Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,087 members, 7,880,397 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:28 PM

FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate (3299 Views)

Breaking News:FG Paid new Minimum Wage Arrears / FG Paid Pagefield Global N8.5m Monthly For PR — TheCable / Lai Mohammed Lied, FG Paid ‘Large Ransom’ To Free Dapchi Girls – UN Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by Paraman: 9:35pm On Jul 03
The Senate on Wednesday urged the Federal Government to intensify efforts in funding the capital components of the three national budgets running concurrently in the country.

The Chairman, Senate Committee on Appropriation, Senator Solomon Adeola gave the task when the Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Wale Edun, and the Accountant-General of the Federation, Oluwatoyin Madein, appeared before the panel over the budgets’ performances.

Adeola lamented the poor funding of the capital components of the budgets and urged Edun to improve on it.

Adeola said, “It is the capital component of the budgets that will showcase this government largely in terms of performances.

“The capital components tend to showcase various projects that will be executed by this government and people can say the government is doing this, it’s doing that.

“That is why we are emphasising the performance of the 2024 capital component of the project.”

Adeola added that “the N1.84 billion achieved so far out of a N9 trillion capital expenditure component is nothing to write home about.

“I would want you to please look towards this direction. And I want you to do more engagement with the Ministries, Departments and Agencies of the government.”

Adeola urged the Minister to engage more with the MDAs because most of them were not aware of the current arrangement regarding the funding of capital projects.

The Senate panel chairman also hinted at plans by the red chamber to organise a public hearing on the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited which stakeholders in the oil and gas sector would be invited including the Finance Minister.

Adeola nevertheless commended the Minister for achieving 100 per cent funding for the 2023 supplementary budgets.

He said, “We did the supplementary budget, which we have achieved 100% release, which is highly commendable.

“It will not be out of place for you to have a periodic report on the implementation level of these agencies so that at least you can be guided on why transiting to the new method of payment as you can be guided.

“As for the main 2023 budget, we are lagging by over 50 something per cent, I also strongly believe that we should work around the clock.”

The Finance Minister told the senators that the FG had made progress in its ongoing forensic investigation into the N30tn Ways and Means.

He also said that the take-off of the electric and Compressed Natural Gas vehicles has been held up by a spike in freight costs.

Edun pledged that his ministry would intensify efforts in monitoring the revenue-generating agencies, adding that the debt service is up to date.

Edun said, “The procurement of electric and CNG buses and conversion kits, more importantly, has been held up by a spike in the freight costs.

“It’s just the ingenuity of one of the young men that is in that business that when I’ve got a bulk carrier that has a lower freight cost. Otherwise, the trade cost per bus became daunting and it made people just hold up to see whether this procurement was profitable for them.”

On debt payments, he said, “We have paid $700m in debt services for 420 national development agencies and others”

Speaking on the Ways and Means, “We are also interrogating the N22.7tn that we met on the ground. We instituted a forensic audit to see the impact.

“We are also interrogating the revenues that are due to us from everybody because we need to. The view of the fact that ways and means are going down rather than up, so we are servicing all the debts.”

https://punchng.com/fg-paid-700m-in-debt-services-edun-tells-senate/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social

3 Likes

Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by AdeCityzen(m): 9:49pm On Jul 03
FTC. Let me use this moment to let y'all know that tomorrow is my 20th birthday, am i welcome to the twenthies club?

Wish me well NL family, gifting is allow!

We're. We'll. We shall. Still Nigeria stay stagnant may God help us

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by Standing5(m): 4:37am
That's over a trillion in local equivalent

1 Like

Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by helinues: 4:47am
Good

Our credit score is improving as we are servicing our debts when due

62 Likes

Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by blesboi(m): 7:17am
if you are interested in watching latest Nigerian movies (nollywood) that are very interesting with a perfect story line ... pls kindly add this number on your WhatsApp 09072106986. .. and make your choice... it is always available every day..
Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by 89green: 7:17am
grin Good, lets make sure we dont go about borrowing more money abeg

2 Likes

Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:18am
Ok, noted.

1 Like

Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by FireUpNow(m): 7:20am
Continue
Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by CooldipoMPS: 7:23am
See

money
Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by dalongjnr: 7:24am
Y
Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by oyeb15: 7:24am
A common man on the street knows Nigeria economy than this dumb finance minister.

The day I see him speak like a scared chicken while delivering one year achievement, I know Nigeria is in trouble.
Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by bestman09(m): 7:29am
$700m just to service a debt? For how many years?

It's really finished 😦

AdeCityzen:
FTC. Let me use this moment to let y'all know that tomorrow is my 20th birthday, am i welcome to the twenthies club?

Happy birthday young man.
Children are so many on this forum sha!

1 Like

Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by Badgers14: 7:32am
grin
Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by XXXsearch: 7:33am
Anytime I see Tinimbum, I remember Darken Rahl, the famous character in Legend of the seeker who's mission on earth was to deceitfully suffocate mankind and bring hell to them on earth playing the devil's wish

Tinimbum represents evil and wickedness while pretending to be God's sent, this was exactly how Darken Rahl played it.

