Stats: 3,185,109 members, 7,925,496 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 04:43 PM

NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy (25545 Views)

My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) / JAMB: How A Lost Sim Has Put My Brother In Jeopardy / DSA Of Covenant University Scraps 1000 Students Bushy Hair. Nigerians Reacts (2) (3) (4)

Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by Fkj202004: 11:23pm On Jul 05
Omalicious1:

I knew this would happen, after that Dunamis Church saga

This doesn't relate to the church Saga.

NOUN has issued a memo since early last year about the closure of the programme advising all students still in the programme to make sure they pass and round up their programme.

Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by Fkj202004: 11:25pm On Jul 05
Enskynelson:

Quite easy to say this.
The last Law Undergraduate Student was admitted before 2017, probably 2015 was the last time. They stopped admitting new students and gave the time between the and now for those in the program.me to round up. Maybe the time given wasn't enough though. While it is painful to o begin and not finish, it wasn't like NOUN didn't try to make sure all that are willing to finish up did finish up the programme.

3m to study Law in NOUN 😂 ... Kai... This is a very big fat lie. Without CO, it is less than 400k because they are old students who didn't have to pay the new fees in NOUN.

Thank you Enskynelson.

This is what I have been trying to say. This is not NOUN's fault

Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by BarrElChapo(m): 11:35pm On Jul 05
Welcomed development cos they were just making a mockery of themselves. Imagine that Dunamis lady that didn’t know she was going to get an LLB at the end of studies, how she wan take pass the bar exams lol
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by ufotunang: 11:45pm On Jul 05
Anguldi:
Council of legal education doesn't recognize NOUN law certificate, meaning you can't go to law school.
I think they want to stop that compliant from students
..did NOUN not know all about that...why are they offering a course in law when they know the law graduate cannot be admitted to law school...that is wickedness
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by ufotunang: 11:47pm On Jul 05
They would had allow the final law students to graduate first and stop admitting new students.. before they would had scrapped the law program

Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by Anguldi(m): 11:50pm On Jul 05
ufotunang:
..did NOUN not know all about that...why are they offering a course in law when they know the law graduate cannot be admitted to law school...that is wickedness
It's sad man angry, I know of this issue since 2015 cry
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by eskuvoisrael(m): 11:57pm On Jul 05
The school should get accreditation from NUC and proceed with the program. Most of the law students are very sound and can compete with conventional universities.

Contact me for fairly used LAPTOP
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by Enskynelson(m): 12:01am On Jul 06
Fkj202004:

Thank you Enskynelson.

This is what I have been trying to say. This is not NOUN's fault
I don't blame them though. They don't know the truth. They made their judgement based on what they read in the report.
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by Xiaohei(m): 12:08am On Jul 06
AVECDEO:
The right thing to do is to transfer them to various law faculties across the nations universities..

what they should be their quest.

It’s improper to study law remotely because it’s an etthical career.

Conduct is also graded alongside with academics.

Is it really proper to sttudy law remotely, will the conduct of the students be tested and checked?

Remotely? Don’t students at NOUN attend classes in person?
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by biggie73(m): 1:01am On Jul 06
missiret:
Aunty that said bsc in law has finally implicated others
...anyone could have made that "bsc" of law error. The country misses the opportunity of showcasing brilliance.
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by biggie73(m): 1:06am On Jul 06
shortgun:

In Nigeria, NOUN is unmatched in upholding academic standards and discipline. There are no opportunities for bribing lecturers or cheating, unlike other universities where grades can be bought by warming a lecturers bed or fueling his car
....one of the many merits of tertiary education in a corrupt country like Nigeria. I wish Nigerian tertiary educational system operates like N.O.U.N system, then few students will study.

Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by richie240: 1:06am On Jul 06
missiret:
That was d first thing that crossed my mind.
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by Kokomaster69: 1:16am On Jul 06
That's Nigeria for you where anything is possible !
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by dfrost: 3:05am On Jul 06
Abee79:

Read my last line

He actually agreed with your last line.

Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by dfrost: 3:07am On Jul 06
Abee79:

I criticize for a living. You wouldn't like to see me in my element 🤣🤣🤣

I love criticism too. It brings out the best in people who look at it positively.
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by blackboy(m): 4:19am On Jul 06
Noun law graduate said she got a Bsc in law. When the pastor now questioned her authenticity ppl vex. Tomorrow ppl will say testimony in church is arangeee

Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by opeldavid: 4:57am On Jul 06
Chaiii.....That sister with testimony in dumamis and her Bsc in law. Both she & the pastor have finally exposed the school & other students to ridicule.
Note- not everything that happens to you needs open testimony. E get why.

Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by eldoradoxx: 5:20am On Jul 06
Law is a professional course that can't be handled by NOUN. I have been around law students back then in university, it takes consistent attendance to lectures, research, mock trials etc to grapple with and graduate. You can't do law through distance learning that NOUN offers, it is a course that requires your attention 2-4-7, NOUN which offers once a week lecture to undergrads is not fitted for it. The conventional university is best for law.

Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by eldoradoxx: 5:23am On Jul 06
ufotunang:
They would had allow the final law students to graduate first and stop admitting new students.. before they would had scrapped the law program
The ones that graduated since have not been allowed to go to law school. I heard law school is refusing to admit them because the quality of their learning at NOUN is below the conventional universities law graduate.
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by Jeffy1206(m): 5:51am On Jul 06
shortgun:

In Nigeria, NOUN is unmatched in upholding academic standards and discipline. There are no opportunities for bribing lecturers or cheating, unlike other universities where grades can be bought by warming a lecturers bed or fueling his car
liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People don't attend classes from beginning to end and they get their grades. I sabi them plenty. 😀😜
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by Trophy12: 6:04am On Jul 06
Refund there money and add to it , for wasting so many years and emotional damage . Make then give me 7million . grin

Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by Blessedarethepe(m): 6:59am On Jul 06
AVECDEO:
The right thing to do is to transfer them to various law faculties across the nations universities..

That they should be their quest.

It’s improper to study law remotely because it’s an etthical career.

Conduct is also graded alongside academics.

Is it really proper to sttudy law remotely, will the conduct of the students be tested and checked?
go and tell our law makers that one
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by Blessedarethepe(m): 7:02am On Jul 06
Jeffy1206:
liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People don't attend classes from beginning to end and they get their grades. I sabi them plenty. 😀😜
they have access to course materials and they could study on their own.....and they could later go back to watch these videos again and even download them.......even in conventional which I have experienced before enrolling with noun, what's special? Lecturers don't teach, they only come to show you the way.......which is similar to the live video class of noun........the rest lies on the students. wise up bro
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by OKEIYIOKODU: 7:04am On Jul 06
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by MrLibrarian(m): 7:15am On Jul 06
tunjijones:
Na because of that woman whey go give testimony for dunamis make NUC scrap law for open uni
missiret:
but you won't blame her cos the school portal when checked had "bsc" as a Lawdegree program instead of LL.B (Bachelor of Laws)
GabHarrincot:

I came to this thread in search of this comment. I knew Nigerians can never disappoint and I was right
Lol see the rest below grin
tunjijones:
Na because of that woman whey go give testimony for dunamis make NUC scrap law for open uni
missiret:

opeldavid:
Chaiii.....That sister with testimony in dumamis and her Bsc in law. Both she & the pastor have finally exposed the school & other students to ridicule.
Note- not everything that happens to you needs open testimony. E get why.
ppogba:
They want to deny people who have Bsc in Law an opportunity to testify in church
Adonisty:
It's because of that lady that disgraced the institution when she said she got BSc in Law.
EdiskyHarry:
Sad, just one woman putting hundreds of innocent people in trouble
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by Sermwell(m): 7:19am On Jul 06
Anguldi:
Council of legal education doesn't recognize NOUN law certificate, meaning you can't go to law school.
I think they want to stop that compliant from students
You guys just open mouth waaaaaah!! I finished from law school with a lot of students from NOUN!! One of them was even my roommate at Lagos law school Campus!
My little sis is on her externship now. She finished from NOUN
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by MrLibrarian(m): 7:20am On Jul 06
Sermwell:

You guys just open mouth waaaaaah!! I finished from law school with a lot of students from NOUN!! One of them was even my roommate at Lagos law school Campus!
but you that finished from UNIBEN difference go dey.
It's always obvious.
The institution of learning so matters
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by Sermwell(m): 7:22am On Jul 06
Fineman2:
it has nothing to do with that lady
It has a lot do with with her! Do you know the extent of reputational damage that incident caused the school?

I even saw it coming! They are trying to avoid any future occurrence!
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by Sermwell(m): 7:27am On Jul 06
MrLibrarian:
but you that finished from UNIBEN difference go dey.
It's always obvious.
The institution of learning so matters
Those guys have poor grasp of law! My roommate who finished from NOUN failed the Bar exam at law school. He went for a resit and failed. I don't don't know if he has passed now since he stopped taking my calls.
My little sis case would be different by God's Grace. I have been giving her good tutorials and adequate materials on Law. I hope she comes out well at the law school

Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by Anguldi(m): 7:34am On Jul 06
Sermwell:

My bad,

https://africachinapresscentre.org/2023/07/25/legal-education-council-to-admit-first-noun-graduates-for-law-school-course/

https://punchng.com/tinubu-directs-inclusion-of-noun-graduates-in-nysc-scheme-law-school/

I knew about the issue years back. Kudos to the federal government
Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by MrLibrarian(m): 7:37am On Jul 06
Sermwell:

Those guys have poor grasp of law! My roommate who finished from NOUN failed the Bar exam at law school. He went for a resit and failed. I don't don't know if he has passed now since he stopped taking my calls.
My little sis case would be different by God's Grace. I have been giving her good tutorials and adequate materials on Law. I hope she comes out well at the law school
my elder brother finished at CRESCENT.
failed law school twice and finally gave up.
He later blamed the school he graduated from.
How many times can one sit for the exams?

Re: NOUN Scraps Law Programme, Leaves Over 1000 Students' Career In Jeopardy by BalogunIdowu(m): 7:50am On Jul 06
Fineman2:
This is unfair and unacceptable, what will happen to these students now, NOUN should have allowed them to graduate and stop admitting new students

Why should a federal university like NOUN be having so much problems than private and State universities

I think for a University like like NOUN, they should just hold on regular courses and not the high demanding ones.

Like them wanting to do engineering, medicine etc...

Russia-ukrainan War: Sokoto Students Now In Budapest, Says Tambuwal / The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) / UNIPORT's Best Student Of Pediatrics Receives Her N250 Prize Money After 2 Years

Viewing this topic: JimmySwaggart(m)