Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,322 members, 7,971,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 01:46 AM

SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) (18821 Views)

Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria / Trump Denies Inciting Capitol Riots, Claims Senate Has No Power To Impeach Him / 100 Days Of Hell, Remembering The Rwanda Genocide In Harrowing Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 12:41am On Jul 06
WorWorBoy:
grin grin Hey you Shaka Zulu. I am not the one seeking for attention like a love struck clown on a Nigerian form,you keep seeking for attention here,like a little boy who needs daddy approval. grin grin

You South Africans can deny all Nigerians to your kuvkiland for all I care, I've no intentions of visiting Limpopo. grin grin

Mr Japagerian, what's your success rate been trying to chat up South Africans on fb just hoping you can get a visa☹️☹️☹️. Or whats your real intention over there - is it you trying to do what you guys are best known for that gets you locked up in jails 🇳🇬😉😉😉.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by WorWorBoy: 1:44am On Jul 06
WannaHowzit:

Mr Japagerian, what's your success rate been trying to chat up South Africans on fb just hoping you can get a visa☹️☹️☹️. Or whats your real intention over there - is it you trying to do what you guys are best known for that gets you locked up in jails 🇳🇬😉😉😉.

Chat up with who?🙃 Me a Nigerian chatting with a black South African?🤢 God no lol.🤦 It's your own people (women) who keeps disturbing me on Facebook like the way bees chase honey. But don't despair, I've no intentions of getting acquittance with drugs addicted midgets. wink

10 Likes

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 2:18am On Jul 06
WorWorBoy:
Chat up with who?🙃 Me a Nigerian chatting with a black South African?🤢 God no lol.🤦 It's your own people (women) who keeps disturbing me on Facebook like the way bees chase honey. But don't despair, I've no intentions of getting acquittance with drugs addicted midgets. wink

They chat you up by complaining they don't have electricity (like u claimed before)? shocked shocked shocked

Your Japagerian brain 💩 is clearly having more load shedding than nepa - and nepa loadsh*ts 95% of the time 🇳🇬👎🏾😂😂😂. So you're functioning on 5% mental capacity which is very evident.

4 Likes

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by Dwightventures(m): 1:02pm On Jul 06
I don't engage Nigerians anymore. I only mock. After wasting precious time discussing with them and the people they worship as their leaders to see the light, I realised you do need eyes in order to see the light. My best estimate is they don't have. There's less time for me in life to be further wasting on them. I'm now trying to save myself if it's not even too late for me

1 Like

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by WorWorBoy: 12:11am On Jul 07
WannaHowzit:

They chat you up by complaining they don't have electricity (like u claimed before)? shocked shocked shocked

Your Japagerian brain 💩 is clearly having more load shedding than nepa - and nepa loadsh*ts 95% of the time 🇳🇬👎🏾😂😂😂. So you're functioning on 5% mental capacity which is very evident.
This drug addicted, Zulu, junkie thinks everything evolves around his shit hole of a country. undecided A Mustafa with cow dung for a brain, I have no interest in your smelling country. I could said you are looking for a way to get visa to Nigeria,to escape the madness and HIV of your country,since you are always on a Nigerian form seeking and stalking us for our approval,you see how that works now shaka Zulu?🚶🚶

8 Likes

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by Graysons: 12:32am On Jul 07
WannaHowzit:

This South African gorilla thinks people are dying to go to his useless country but the truth is, even you monkeys are running away from that shit hole called South African.Isn't it the reason why you are here? You are looking for a way to run from the most dangerous county in the world South Africa.🇿🇦👹👹

2 Likes

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 4:09am On Jul 07
Graysons:
This South African gorilla thinks people are dying to go to his useless country but the truth is, even you monkeys are running away from that shit hole called South African.Isn't it the reason why you are here? You are looking for a way to run from the most dangerous county in the world South Africa.🇿🇦👹👹

⤵️🇳🇬👎🏾💩💩💩

1 Like

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 4:11am On Jul 07
WorWorBoy:
ToThis drug addicted, Zulu, junkie thinks everything evolves around his shit hole of a country. undecided A Mustafa with cow dung for a brain, I have no interest in your smelling country. I could said you are looking for a way to get visa to Nigeria,to escape the madness and HIV of your country,since you are always on a Nigerian form seeking and stalking us for our approval,you see how that works now shaka Zulu?🚶🚶

