Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,025 members, 7,919,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:52 AM

I Take Responsibility For The Loss, Sunak Says After Historic Defeat In Election - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Take Responsibility For The Loss, Sunak Says After Historic Defeat In Election (307 Views)

SA Divided As "White" Opposition Burns National Flag In Election Advert (PICS) / Denmark To Join EU Defence Policy After Historic Vote / U.S. Supreme Court May Not Have Final Say In Election, Despite Trump Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Take Responsibility For The Loss, Sunak Says After Historic Defeat In Election by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:51am On Jul 05
'I Take Responsibility For The Loss,' Sunak Says After Historic Tory Defeat In UK Election

July 5, 2024
NEWS

Rishi Sunak has conceded the Conservative Party's unprecedented general election loss, acknowledging his role in the defeat.

Meanwhile, Keir Starmer has achieved a resounding triumph, leading the Labour Party to a decisive victory, and is set to succeed Sunak as the next Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

"The British people have delivered a sobering verdict tonight, there is much to learn... and I take responsibility for the loss," Sunak said.

Speaking in central London, Sir Keir said "change begins now", adding "it feels good, I have to be honest".

BBC reports that as the election results continue to roll in, with over 500 out of 650 seats declared, Labour is poised to secure a decisive majority government, projected to win 316 seats, a majority of 166.

Meanwhile, the Conservative Party is facing a historic defeat, having lost over 170 seats, and is expected to be left with a significantly reduced presence in Parliament, with just 136 MPs.

Sir Keir Starmer, surrounded by jubilant Labour supporters, declared that the nation was emerging into “the sunlight of hope" after 14 years, symbolizsing a new dawn for the country to reclaim its future. He enthusiastically exclaimed, “Now we can look forward – walk into the morning.”

SaharaReporters

Rishi Sunak has conceded the Conservative Party's unprecedented general election loss, acknowledging his role in the defeat.
Re: I Take Responsibility For The Loss, Sunak Says After Historic Defeat In Election by DMerciful01(m): 9:05am On Jul 05
Exactly what we expected Obi&Atiku to say...but they did'nt.
Re: I Take Responsibility For The Loss, Sunak Says After Historic Defeat In Election by Finegirl734(f): 9:10am On Jul 05
DMerciful01:
Both differs
Re: I Take Responsibility For The Loss, Sunak Says After Historic Defeat In Election by aylive02(m): 9:34am On Jul 05
cheesy

Congratulations to you Rishi on your losses.

You're an islamic terrorists immigrants enabler
You endorsed Tinubu's criminal emergence as the Nigerian president
You're a corrupt leader.
Fvck you!!!

1 Like

Re: I Take Responsibility For The Loss, Sunak Says After Historic Defeat In Election by criminalmindz: 9:36am On Jul 05
U
Re: I Take Responsibility For The Loss, Sunak Says After Historic Defeat In Election by Tochj(m): 9:37am On Jul 05
DMerciful01:
UK Election was Excellence
No mutilated vote papars like Wike own
No Snatching of ballot box
No bypassing of Electoral rule
No induced failure of Electronic transfer of vote
No intimidation of voters like what Oluomo did in Lagos
So if Elections is Free and Fair
Loser will immediately congratulate the winner.
Re: I Take Responsibility For The Loss, Sunak Says After Historic Defeat In Election by MaxBee2050(m): 9:38am On Jul 05
Before unko who wan blame?
Re: I Take Responsibility For The Loss, Sunak Says After Historic Defeat In Election by Realtord43: 9:51am On Jul 05
Most UK PM hardly finished a two term tenure, is either the personally resigned, lost re-election bid or their party MP nominate another candiate to replace them

Sunak is UK third PM in just three yrs
Re: I Take Responsibility For The Loss, Sunak Says After Historic Defeat In Election by Justnation: 10:20am On Jul 05
European Citizens and electorate are clearly showing their disapproval of the huge financial wastage their government is commiting to the Ukraine needless war.

From France to Britain and soon America , the people are using the power of the ballot to stop the useless Ukraine war and attendant .economic destruction.

( How I wish NIGERIA'S ballot is equally powerful, but unfortunately not)

This useless war if not properly handled could lead to 3 world war and possible nuclear confrontation.

That stupid war monger called zelensky must be stopped, infact a reported attempted coup in Ukraine shows that the people are getting weary and restive.

More anti war and anti Ukraine politicians will take over Europe.
Re: I Take Responsibility For The Loss, Sunak Says After Historic Defeat In Election by Paythemback: 10:54am On Jul 05
Next is biden

(1) (Reply)

California Senate Passes 'sanctuary State' Bill / Researcher 'accidentally' Stops Spread Of 'unprecedented' Global Cyberattack / Afghan Security Forces Are Battling Gunmen Who Attacked The State Television Bui

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.