Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,627 members, 7,930,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 10:31 AM

When A Couple Lose Their Only Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Couple Lose Their Only Child (524 Views)

70 Years Old Man Pushes Wooden Truck While His Only Child Is Very Wealthy. / Is It Right For A MIL To Bring Food For Her Son (he's An Only Child) & Recently / Kokozaria And Wife, Oyinda Lose Their Conjoined Twins At Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Couple Lose Their Only Child by MasterJayJay: 12:22pm On Jul 04
Recently, a married couple living opposite to our house lost their only child.

How do couples like this move on? The child should be around 14 years before she died in the hospital.

Those that have many children can look at other kids as a consolation. But losing the only child must be very painful. How will they start over to have another child?
Re: When A Couple Lose Their Only Child by Zonefree(m): 12:24pm On Jul 04
What stops them from having another child after 14 years?

You don't lay your eggs on one basket.

4 Likes

Re: When A Couple Lose Their Only Child by ojun50(m): 12:28pm On Jul 04
Zonefree:

Bomb dey yr 🧠, you think say na there wish to get one child. You need slap with your question.

9 Likes

Re: When A Couple Lose Their Only Child by Zonefree(m): 12:30pm On Jul 04
ojun50:

Bomb dey yr 🧠, you think say na there wish to get one child. You need slap with your question.
There are ways to have kids now. This is not 1925.

2 Likes

Re: When A Couple Lose Their Only Child by MasterJayJay: 1:20pm On Jul 04
Zonefree:

Having only one kid in 14 years shows they are struggling with infertility.

The options you are trying to suggest don't come cheap.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Couple Lose Their Only Child by Omuuvwie(m): 7:16pm On Jul 04
Those that conceive at every knack will not know what God has done for them, some couple can knack for million times with nothing to show for it,

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When A Couple Lose Their Only Child by Neverlookback: 9:27pm On Jul 04
Folks tend or pretend not to grasp the deep meaning behind the question.

Many people face this difficult situation all the time. Loss of an only child have caused couples to drift apart, to the extent of getting a divorce.

Being in each other's presence always bring back painful memories of the lost child. This is even more so when one parent feel the death could have been prevented.

Couple therapy could work, but there's always that lingering bad feeling.. Losing a child, especially the only child, is not for the faint hearted. I don't wish on anyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Couple Lose Their Only Child by Tayorshd87: 10:26pm On Jul 04
Zonefree:

There are ways to have kids now. This is not 1925.

U should know they must have done it but nothing is working
Re: When A Couple Lose Their Only Child by Tayorshd87: 10:28pm On Jul 04
Zonefree:

Do u think that's how it's easy to impregnate a woman with fertility issues??
Re: When A Couple Lose Their Only Child by Typing: 8:04am On Jul 05
Zonefree:

What stopped you from becoming the richest black man before Dangote?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Couple Lose Their Only Child by Obierika(m): 4:33pm On Jul 17
Typing:

What stopped you from becoming the richest black man before Dangote?

This is a very good question to ask him
Re: When A Couple Lose Their Only Child by Klass99(f): 6:51pm On Jul 17
Re: When A Couple Lose Their Only Child by Klass99(f): 6:55pm On Jul 17
Re: When A Couple Lose Their Only Child by MasterJayJay: 7:15pm On Jul 17
Klass99:

Losing an only child can make or break a couple. I'm aware of a married couple who is now divorced after the loss of their child. I don't know the whole story but I grasped that the event put a strain on their relationship, they grew apart and ended up divorced.

To answer the question in your last paragraph, I will say this, they don't need to start over with another child. They should move on by taking solace in each other, continuing to live life as best as they can and enjoying the companionship they have (if any)

Marriage doesn't have to be about children. Why do we always like to make it about children? That couple can simply be two adults taking good care of each other, mentally, emotionally, physically, sexually and financially, without kids, from this point forward.

I'm guessing they are in their late 40s to early 50s. Who wants to be paying school fees well into their 60s and 70s? I suspect you are the one worrying for them and starting over with another child has not even crossed their minds because they are still grieving.
Is this not Nigeria? Without a survey, most people in Nigeria are getting married to have kids. Unless you want to live in denial.
I don't care if some married couples decided not to have kids. That's their choice.

We have even seen advices flying up and down online from some women to older single ladies, telling them if they don't find husband soon, they should look for a man to impregnate them so they can have a child that will take care of them when they are old.
Re: When A Couple Lose Their Only Child by Maeve7: 7:21pm On Jul 17
I don’t like this thread at all. It sends shivers down my spine. Nothing is worse than losing your child.

(1) (Reply)

Mother Or Wife Who Should Come First For A Man / If You Like Huggies, You Will Love Mamia / Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.