor mindset is a major reason why this country is so backward.

Let me tell you, in case you are posting this to get liked by Yorubas, better know it can never happen. At least, fellows like hate-filled ObiPandora has shown you that you have failed.

Believe it or not, the best type of politics ever played in Nigeria was played by Obi (NOTE: I haven't said Igbos). Obi is the only politician in Nigeria that people follow willingly from different regions and religions. So, tell me any better politics than that?

Please, you guys should stop making evil attractive in this corntree. Na him make our head dey so oh.

Lol..
Make Yorubas like me ke 🤣

Bro go-to Twitter... Even fellow Yorubas hate those hate filled core APC supporters whose make focusing in Nigeria politics is Peter Obi and anything Igbo.

Immediately you say anything about APC government they call you igbo irrespective of where you're from... As if they've been rewired and reprogrammed
Re: . by Difrent: 3:44am On Jul 04
SpatialKing:

SW remains the economic and industrial base of the nation and is Largely peaceful . That didn't come by chance

5 Likes

Re: . by Difrent: 3:49am On Jul 04
SeeWahala:

Politics = A1 cool

Down east

Presidential election - we vote the best and most competent

Governorship elections - we can vote clueless governors doesn't matter so long we know how to vote competent presidents

Then if anybody complains about insecurity in the south east we remind them of them of how northerners are killing northerners in the north and the government is not doing anything about it, so igbos too should be killing themselves.

Whoever did this to igbos will not die well

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Protest: Wise Politicians Are Leaving Nigeria In Numbers. / June 12 and the future / Na wa for African leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.