Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,087 members, 7,880,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:30 PM

Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar (17708 Views)

William Ruto Declared Kenya President-Elect / Trump Vs Merkel: White House Orders Withdrawal Of 9,500 US Troops From Germany / Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by Morbeta11(m): 3:52am

Ruto orders withdrawal of salary increment for ministers, lawmakers amid uproar

It was reported on Tuesday that Mr Ruto’s ministers and Kenyan members of parliament received a pay rise effective July 1.

Amid public outrage and nationwide protests, President William Ruto has instructed his ministers and lawmakers to “live within their means,” ordering the withdrawal of their recent pay rise.

Mr Ruto conveyed this directive through Hussein Mohammed, spokesperson for the Kenya State House, on Wednesday, amidst criticisms following reports of the pay rise for ministers and lawmakers.

“The President has emphasised that now more than ever, the Executive and all arms of government must live within their means,” Mr Mohammed said, adding that Mr Ruto has instructed a review of salaries for his ministers and lawmakers.

It was reported on Tuesday that Mr Ruto’s ministers and Kenyan members of parliament received a pay rise effective July 1.

According to local media, the pay rise for Mr Ruto’s cabinet members and lawmakers coincided with nationwide protests that have resulted in over 39 deaths and hundreds of injuries.

Previously, each cabinet secretary who earned Ksh. 957,000 will now earn Ksh. 990,000 plus allowances, and each of the 51 principal secretaries who earned Ksh. 792,519 will now earn Ksh. 819,844.

The salaries of the speakers of the National Assembly and Senate increased from Ksh. 1,185,327 to Ksh. 1,208,362, while salaries of members of parliament increased from Ksh. 725,502 to Ksh. 739,600.

Although deliberations on salary increments for Mr Ruto’s cabinet members and lawmakers occurred months ago, their implementation coincided with deadly protests against a tax hike.

However, Mr Ruto later announced the suspension of the pay rise for his ministers and lawmakers for the time being.

https://gazettengr.com/ruto-orders-withdrawal-of-salary-increment-for-ministers-lawmakers-amid-uproar/

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by helinues: 3:55am
The hardship pending in Kenya heh.

New judges recruitments was suspended because there is no money.

Finance bill was targeted to raise extra tax to meet the debt obligation. Kenya don't currently have a good credit score to borrow money

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by Anyenmoney(m): 3:56am
Ok
Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by mcbreeze: 3:58am
Nigerians are we still giant? We can do it.
Let's forget tribalism and fight for our future.
If Kenya can, we can do it better.

Kudos to Kenya for standing against oppression.

170 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by mcbreeze: 3:59am
helinues:

Finance bill was targeted to raise extra tax to meet the debt obligation. Kenya don't currently have a good credit score to borrow money

Kenya is not Nigeria where you defend rubbish. Go and sit down

197 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by helinues: 4:01am
mcbreeze:

Make una no dey pokenose into something you don't have full details/information.

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by Hoelujohn: 4:30am
helinues:

And they are doing salary increase.

27 Likes

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by helinues: 4:30am
Hoelujohn:

And they are doing salary increase.

The salary increase was minimal. Some are even suspended self

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by Standing5(m): 4:33am
This is his best window of opportunity to reduce senseless bills and wastage.

6 Likes

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by Max24: 4:39am
helinues:

Because they have used all the money they had in the past to pay their politicians. Same thing is happening in Nigeria. How can senators be earning salary and allowance totalling #30m + per month. How can less than 500 people budget over #344B for themselves in 2024 when many states can't pay minimum wage of #30k? They are buying Suv cars worth hundreds of millions when millions of Nigerians are on less than #30000 per month.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by ObiPandora: 4:40am
This is how you obidient ipob alienate every one that can help your curse n save Nigerians from the doldrum it presently is. The fact that anyone support Tinubu does not mean the perosn can not demand good government.

This is why Kenyans are able to unite m fight the government successfully, so many of those that voted Ruto are also the one leading this protest. They are not on social media barking like lunatics at everyone who voted Ruto over whatever sentiment be it tribal or religious Ruto was voted like you Igbos descended because Nigerians rejected Peter Obi.

