Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,355 members, 7,894,525 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 11:16 AM

Scam Furniture Sellers Online - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scam Furniture Sellers Online (195 Views)

Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) / Man Poses As Female Panties Buyer In Edo, Hands Sellers Over To Police / Meat Sellers & Police Clash In Ibadan, Police Station Set On Fire This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Furniture Sellers Online by Joevics(m): 10:31am On Jul 05
A friend contacted me to help him checkout a business he wanted to buy furniture from.

The address was: No.18, Church Street, Morogbo, Badagry, Lagos, Nigeria, Badagry Badagry

Phone number: 08068677423

I left my house and went to checkout this place in Morogbo -Agbara-Badagry. Only to find out that the address is a residential apartment in a ghetto street.
I called severally, but they refused to pick up.
I then decided to chat them up, and got the Payment validates order message. That's when I knew they were scam and contacted my friend.

This post is to help other unsuspecting people out there avoid these scammers.
I have attached images.

Re: Scam Furniture Sellers Online by immortalcrown(m): 10:36am On Jul 05
Who buys furniture online? You can advertise your business online but I will visit your physical store before patronising you, no matter what you sell.

I trust only Amazon. Somehow, I also trust Alibaba and AliExpress.

But furniture and car are examples of what I will never buy online, no matter the discount and no matter the dealer.
Re: Scam Furniture Sellers Online by psucc(m): 11:53am On Jul 05
Na so one man who claims to be selling SunKing Solar products d pain some people. When it came to my turn, I asked him to bring the product and get his cash. The guy just replied me with "you're not serious".

So I don't know between me and him who's not serious.
Re: Scam Furniture Sellers Online by Joevics(m): 4:15pm On Jul 05
Joevics:
A friend contacted me to help him checkout a business he wanted to buy furniture from.

The address was: No.18, Church Street, Morogbo, Badagry, Lagos, Nigeria, Badagry Badagry

Phone number: 08068677423

I left my house and went to checkout this place in Morogbo -Agbara-Badagry. Only to find out that the address is a residential apartment in a ghetto street.
I called severally, but they refused to pick up.
I then decided to chat them up, and got the Payment validates order message. That's when I knew they were scam and contacted my friend.

This post is to help other unsuspecting people out there avoid these scammers.
I have attached images.
Considering the stories here. I will work with my team to develop a scam tracking platform for Nigeria. This will help prevent issues like this.

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Cable Thief Electrocuted In Anambra / Sex Offender Registry Washington / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.