Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,956 members, 7,949,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 01:56 AM

. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (1465 Views)

Deji Adeyanju: Speak To Buhari In Language He Understands During Imo Visit / Osinbajo: Buhari Understands Your Pains, He’s Considering Palliatives For You / Nigeria Needs A President Who Understands Economy – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Autodidact1: 7:25am On Jul 04
Politics that brought Buhari and Tinubu to Power that resulted in the destruction of Nigeria? How many of their people are benefiting from their nonsense Politics?
Re: . by mrvitalis(m): 8:33am On Jul 04
dragunov:

You can dwell on the nairaland pages while powerful and influencial men in the SE deliver for Tinubu. This children of nowadays,sha. Simple politics, they refuse to see and learn.
Do igbos look. Like. People who powerful people would deliver?.

We are igbos we vote who we want

Tinubu doesn't have the intelligence to convince the igbo voters
Re: . by gidgiddy: 8:51am On Jul 04
Difrent:

SW remains the economic and industrial base of the nation and is Largely peaceful . That didn't come by chance

That's only because Lagos was capital of Nigeria for 80 years
Re: . by overall90: 10:10am On Jul 04
ObiPandora:
Obi n other igbos can be pulling stunts while the likes of MKO n Tinubu keep winning elections. You have to give them that much as they do not have time pulling senseless stunts.

You left the main issue I raised and began to beat about the bush.
My question is which election were you people winning in Nigeria before the civil war?
Is it the one that Awolowo action group was coming third.
You yorubas owe anything you are in Nigeria to the civil war that changed the dynamics otherwise you would have been the almajiri of Nigeria.
Re: . by Difrent: 10:12am On Jul 04
gidgiddy:

That's only because Lagos was capital of Nigeria for 80 years

No
It's actually because of the ports afterall Abuja is now FCT for more than 30 years and it's still not among the 5 richest states so it's not by being FCT

1 Like

Re: . by nedu666: 10:15am On Jul 04
ObiPandora:
An exceedinly foolish n demented soul. Is the topic about who handed over to who or igbos voting your choice against Yorubas without being crucified or vilified like you are now vilifying Yorubas for voting their choice in the last election.

You just wake up with foolishness ringing in your bigoted medulla, jump unto the thread without reasoning or any iota of intelligence.

Your foolishness is so big that it's difficult for me to describe. Go and swallow a dick
Re: . by Chikel20000(m): 10:23am On Jul 04
Chivisee:
See, in the scheme of things, southeast is inconsequential! They are political liability to any party they have affiliation with! That’s one important fact I have realized in Nigeria.
ask PDP what caused them dis election....go n learn politics....it's obvious u are a kid
Re: . by Chikel20000(m): 10:29am On Jul 04
DMerciful:
Atiku was not planning to choose Obi and Wike was also playing his transactional politics so Obi left PDP for them.

Now that Obi has shown his strength, Atiku only chance of winning is if Obi becomes his VP. I dont want Obi to be anybody's VP but booting out Tinubu in 2027 is non negotiable
if by booting Tinubu out means power returning to d north....I think u are so mistaken.....I don't like Tinubu but power will remain in d south.....u northerners think u are wise....didnt Buhari do badly?....yet he ran against those from d north....I think if any party is wise....it is to fly candidates from d south...anything outside won't work
Re: . by ObiPandora: 10:41am On Jul 04
We're Yorubas ever Almajiri when we were coming third in the elections ?

The answer to the above shows how foolish your reasoning is.

When Yoruba were not in power did you see Yoruba wailing so shamelessly like you Igbos are doing now ?

That answers your question of before n after the war which is what you can not comprehend. Yoruba do not need federal power to succeed, in fact we do beta without it. Undiluted facts #

overall90:

You left the main issue I raised and began to beat about the bush.
My question is which election were you people winning in Nigeria before the civil war?
Is it the one that Awolowo action group was coming third.
You yorubas owe anything you are in Nigeria to the civil war that changed the dynamics otherwise you would have been the almajiri of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: . by DMerciful(m): 10:59am On Jul 04
Whose fault it is that made Buhari win reelection? Not SW?

