Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,416 members, 7,894,769 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 03:17 PM

I Have A Big Question: What Is Stopping Governors Of The 36 States Of Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Have A Big Question: What Is Stopping Governors Of The 36 States Of Nigeria (196 Views)

My Trap Caught A Big Bush Rat (video/pictures) / What Is Stopping You From Taking Investment Actions? / Photos Of A Big Python Killed In A Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Big Question: What Is Stopping Governors Of The 36 States Of Nigeria by emmanueln2023: 11:01am On Jul 05
I have a big question:

What is Stopping Governors of the 36 States of Nigeria and FCT from Establishing Large Scale Commercial Farms?

The above is a critical research topic for MSC & PHD students to consider for their research and we at PSSL will be glad to collaborate (WhatsApp: +234-706-818-0074)

The rate of food inflation in Nigeria is currently unimaginable and food insecurity looms with high rate of poverty, poor standard of living and other sad stories which can be nipped in the bud through agricultural investment.

It is sad that state governors have turned to taxing the citizens heavily as a way of raising Internally Generated Revenue and imposing different levies on SMEs. This is not only wrong but shows lack of insight, poor economic planning and lack of initiative.

Some states have water bodies to support irrigation farming, others have large expanse of land which has sadly become hideout for criminal elements; of course, when usage is not optimised, abuse is inevitable.

The Federal Government of Nigeria need to cut state government allocation by more than 60%, let them go and think and stop depending on sharing of national cake.

Then beyond the government, I wonder why everybody in Nigeria want to own a shop to sell something but count the number of people with commercial farms, nearly zero.

Is oil really a curse?

1 Like

Re: I Have A Big Question: What Is Stopping Governors Of The 36 States Of Nigeria by Esude007: 3:00pm On Jul 05
Nobody to pass the knowledge to them in a way there will understand.

Nigeria politicians are surrounded by wolfs.

You will see the commissioner of agriculture is a business administration graduate without any agro background.

So what do u expect.

A popular polish saying goes like this: " if the farmers are poor, the country is poor"

That's the problem with our agricultural sector.
Re: I Have A Big Question: What Is Stopping Governors Of The 36 States Of Nigeria by mencer(m): 5:56pm On Jul 05
Nigerian politicians only want to embark on short term projects that would give immediate accolades while the re still in office ..... they have no plans for the future ....
Re: I Have A Big Question: What Is Stopping Governors Of The 36 States Of Nigeria by stagger: 8:42pm On Jul 05
emmanueln2023:
I have a big question:

What is Stopping Governors of the 36 States of Nigeria and FCT from Establishing Large Scale Commercial Farms?

The above is a critical research topic for MSC & PHD students to consider for their research and we at PSSL will be glad to collaborate (WhatsApp: +234-706-818-0074)

The rate of food inflation in Nigeria is currently unimaginable and food insecurity looms with high rate of poverty, poor standard of living and other sad stories which can be nipped in the bud through agricultural investment.

It is sad that state governors have turned to taxing the citizens heavily as a way of raising Internally Generated Revenue and imposing different levies on SMEs. This is not only wrong but shows lack of insight, poor economic planning and lack of initiative.

Some states have water bodies to support irrigation farming, others have large expanse of land which has sadly become hideout for criminal elements; of course, when usage is not optimised, abuse is inevitable.

The Federal Government of Nigeria need to cut state government allocation by more than 60%, let them go and think and stop depending on sharing of national cake.

Then beyond the government, I wonder why everybody in Nigeria want to own a shop to sell something but count the number of people with commercial farms, nearly zero.

Is oil really a curse?

Go back and find out what happened to Songhai Rivers that Rotimi Amaechi started. The farm was set up and managed by Songhai Farms in Benin and handed back to the government with a N25 million monthly revenue.

Trust the Nigerians and the government people in whose hands that project was left.
Re: I Have A Big Question: What Is Stopping Governors Of The 36 States Of Nigeria by epainos: 2:51am On Jul 06
Nigeria's fundamental problem is rooted in its families. Everyone who has taken on leadership in Nigeria comes from a family with a major problem: corruption. There is a need to promote honesty and "what is expected from individuals" in every one of us. The real solution lies in achieving the objectives of "moral instructions" and "citizen education." And I believe three areas are required to achieve the objectives.

1. Technology to deter and apprehend offenders.
2. An excellent judiciary to punish offenders and a separate commission to reward good citizens.
3. A complete reorganisation of our correctional facilities to ensure that unrepentant people are imprisoned indefinitely or until they repent. To have a positive impact on humanity, at least 90% of our correctional facility residents must leave with a new attitude.

For example, installing cameras everywhere will reduce crime and make the security department's job much easier. Those apprehended are brought to court, where they are fairly tried and sentenced, with no one allowed to use money to get out of the situation. The majority of offenders should go through the correctional process and come out changed.

The day we see that we need to achieve the above and want to do it is the day we will start making progress. Trust me, everyone will sit tight. However, not everyone has understood it. Even the OP, who has asked this question, would most likely act irrationally and steal funds if he held a political or high-ranking civil servant position.

This is why the few who understand moral instruction and continue to be guided by it (we still have them) deliberately choose to be financially, emotionally, and psychologically detached from Nigeria, even if they live in Nigeria, or they choose to relocate elsewhere.

(1) (Reply)

New Galvanise Cages Available / Feed Cutting Machine / Call /whatsapp 08026992012 For Ur Old Layers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.