If another election hold tomorrow I will still not vote Peter Obi because he is not capable and as not shown me he is a unifier. I will also not vote an ipob supporter, I can go on n on with why I will personally not vote Obi but that doesn't stop does wanting him not to vote for him but of course your foolish souls think because you 2ant the best for Nigeria Obi is the answer like the rest of us want the worse for Nigeria.

Like VeryDarkman, you will learn n learn the hard way that in politics everyone as a right to their choices, just as every Igbo as the right to vote Obi so does every single Nigeria that does not want to vote an Igbo be it Obi or any other Igbo so do we have that right n you gaslighting your souls to oblivion doesn't change a thing.

mcbreeze:
kiss
mcbreeze post=130784424:

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by helinues: 4:40am
Max24:

Because they have used all the money they had in the past to pay their politicians. Same thing is happening in Nigeria. How can senators be earning salary and allowance totalling #30m + per month. How can less than 500 people budget over #344B for themselves in 2024 when many states can't pay minimum wage of #30k? They are buying Suv cars worth hundreds of millions when millions of Nigerians are on less than #30000 per month.

No, the loans they have been acquiring for decades, nothing per say to show about it.

Their major past presidents are Kikuyu's who are like Northern Nigeria, they love power and they have been in power but they can't just point out to what they achieved in Mount Kenya

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by Max24: 4:44am
helinues:

No, the loans they have been acquiring for decades, nothing per say to show about it.

Their major past president are Kikuyu's who are like Norther Nigeria, they love power and they have been in power
Same thing is happening in Nigeria. All the loans Buhari got what do we have to show for it? While the masses are poorer, the politicians are amassing properties in Dubai and so on.

13 Likes

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by ObiPandora: 4:55am
Of course only Buhari took loans, Ebele did not take loan.

Max24:

Same thing is happening in Nigeria. All the loans Buhari got what do we have to show for it? While the masses are poorer, the politicians are amassing properties in Dubai and so on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by helinues: 4:57am
Max24:

No, Nigeria's case is different from Kenya.

What's the Kenya population again?

54 Likes

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by helinues: 4:59am
mcbreeze:

Hahaha, we are not going to allow you people to stage any protest in Nigeria.

Take that to the bank for cash out

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by chiiraq802(m): 5:09am
Nice one Kenyans.

If it was in 9ja nw. you would hv seen counter protest in support of the President.

Nigeria is a Useless 4th world country. nothing person fit tell me.

23 Likes

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by Gondonu: 6:03am
And the people won the war. The government at all levels in Africa are really wicked. Ruto is a huge disappointment

7 Likes

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by RighteousDemon: 6:34am
The masses is never in their plans. It’s always about them. Bunch of thieves.

4 Likes

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by mcbreeze: 6:43am
ObiPandora:
This is how you obidient ipob alienate every one that can help your curse n save Nigerians from the doldrum it presently is. The fact that anyone support Tinubu does not mean the perosn can not demand good government.

This is why Kenyans are able to unite m fight the government successfully, so many of those that voted Ruto are also the one leading this protest. They are not on social media barking like lunatics at everyone who voted Ruto over whatever sentiment be it tribal or religious Ruto was voted like you Igbos descended because Nigerians rejected Peter Obi.

If another election hold tomorrow I will still not vote Peter Obi because he is not capable and as not shown me he is a unifier. I will also not vote an ipob supporter, I can go on n on with why I will personally not vote Obi but that doesn't stop does wanting him not to vote for him but of course your foolish souls think because you 2ant the best for Nigeria Obi is the answer like the rest of us want the worse for Nigeria.

Like VeryDarkman, you will learn n learn the hard way that in politics everyone as a right to their choices, just as every Igbo as the right to vote Obi so does every single Nigeria that does not want to vote an Igbo be it Obi or any other Igbo so do we have that right n you gaslighting your souls to oblivion doesn't change a thing.

Don't reply again with this bad English. At least ask your teacher to help you.

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by owem19(m): 7:28am
All this trash just to be suffering and smiling
ObiPandora:

16 Likes

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by ruggedtimi(m): 7:40am
He is a good leader.
Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by Ojuntana: 7:43am
ObiPandora:

All this truckload of nonsense just to show your mental vacuousness.
Was it because of Obi you lots supported all Buhari's missteps for 8 years only to deny him after he left office?
If Obi did not exist today, people like you will still find a reason to support those you want to. It is actually because you don't want them criticized that makes you take Obi as your alibi.
So quit playing the baboon and own your failed messiah with your full chest!

