Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,358 members, 7,967,944 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 01:16 PM

S’east Stakeholders’ Conference Endorses Creation Of Anioma State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S’east Stakeholders’ Conference Endorses Creation Of Anioma State (340 Views)

Delta Group, NNU Rejects Inclusion In Proposed Anioma State / Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State / Anioma State And South East Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

S’east Stakeholders’ Conference Endorses Creation Of Anioma State by Gentino(m): 8:29am On Jul 05
S’East stakeholders’ conference endorses creation of Anioma State
Guardian Nigeria

A one-day South-East stakeholders meeting, held in Enugu, has approved the creation of ‘Anioma’ state from parts of the South-South and South East geopolitical zones, saying that it would not only add to the current population of the South East region but increase its land mass.

The conference, organised by the Igbo Youths Forum on the way forward for Ndigbo, with the theme, ‘Creation of New State in South East’, which was attended by the chairmen and secretaries of state and local council chapters of the forum in the five South East states, stated that ‘Anioma’ state would also foster unity and development of the South East region.

The National President, Association of South-East Past Presidents-General (ASEPP), Omife I. Omife, in a lead speech, went memory lane on how the South East had been marginalised for several years by being the only geo-political zone with five states, while all other zones have six and above. He noted that the ongoing deliberation about state creation is an opportunity for Igbo to do their political home work well to determine the best approach to the issue.

Omife told the gathering that given the political circumstances in the country, the best option for the Igbo is to rally other Igbo in their demand for ‘Anioma’ state, which, according to him, began more than half a century ago.

https://guardian.ng/seast-stakeholders-conference-endorses-creation-of-anioma-state/

3 Likes

Re: S’east Stakeholders’ Conference Endorses Creation Of Anioma State by AlexBells(m): 8:36am On Jul 05
Way to go

2 Likes

Re: S’east Stakeholders’ Conference Endorses Creation Of Anioma State by Zaheertyler(m): 8:42am On Jul 05
If it will make them happy
Re: S’east Stakeholders’ Conference Endorses Creation Of Anioma State by Lumarstone: 8:44am On Jul 05
How? I think the proposed Anioma state is presently located in Delta State, South South Nigeria.

Good luck to them.

I left..!
Re: S’east Stakeholders’ Conference Endorses Creation Of Anioma State by CyrusVI(m): 8:46am On Jul 05
This is normal na

Even their unofficial stakeholders on NL already endorsed it
But there's more to creation of states than these paparazzi
Re: S’east Stakeholders’ Conference Endorses Creation Of Anioma State by Welcum: 8:50am On Jul 05
Zaheertyler:
Though I doubt if you're happier than them.

1 Like

Re: S’east Stakeholders’ Conference Endorses Creation Of Anioma State by Zaheertyler(m): 8:58am On Jul 05
Welcum:

Though I doubt if you're happier than them.
As a person..no because I have goals I want to reach and I feel slow
As an Igbo man ..I don't care if they like they should created 6000 states as long as they can manage it
Re: S’east Stakeholders’ Conference Endorses Creation Of Anioma State by OneCandleAway(f): 8:59am On Jul 05
Does the state have what it takes to be productive.
Re: S’east Stakeholders’ Conference Endorses Creation Of Anioma State by Okwyjesus(m): 9:04am On Jul 05
Zaheertyler:

Your a good man.

We must be deliberate about unity
We must be deliberate about justice
We must be deliberate about equity
We must be deliberate about resolving conflict
We must be deliberate about reconciliation

That's how great nations are built.

1 Like

Re: S’east Stakeholders’ Conference Endorses Creation Of Anioma State by Loverofpeace: 9:04am On Jul 05
OneCandleAway:
E no concern you face your west leave brothers matter.

1 Like

Re: S’east Stakeholders’ Conference Endorses Creation Of Anioma State by Zaheertyler(m): 9:12am On Jul 05
Okwyjesus:

Your a good man.

We must be deliberate about unity
We must be deliberate about justice
We must be deliberate about equity
We must be deliberate about resolving conflict
We must be deliberate about reconciliation

That's how great nations are built.
Deliberation and negotiations
Are better than protest
Thank you for your kind words sir

1 Like

Re: S’east Stakeholders’ Conference Endorses Creation Of Anioma State by ruggedboych: 9:39am On Jul 05
I don't want any south south state joining Igbo nation, make them no come say we are dominating them sad angry
Re: S’east Stakeholders’ Conference Endorses Creation Of Anioma State by Justnation: 10:08am On Jul 05
ANIOMA STATE should be widely supported by all IGBOs, we must reunite with our brothers and sisters for expansion and prosperity of the south east and Igbo nation.
Re: S’east Stakeholders’ Conference Endorses Creation Of Anioma State by gistray: 10:10am On Jul 05
OneCandleAway:

No... We will elect you as their governor to make it productive

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Protest Against Your State Governors Not The Federal Government! / Oshiomhole's Associates Deny Rumour Of Marriage Break-up With Wife, Iara / AUGUST NATIONWIDE PROTEST, A VERDICT ON NIGERIANS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.