We've tried Tinubu and he has failed irreversibly so we need to try someone else
Chikel20000:
if by booting Tinubu out means power returning to d north....I think u are so mistaken.....I don't like Tinubu but power will remain in d south.....u northerners think u are wise....didnt Buhari do badly?....yet he ran against those from d north....I think if any party is wise....it is to fly candidates from d south...anything outside won't work
Re: . by Shadow225: 11:15am On Jul 04
I agree

I think Yoruba history and geography played a really important role in it

Throughout most of Igbo history the conflicts were usually centered around Igbo communities, so Igbos were used to fighting people who shared their values and worldview

In the North most of the conflict were centered around other northern communities, Islam was very powerful in all aspect of Northern culture and the most serious conflicts always had a jihad tone.

Yorubas however were fighting against Binis, Nupes, Dahomeys and finally Usman Dan Fodio.

Yorubas were used to fighting people who did not share their values and culture, this means they learnt how to adapt to face different enemies.

Once Nigeria was formed Yoruba were the only tribe that could easily align with one side while carefully not burning bridges with the other side.
Re: . by senatordave1(m): 11:27am On Jul 04
mrvitalis:

He doesn't need to since the votes are irrelevant but he can if he wants.
Re: . by mrvitalis(m): 11:37am On Jul 04
senatordave1:

He doesn't need to since the votes are irrelevant but he can if he wants.
Oh oh we no wan hear southern unity ooh
Re: . by senatordave1(m): 11:39am On Jul 04
mrvitalis:

Oh oh we no wan hear southern unity ooh

All he needs is 60% SW,30% SS,NC and 40% of core north
Re: . by mrvitalis(m): 11:42am On Jul 04
senatordave1:

40% of core north?

Hope you know you can't rig in the North if they are against you?

Secure the 40% in the North first
Re: . by mrvitalis(m): 11:43am On Jul 04
senatordave1:

The reason you have this mouth to talk is because u know election are rigged

I sha hope u are benefiting from APC seriously

If you don't make 50k dollars minimum yearly then it's sad
Re: . by senatordave1(m): 11:54am On Jul 04
mrvitalis:

The reason you have this mouth to talk is because u know election are rigged

I sha hope u are benefiting from APC seriously

If you don't make 50k dollars minimum yearly then it's sad

Oga,I thought you said north cannot be rigged? So where is the rigging talk coming from? Be truthful to yourself for once.it is better you keep criticizing tinubu than meddle into electoral matters
Re: . by mrvitalis(m): 12:01pm On Jul 04
senatordave1:

Oga,I thought you said north cannot be rigged? So where is the rigging talk coming from? Be truthful to yourself for once.it is better you keep criticizing tinubu than meddle into electoral matters
The last time we had an election is in 2015

Like I said if you are not making 50k dollars yearly supporting APC it's a shame
Re: . by senatordave1(m): 12:13pm On Jul 04
mrvitalis:

The last time we had an election is in 2015

Like I said if you are not making 50k dollars yearly supporting APC it's a shame

2015 polls was even more rigged than subsequent ones
Re: . by dragunov: 4:44pm On Jul 04
mrvitalis:

Isokay
Re: . by dragunov: 5:01pm On Jul 04
ObiPandora:
The coast is clearer for Atiku to become president only if he chose the right vice. If Atiku can convince Obi to be his vice he will win the next presidential election with over 60 - 70%. His second best choice was Wike which he blew away, as it is now his choices are limited a Makinde only offers blinker of possible victory which I can't guarantee but he would have won the last election easily if he had gone with either Obi or Wike.

Hoebee will be a traitor to the South if he ever agrees on that. I hope you know that the Fulani is the common enemy here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Protester From The SE Threaten To Join Boko Haram Due To Low Turnout in Lagos / NNPC Asked For Office Space For About 10 Of Its Staff At Dangote Refinery / Grace Ushang's Death And The Indecent Dressing Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.