Deceiving only gullible followers
Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by Ttadaa: 7:34am
Is your company or business struggling with low sales or lack of awareness? No matter your location, you're limiting your business's potential and ROI! Did you know millions of your potential customers are on the internet, but you are missing out? Let us help with comprehensive social media marketing to boost your sales and brand awareness. Whether you sell luxury estates, yachts, luxury cars, gold, offer services, or run a small business, we will manage your social media presence to ensure you reach your target audience anywhere in world and achieve your business goals.

Our Services:

Design Services:
Business/Company Logo Design: Starting at ₦3,000
Advertisement Design: Starting at ₦4,000
Wedding/Event Card Design: Starting at ₦3,000
Invitation Card Design: Starting at ₦3,000
Banner Design: Starting at ₦3,000
Business Card Design: Starting at ₦3,000
Letterhead Paper Design: Starting at ₦3,000

Marketing Services:

Social Media Management: from ₦50,000
SEO Services: from ₦50,000
Content Marketing: from ₦3,000 per piece
Email Marketing: from ₦30,000
Facebook/Instagram Ads Setup: Starting at ₦10,000
Google Ads Setup: Starting at ₦10,000
Twitter Ads Setup: Starting at ₦10,000
Audience Targeting and Analytics: Starting at ₦10,000
Ads Account Problem Solving: Starting at ₦10,000

E-commerce Solutions:

Shopify Dropshipping Store Setup: ₦150,000 - ₦300,000
Online Store Development: ₦150,000 - ₦1,000,000
Payment Gateway Integration: ₦30,000 - ₦200,000

Website Solutions:

Website Design and Development:
Basic Website: ₦50,000 - ₦500,000
E-commerce Website: ₦150,000 - ₦1 million
Custom Web Development: ₦300,000 - ₦2 million+

Mobile App Development:

Simple Mobile App: ₦100,000 - ₦1 million
Complex Mobile App: ₦500,000 - ₦5 million+

Social Media Setup:

Professional Instagram Business Account Setup: Starting at ₦5,000
Professional Facebook Business Account Setup: Starting at ₦5,000
Professional Twitter Business Account Setup: Starting at ₦5,000

Other Services:

Listing of Business Address on Google Search: ₦5,000
Pays*tack/Flutter*wave/Sel*ar Store Design: Starting at ₦10,000
Assistance with Buying Real Nigerian Followers: Starting at ₦4,000
Video Ads Creation: Starting at ₦5,000
Landing Page Design: Starting at ₦5,000
Company Brochures, Profiles, Newsletters, Proposals, Business Plans: From ₦1,500 per page
CV/RESUME: from ₦5,000

Business Registration and Annual Returns:

Business Name Registration: ₦25,000
Private Limited Company Registration: ₦55,000
NGO/Association Registration: ₦130,000

Annual Returns Filing:
For Small Companies: ₦18,000 per year
For Business Names: ₦16,000 per year
For NGOs: ₦26,000 per year

Unlock your business's full potential with our comprehensive social media marketing services. Amplify your brand presence and boost sales across all platforms. We help your business reach anywhere in the world!

CALL/WHATSAPP US NOW! FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, YOU CAN EASILY COPY THE NUMBER DIRECTLY FROM MY PROFILE OR TYPE THE NUMBER MANUALLY FROM THE IMAGE BELOW

Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by commoditiesnig: 7:42am
Very good.

1 Like

Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by Ojuntana: 8:06am
He also said that the take-off of the electric and Compressed Natural Gas vehicles has been held up by a spike in freight costs.

Excuse nor dey finish for APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by AdeCityzen(m): 8:36am
[quote author=bestman09 post=130786027]$700m just to service a debt? For how many years?

It's really finished
Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by GraceDelki: 8:49am
The capital components tend to showcase various projects that will be executed by this government and people can say the government is doing this, it’s doing that.

Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by NaomiMildred: 8:55am
Ever wondered why some candidates seem to land job interviews left and right while others are left in the shadows? The secret often lies in how they present themselves on paper and on their professional profile.

A CV is more than a list of jobs. It's:

🌟 Your story.

🌟 Your impact.

🌟 Your unique contribution to the growth of your past companies.

Let our team of career coaches help make your CV tell your story in the most compelling way.

👉 Unleash your CV's Potential. Chat us NOW!

Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by TrackerSK: 9:01am
helinues:
Good

Our credit score is improving as we are servicing our debts when due
You wanna waste today again?
Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by TrackerSK: 9:04am
AdeCityzen:

Same age with my last son.Nah small pikin full here.No wonder the insult on this forum
Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by rickleye: 9:18am
Loan this, Loan that … build this, build that…

Yet the FG still getting loans . FG spending money and printing money . No fiscal or monetary policy. Stop spending !!!!
Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by Princeton92(m): 9:30am
AdeCityzen:

Where will we celebrate you?
Drop location
Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by EdiskyHarry: 10:03am
Tinubu remains the most useless old president in the history of Africa. When lie Mohammed told us we will miss buhari, I was thinking it's a joke.
Re: FG Paid $700 Million On Debt Servicing, Edun Tells Senate by tishbite42: 11:00am
Tinubu is a curse and a plague to Nigerians

(1) (Reply)

When Did Corruption Start In Nigeria? / Is Climate Change For Real Or A Fraud? / Anambra State University's Nuta_bolt Team Visits Uk

Viewing this topic: Raymond84 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.