How ironic we're in this thread about SA electricity - I just saw on frontpage your grid totally collapsed for the 4th time this year 🇳🇬👎🏾💩💩💩⤵️

4 Likes

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 8:53am On Jul 07
1Sharon:
Never knew powercuts were a thing in SA

We never knew we would experience such until last year or so ...it's still weird though and I don't see it "fully fixed"anytime soon because it's part of our own script towards the global collapse , and it's coming to a city near you grin. JewK and Canada will see similar levels of "incompetence " soon ...as they're test tubes of the West...the State of Texas had theirs a few years back ....the state of New York is up next ...watch the space grin. Them people ain't smiling with any type of people, this time they're coming for everybody.

Klaus schwab: " No one will be left behind in our efforts to shape a new equal world" grin.

1 Like

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by 1Sharon(f): 4:23pm On Jul 07
Lionessza6:

We never knew we would experience such until last year or so ...it's still weird though and I don't see it "fully fixed"anytime soon because it's part of our own script towards the global collapse , and it's coming to a city near you grin. JewK and Canada will see similar levels of "incompetence " soon ...as they're test tubes of the West...the State of Texas had theirs a few years back ....the state of New York is up next ...watch the space grin. Them people ain't smiling with any type of people, this time they're coming for everybody.

Klaus schwab: " No one will be left behind in our efforts to shape a new equal world" grin.

Well. I don't know what to say grin
Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by WorWorBoy: 10:59pm On Jul 08
WannaHowzit:

How ironic we're in this thread about SA electricity - I just saw on frontpage your grid totally collapsed for the 4th time this year 🇳🇬👎🏾💩💩💩⤵️
Incase you Zulu idiot brain can process anything, let me break it down for you. You are on a Nigerian form, not South African form or Zulu land,you are not even meant to be here,let it sink into that banana banana head of yours.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by Graysons: 11:02pm On Jul 08
WannaHowzit:

⤵️🇳🇬👎🏾💩💩💩
And you had to do it on a Nigerian form? grin grin Wtf an south African abomination like you is doing here? We don't want you here,stop forcing your unholy self on us,you Zulu monkeys are too dumb to create a platform for yourselves? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by SaintBishop: 11:10pm On Jul 08
WannaHowzit:

This one is busy sharping his smelling mouth on a Nigerian form, something is useless, good for nothing useless, Manzi animals can't even create. Mother fvcker,you are not needed here,when will a dumb buffalo like you get it?

4 Likes

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by callmevirus(m): 12:35pm On Jul 09
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

Yes that's true no more loadshedding
Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by joseph1832(m): 12:36pm On Jul 09
WannaHowzit:
South Africans nearly had heart attacks on Thursday morning when the EskomSePush mobile app sent a push notification on Thursday, but for a change, they came bearing good news as they celebrated 100 days of no load shedding (no planned power cuts).

The power utility Eskom said this period of stability is attributed to its efforts in enhancing the reliability and performance of its coal generation fleet.

The last instance of such an extended suspension dates back to the covid pandemic period between July 23, 2021, and October 6, 2021. The past three years have been the worst in terms of load shedding since it started in the mid 2000s.

“Our operational efficiency continues to exceed expectations, with current unplanned outages still averaging 12,000MW, and today’s recorded at 10,839MW, well below the winter forecast,” said Eskom spokesperson, Daphne Mokwena.

She said Eskom remained committed to effectively managing electricity demand during peak times.

“Our strategic use of peaking stations, including the Open-Cycle Gas Turbines (OCGTs), has been instrumental in meeting the heightened demand, particularly during evening peaks (from 5pm to 10pm).

“Notably, our diesel consumption has stayed under the projected figures for this winter and is considerably lower than the previous year’s usage,” she said.

Mokwena said their winter forecast, which was published on April 26, 2024, anticipated a likely scenario of unplanned outages at 15,500MW and load shedding limited to Stage 2 of a possible 8 stages. She said Eskom’s outlook for winter remained at Stage 2 load shedding.

Mokwena said with the arrival of colder weather and the consequent increase in electricity demand, the power utility will be addressing the recurring challenge of network overloading in certain regions.

Mokwena said this issue is largely attributed to illegal connections, vandalism, meter tampering, unauthorised network operations, theft of network equipment, and the purchase of electricity from unlicensed vendors/sellers.

