Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,913 members, 7,902,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 08:24 PM

Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank (9896 Views)

Nigeria Wins As UK Court Quashes $11 Billion P&ID Award / Qatar To Invest $5 Billion In Nigeria's Economy / Lagos Free Zone To Attract Additional $5 Billion Investment To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by Galinton(m): 7:38am On Jul 05
ChristCee:

Grow up, you guys hardly appreciate anything about this nation. Is it Tinubu you are against or Nigeria, the same nation you want your preferred candidate to rule?? Na so good news dey make you sad everytime??
don't mind that ipob

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by Confirm4real(m): 7:46am On Jul 05
Another way to loot cheesy
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by lionshare: 7:49am On Jul 05
lexy2014:

if the its about "the economy at large", how then is it not about you?

which forex inflow are you referring to?

how will the forex improve the economy?

tinubu secured $3b "forex inflow" from AFREXIM several months ago. can you pls explain how that contributed to improving the economy?

in whose custody will the $5b be in?

which $5b is flowing into the country?

even if it does, what will that do for you?

can you pls explain what hate has got to do with the questions I asked you?

FX inflows means more stability, which leads to more predictable outcomes for business, thereby creating an ideal environment for new businesses and investments, which translates to more jobs and income (contracts & supplies) for the average people, and that improves the lives of the beneficiaries. I hope that makes sense to you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by lexy2014: 7:53am On Jul 05
lionshare:

FX inflows means more stability, which leads to more predictable outcomes for business, thereby creating an ideal environment for new businesses and investments, which translates to more jobs and income (contracts & supplies) for the average people, and that improves the lives of the beneficiaries. I hope that makes sense to you.

1. if the its about "the economy at large", how then is it not about you?

2. which forex inflow are you referring to?

3. how will the forex improve the economy?

4. tinubu secured $3b "forex inflow" from AFREXIM several months ago. can you pls explain how that contributed to improving the economy?

5. in whose custody will the $5b be in?

6. which $5b is flowing into the country?

7. even if it does, what will that do for you?

8. can you pls explain what hate has got to do with the questions I asked you?
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by tjcare4u2005(m): 7:54am On Jul 05
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by lexy2014: 7:56am On Jul 05
lionshare:

I dont remember asking what FX inflow means. I asked how will it improve the economy?
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by Gaddafih001(m): 7:57am On Jul 05
hafeeanubasy:
You will see OBI people telling us its is not our PRIORITY.

And if we are denied Peter obi will mount the twitter to tell us how NIGERIA WAS DENIED BECAUSE TINUBU HAS RUINED THE COUNTRY

OP HAS FORGOTEN TO ADD THAT WE ARE ALSO HOSTING THE AFRICAN CENTRAL BANK
Central bank 🏦🤨.
??
This is huge.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by muykem: 8:04am On Jul 05
Tinubu lead, we follow.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by Omoejigbahe(m): 8:10am On Jul 05
Peter obi and his hoarde of zombies will not see this one. Bad news peddlers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by wildernessVoice: 8:11am On Jul 05
No celebration yet.
Funding energy on loan not free.
I trust my people where the loan will end up.
The only gain is employment of few Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by HilcomTech(m): 8:32am On Jul 05

IP0B and Obi Pandora left the group

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by jaxxy(m): 8:34am On Jul 05
hafeeanubasy:

And if we are denied Peter obi will mount the twitter to tell us how NIGERIA WAS DENIED BECAUSE TINUBU HAS RUINED THE COUNTRY

if u like host $40billion bank it will not change anything if u don't fix ur systems and the corruption the systems enables instead of impeding it.

u cannot eat ur cake and have it no matter how big ur cake is.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by ebchuks(m): 8:55am On Jul 05
ALTERNATEID:

You are talking nonsense. Every sovereign country has the right to compete for hosting the energy bank. Ethiopia is not among the biggest economies in Africa but the headquarter of AU is located in Addis Ababa. In case you wish to know, Nigeria competed for the right to host the then OAU headquarters before it was won by Ethiopia.

The energy bank is a big deal for Nigeria. We are looking at over $5billion inflow into the country. That’s why a lot of countries also competed to host the bank. Kudos to the Tinubu administration for pulling this off.
Point of correction, Ethiopia is the 5th biggest economy in Africa and the African Union is headquartered in Addis Ababa because the first post-independence continental institution in Africa was signed by independent African states in Ethiopia in 1963.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by Akinpresident: 8:58am On Jul 05
Shikini:
Nigeria produces far more oil and should naturally host the bank.

If not for our bastardized image and woeful economic performance, should any of those countries even compete with us?

Highest producer of oil and yet, don't have a functional refinery even though billions are claimed annually to maintain them 😂
Imports fuel abroad and then spend trillions on thieves in the name of subsidy 😂.
It's actually an insult to Africa that a country as Nigeria won the bid. How can you be the highest producer of crude oil and can't process it in your country? What have you been doing with your oil sales? It's shameful.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by Calitoscassius(m): 8:59am On Jul 05
More rubbish propaganda, Naigeria to, Naigeria to Naigeria to do this, Naigeria to do that.

And nothing is ever done! grin
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by just2endowed: 9:04am On Jul 05
Come buy what's on my siggy
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by Realtruth2023: 9:09am On Jul 05
StreetFight:
South Africa and Algeria can compete with us, but when Ghana and Benin Republic who cannot breathe without Nigeria dey show face, then something is wrong. Countries that cannot even compete with Ibadan, not to talk of Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja no even dey for the discussion

Stop living in false ignorance. The CFA at the moment is far better the naira, these countries are doing business more than us. Ghana is hosting all the companies that left Nigeria, so wake up we are just big for nothing.
We are no longer adding value as before.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by Realtruth2023: 9:12am On Jul 05
Tjra:

Good news to good Nigerians but bad news to the children of anger and Bitterness.