26 Likes

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by ObiPandora: 8:04am
Can anyone believe this nuisance is complaining about English ?

mcbreeze:

Don't reply again with this bad English. At least ask your teacher to help you.

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by ObiPandora: 8:04am
That won't stop me from feeding your father 3 sq meal till his death.

owem19:
All this trash just to be suffering and smiling
Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by AcadaWriter: 8:11am
Ok
Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by ObiPandora: 8:16am
Sadly, for you I never had any reason to be involved in politics even till this hour. The truth can be nonsense to you but it doesn't stop it being the truth.

Before Obi there was Azikwe he led the NCNC after the death of Herbert Mauculay with no Yoruba contesting the post with him even when it is glaring he was undeserving just like this foolish war mongering religious n tribalistic bigot Peter Pandora Obi.

Come 2027 Peter Obi still won't be worthy of my vote just like Tinubu is not worthy of many of you igbos vote. Now, if you chose to wail to your doom over that choice of mine with all pleasure be my guest.

Just so you know Peter Obi remain the worse most despicable animal I can personally vote in my life n even in death. Now kill yourself over that.

Ojuntana:

All this truckload of nonsense just to show your mental vacuousness.
Was it because of Obi you lots supported all Buhari's missteps for 8 years only to deny him after he left office?
If Obi did not exist today, people like you will still find a reason to support those you want to. It is actually because you don't want them criticized that makes you take Obi as your alibi.
So quit playing the baboon and own your failed messiah with your full chest!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by owem19(m): 8:16am
You get papa? talking like a teen-ager
ObiPandora:

11 Likes

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by AlhajiCSO: 8:24am
ObiPandora:

Fergie001 mynd44 nlfpmod Seun Dominique Mukina2 Rule 2

3 Likes

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by Ojuntana: 9:08am
ObiPandora:
Sadly, for you I never had any reason to be involved in politics even till this hour. The truth can be nonsense to you but it doesn't stop it being the truth.

Before Obi there was Azikwe he led the NCNC after the death of Herbert Mauculay with no Yoruba contesting the post with him even when it is glaring he was undeserving just like this foolish war mongering religious n tribalistic bigot Peter Pandora Obi.

Come 2027 Peter Obi still won't be worthy of my vote just like Tinubu is not worthy of many of you igbos vote. Now, if you chose to wail to your doom over that choice of mine with all pleasure be my guest.

Just so you know Peter Obi remain the worse most despicable animal I can personally vote in my life n even in death. Now kill yourself over that.

For someone who has never been involved in politics, it's such a shame that you made a caricature of yourself and harbour such hate for someone you've never met on a subject you have little or no idea about, so much that you even chose to troll him using your moniker.
Your decision to not vote Obi is not unique to you alone. There are million others who will never vote him just as I will never vote a Tinubu. But to descend to such despicable lows as to make yourself a troll in moniker and in words, even calling him animal and foolish just because he exercised his civic right to seek to rule Nigeria is self-deprecating. I pity you.
Just look at your self-contradiction. You vow to never vote Obi and you also blame Obi for your inability to hold to account those you prefer to vote for. Is anything more animalistic than that? Even animals don't self-destroy like this!!

27 Likes

Re: Ruto Orders Withdrawal Of Salary Increment For Ministers, Lawmakers Amid Uproar by mcbreeze: 9:47am
helinues:

Hahaha, we are not going to allow you people to stage any protest in Nigeria.

Take that to the bank for cash out

It will happen, on the day, na 2 by 2 dey go use plank you and your type

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Marines Drink Cobra Blood In Thailand / Queen Elizabeth To Receive £37.9million Pay Rise / Hillary Clinton Caught Dancing & Drinking At Cuban Bar In Colombia

Viewing this topic: enoumoh, evans630, mescan(m), Themanleshey, ozowarac, horlabowale(m), juniniodanielz(m), inspbado(m), Mr2kul(m), Zimzim2000, SA2906, 11cows4sale(m), ebukal67x, Aemmyjah(m), Mightydude, teejegs367(m), sutsirave(m), Finquas and 29 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.