Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,889 members, 7,976,314 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 04:08 AM

I Will Prefer To Go To My Private Hospital Than Use The Company’s HMO! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Will Prefer To Go To My Private Hospital Than Use The Company’s HMO! (154 Views)

I'm Ready To Sue One Of The Biggest Private Hospital In Lagos / Abia Closes Private Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients / Blood Comes Out Of My Private Part At Night, Please Help!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Prefer To Go To My Private Hospital Than Use The Company’s HMO! by Lawricast(m): 2:07pm On Jul 05
Health Maintenance organisation (HMO) is a health insurance plan that provides health services to staff and their families, as well as access to doctors and hospitals within its network. It is one of the privileges one gets from working with a firm. There are different health plan packages for staff according to their ranks at work, funded by the organisation.
But it is so sad the way some of these HMO’s partners treat staff that needs urgent medical attention. After presenting their company’s HMO ID card to them, some will spend hours trying to verify the staff, some will not issue the right and complete medicine to staff but will prefer to sell it to their patients that are paying instantly. For minor issues like headaches or body pain, you will be referred to do a blood test to increase the medical bills they will send to the organisation. At times, during a critical medical condition, you will have to be delayed more to get approval if they can issue you a particular medication.
These services are not free, for God's sake! but in order not to look as if one is begging for medical attention, staff prefer to pay to get instant service or buy any medication outside after they get the doctor’s prescription. The lives of every staff and that of their family matter. I write to company’s HR and HMO to look into these issues critically.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can One Donate Blood For Money In Ibadan / Esthetician And Dermatologist Your Advise Is Needed Please / Ask Me More About Stemcell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.