Everything is scam to Obidients

Are you guys this dull? Nigeria produces far more oil and gas in Africa and so by default should have the HQ of the energy bank, so it is a no brainer here to say children of hate.
If your principal who is out president was performing and making the best decisions, no one will be dragging him. So stop all this childish comments abeg and grow up.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by hafeeanubasy: 9:14am On Jul 05
lexy2014:

how has the hosting improved your standard of living?
How has your wailing and hate improved your miserable life?
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by Realtruth2023: 9:14am On Jul 05
ChristCee:

Grow up, you guys hardly appreciate anything about this nation. Is it Tinubu you are against or Nigeria, the same nation you want your preferred candidate to rule?? Na so good news dey make you sad everytime??

Bros accept criticism no one is praying against Nigeria but the worry is that the bad leaders we have(president inclusive) are messing up our chances to live a better life as Nigerians.
Stop gaslighting people who criticize as not appreciating anything good about the nation, but rather tell your leaders the truth, if they make Nigeria good for all, people will appreciate Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by Realtruth2023: 9:15am On Jul 05
hafeeanubasy:

How has your wailing and hate improved your miserable life?

Dude what he asked you was a valid question. How has hosting the HQ improved the quality and standard of the average Nigeria? Leave partisan politics and for once be a human being with conscience and answer the question.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by Realtruth2023: 9:16am On Jul 05
Galinton:
don't mind that ipob

Guy how sure are you that he is IPOB? You guys should be careful so that you land yourselves in trouble.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by Realtruth2023: 9:19am On Jul 05
hafeeanubasy:

And how has the hosting of African central bank helped you as a person or the average Nigerian? The truth is citing even World Bank HQ here make no difference to us, if our leaders do not come up with policies that will make us productive and add value to the global supply chain. That is the only way we can be respected. All this talk of we are the largest economy, largest population, giant of Africa amounts to nothing if we are not adding value.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by hafeeanubasy: 9:22am On Jul 05
Realtruth2023:

And how has the hosting of African central bank helped you as a person or the average Nigerian? The truth is citing even World Bank HQ here make no difference to us, if our leaders do not come up with policies that will make us productive and add value to the global supply chain. That is the only way we can be respected. All this talk of we are the largest economy, largest population, giant of Africa amounts to nothing if we are not adding value.
And how has expressing your unhappiness over this helped your miserable life either or add value to us either?
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by Realtruth2023: 9:24am On Jul 05
hafeeanubasy:

And how has expressing your unhappiness over this helped your miserable life either or add value to us either?

Try and be sensible I never said I was unhappy, rather I am indifferent because it adds no value to me. It is still foreigners that will be there. IFC has office in Nigeria, but the Nigerians work there on contract, no value has been created for them

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by hafeeanubasy: 9:26am On Jul 05
Realtruth2023:

Try and be sensible I never said I was unhappy, rather I am indifferent because it adds no value to me. It is still foreigners that will be there. IFC has office in Nigeria, but the Nigerians work there on contract, no value has been created for them
So where did you see in my post that its meant to add value to your miserable life?

You are not sensible enough to know that being indifferent is just to leave my post as its.
I only provided an information!..and didn't relate it to improving your miserable sad life
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by Realtruth2023: 9:29am On Jul 05
hafeeanubasy:

So where did you see in my post that its meant to add value to your miserable life?

You are not sensible enough to know that being indifferent is just to leave my post as its.
I only provided an information!..and didn't relate it to improving your miserable sad life

Once again you want to play smart by twisting my words. I was the one that stated in response to your attack that children of bitterness will not be happy, that this adds no value to the average and even you it adds no value to you as a person. So bros try and have sense for once.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by honor4me: 10:10am On Jul 05
Shikini:

Oga, forget propaganda ...
Currently, all those countries (except Benin Reputable) are better than Nigeria. Ivory Coast is more developed than Nigeria.

What makes Ivory Coast more developed than Nigeria oga?
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by 99thEnemy(m): 10:24am On Jul 05
StreetFight:
South Africa and Algeria can compete with us, but when Ghana and Benin Republic who cannot breathe without Nigeria dey show face, then something is wrong. Countries that cannot even compete with Ibadan, not to talk of Port Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja no even dey for the discussion
Chaleh… this is not nice at all grin

Ghana is a hard werking cantry. grin
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by lionshare: 10:30am On Jul 05
lexy2014:

1. if the its about "the economy at large", how then is it not about you?

2. which forex inflow are you referring to?

3. how will the forex improve the economy?

4. tinubu secured $3b "forex inflow" from AFREXIM several months ago. can you pls explain how that contributed to improving the economy?

5. in whose custody will the $5b be in?

6. which $5b is flowing into the country?

7. even if it does, what will that do for you?

8. can you pls explain what hate has got to do with the questions I asked you?

1. No idea what what this means

2. Read the title of topic

3. Answered check my previous response

4. we have achieved relative stability in the fx market plus the convergence--do you think it happened by mistake?

5. Reserves with CBN

6. Read the title of topic

7. Answered check my previous response

8. I have no business with negativity pls check my handle this is likely for someone else.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by commoditiesnig: 10:35am On Jul 05
[quote author=adamusuleiman3 post=130801536][/quote].
Congratulations
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Host $5 Billion Africa Energy Bank by Shikini: 10:58am On Jul 05
honor4me:

What makes Ivory Coast more developed than Nigeria oga?

Ivory Coast has better infrastructure than Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC clears All chairmanship, councillorship seats in Ebonyi LG election / EFCC To Arraign Dikko Umar, Ex-Airforce Chief / Edo Governorship: INEC Rejects Sheriff’s List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.