“To avert potential dangers to public safety and the risk of network overloading—which could lead to load reduction measures and extended unplanned power outages—Eskom strongly encourages customers to moderate their electricity usage during the suspension of load shedding.

“It is also imperative that customers verify their electrical connections are lawful and that they procure electricity solely from authorised vendors,” Mokwena said.

Meanwhile, business has welcomed Kgosientsho Ramokgopa’s reappointment as electricity minister in the new Government of National Unity. Ramokgopa has also been given added responsibility as the energy portfolio was also given to him.

Eskom has appeared to be functioning better since the appointment of Ramokgopa as electricity minister in March last year and that of Eskom group chief executive, Dan Marokane, who started the job in January.
I thought South Africa has interrupted power supply. Whoa. What a revelation.
Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by wunmi590(m): 12:37pm On Jul 09

Nigeria left the group chat

1 Like

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by Globalhustler(m): 12:39pm On Jul 09
Congrats to them, let them donate their power banks and generators to us here. Our national grid dey collapse after every 3 market days.

Samsung galaxy S21 ultra 5G available for sale.
0.7039450095. kindly DM whatsapp/call Ikeja, Lagos

1 Like

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by Naz34(m): 12:41pm On Jul 09
Abeg. Who is this maluuu that is always pushing SA news into Nairaland all the time. Wetin their matter dey always find for nairaland !. Abi dont they have SAland or Forum down south.
Na wa for una o
Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by SALLYBERRY01(m): 12:43pm On Jul 09
Congratulations

We supply and install a wide gamut of Artificial Grass Turf in Lagos Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by article1: 12:45pm On Jul 09
No problem, soon Nigeria will celebrate 365days of uninterrupted power supply too. PBAT is equal to the task grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by rayvelez(m): 12:45pm On Jul 09
We are still counting the number of times our national grid breakdown lol

1 Like

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by dkidd: 12:50pm On Jul 09
1Sharon:
Never knew powercuts were a thing in SA
Even in the US there's power cuts due to some extreme weather conditions. But unlike Nigeria power cuts and outages can happen because of mood swings undecided

2 Likes

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by idanone(m): 12:52pm On Jul 09
God dey sha, if we can't copy the best then we should not be the worst.
Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by Obiedun(m): 12:52pm On Jul 09
South Africa got independence in 2010 and Nigeria in 1960
Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by Abigera(m): 12:52pm On Jul 09
WOW... that's good for the people of South Africa, while Nigeria the giants of Africa can't celebrate 2 hours of no outage.

Who do us this things

2 Likes

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by 123yes(m): 12:52pm On Jul 09
When you see leaders that are serious to govern their people you will know. Nigeria leaders are not serious to provide true leadership to the masses.

1 Like

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by dkidd: 12:52pm On Jul 09
Naz34:
Abeg. Who is this maluuu that is always pushing SA news into Nairaland all the time. Wetin their matter dey always find for nairaland !. Abi dont they have SAland or Forum down south.
Na wa for una o
U are old enough to use ur brains na. Try stop this ur imbe.cilic attitude

1 Like

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by KingCold: 12:53pm On Jul 09
Naz34:
Abeg. Who is this maluuu that is always pushing SA news into Nairaland all the time Wetin their matter dey always find for nairaland !. Abi dont they have SAland or Forum down south.
Na wa for una o
The mods know you gonna start insulting South Africans whenever you see a thread about them, and the South Africans will insult back therefore creating traffic and participation for their forum. Genius if you aks me. cool

1 Like

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by MDK777: 12:53pm On Jul 09
They can lie
Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by OBA117(m): 12:55pm On Jul 09
That's great!
Nigeria will get there someday.

Re: SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) by ChristCee: 12:55pm On Jul 09
Dwightventures:
I was in South Africa some 20 some years ago. For 5 months, no outage for one minute. Black man was only just starting to take over to begin ruining the country. In the years since he has proven his mettle.

Keep on blaming others for your low level. Anywhere you see descendants of Western Europeans, they all remain on same level of development -- even inside the backward continent. Same thing anywhere you see our people, boya na Haiti or Nigeria.

What a sorry race
Facts!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists / IDF: We Have FULL Control Of The Philadelphi Corridor on the Gaza-Egypt Border / U.S. Wins Case To Seize Russian Superyacht In Fiji.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.