Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,973 members, 7,938,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 02:47 PM

Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers (35591 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Three Justices That Sat On Appeal Court Panel Transferred / How We Spent N80m On Lawmakers’ Wives Dubai Trip β€” Lagos Speaker, Obasa / Rep Unisa Speak On Lawmakers’ Move To Unseat Speaker Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by bixton(m): 7:44am On Jul 06
Ojuntana:

But Ngozi Iweala showed a written note from Jonathan as reason she moved $2.1bn to Dasuki's office and she was left off the hook. Can you explain why based on your deep knowledge of Nigeria civil and public service rule

Do you know the contents of that note. I am sure the office of Dasuki must have also sent her a note from someone in the Presidency and what she presented was a cover note.

Now, she produced that note based on her position she had a sum value limit as to the amount of money she can approve within her powers vested upon her from that office.
Beyond that it requires the President's approval before it can scale.
Now, these persons here are not career officers in the Nigerian Civil and Public Service.
Remember even OBJ said if anyone is to investigate his former Ministers especially people like her, he should be the one to be held responsible if there is any crime.

Do you remember the case of one fromer CJN Onnoghen that was suspended and removed during PMB first tenure and replaced with the other person from the North. I'm sure you do remember the allegation(s) that was used to remove him from office which wasn't the actual thing that got him in the bad books of the government.

There are certain amounts of monies that has to follow appropriate channels before approval even before it gets to the office of the AG, can Fubara say all those he said his Boss told him to approve followed the right channels?

Do you also think Fubara will be left off the hook if the authorities come to do their auditing? People will definitely say it's witch hunting if they start.

1 Like

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by Ojuntana: 8:01am On Jul 06
bixton:

Do you know the contents of that note. I am sure the office of Dasuki must have also sent her a note from someone in the Presidency and what she presented was a cover note.

Now, she produced that note based on her position she had a sum value limit as to the amount of money she can approve within her powers vested upon her from that office.
Beyond that it requires the President's approval before it can scale.
Now, these persons here are not career officers in the Nigerian Civil and Public Service.
Remember even OBJ said if anyone is to investigate his former Ministers especially people like her, he should be the one to be held responsible if there is any crime.

Do you remember the case of one fromer CJN Onnoghen that was suspended and removed during PMB first tenure and replaced with the other person from the North. I'm sure you do remember the allegation(s) that was used to remove him from office which wasn't the actual thing that got him in the bad books of the government.

There are certain amounts of monies that has to follow appropriate channels before approval even before it gets to the office of the AG, can Fubara say all those he said his Boss told him to approve followed the right channels?

Do you also think Fubara will be left off the hook if the authorities come to do their auditing? People will definitely say it's witch hunting if they start.
You did not answer my question and you did not show that you know the difference between accountant and treasurer.
Again, Okonjo Iweala released $2.1bn without appropriation to the ONSA. When interrogated, she showed written approval from former president Jonathan. Juxtapose this with the fubara case and explain how it is different in line with public service rules. That's what I asked you since you claimed to know so much about it.
Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by Difrent: 8:03am On Jul 06
phantom:

You misunderstood me. Its part of the game. πŸ˜‚

And you think the other side is foolish abi

People that sidelined experienced and loyal politicians to make an accountant general to become governor also know the way to make him lose the seat.

Don't be too confident in whatever plans you have , remember no enemy knows you better than an enemy that used to be a friend

1 Like

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by EngrKemp: 8:05am On Jul 06
Cherrybae:

Your momsyyyyy is the akuna
Not mine but yours and u.

Useless unmannered girl
Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by bixton(m): 9:15am On Jul 06
Ojuntana:

You did not answer my question and you did not show that you know the difference between accountant and treasurer.
Again, Okonjo Iweala released $2.1bn without appropriation to the ONSA. When interrogated, she showed written approval from former president Jonathan. Juxtapose this with the fubara case and explain how it is different in line with public service rules. That's what I asked you since you claimed to know so much about it.

Well let's just wait till the dice is rolled and events makes Fubara to release documents he said he has for such approvals.
Then let the security agencies and the courts do their own. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by henroe2k2(m): 9:48am On Jul 06
phantom:
Vague statement... oga no wan cast update.. πŸ˜‚ say case go drag sotey....

Fear quiet men o! πŸ˜‚

I pity Martins and his friends... dem go go court tire... Oko jumbo has gone to the supreme court to decide JURISDICTION and not the main matter... supreme court will tell them go back to the FHC and file proper court processes... πŸ˜‚... meanwhile time dey go...

Justice okorowo matter still dey pending... the game is the game.. whoever is advising fubara is a mafian i swear... πŸ˜‚... look at him sounding defeated but he knows what he's doing.

Meanwhile, appeal court said all parties back to status quo antebellum.... that is the state of things before the case at the SHC . What was the state of things then? Oko jumbo was already speaker .. so we are back to the impasse. πŸ˜‚

Look at order 3... it says all parties go back to status quo antebellum.. that is the state of affairs before the matter was instituted at the state high court.

Now Oko jumbo became speaker 8th May.... the order by Wali was given 10th May so what is status quo antebellum πŸ˜‚

The appeal court was careful not to grant any of the prayers Martins requested that had to do with the meat of the matter like asking the court to remove oko jumbo as speaker and render his actions as null and void. That language was not used. The AC avoided granting amewhulee prayers as that would amount to deciding the main matter that should rightly start from the FHC.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer but it appears like common sense to me. Let the lawyers in the house dispute me.i'm willing to be corrected . πŸ˜‚

The ruling of the court of appeal is very clear.

The court says Status Quo Ante Bellum should be maintained and that simply means parties should go back to the situation in existence before the ruling of the state high court. Thereby setting aside the ruling of the rivers state high court. Because the state court lacks the jurisdiction to try the matter brought before it.

The case the state high court ruled on is that the defected members of the rivers state house of assembly are still members of the
State house of assembly as well as those other three members of the house of assembly. And they can parade themselves as members of the house of assembly.

Both factions still exists. And as a matter of fact either of the parties can bring the matter to the appeal court to be tried....

Funny enough, the situation in the state house of assembly still lingers and has not been put to rest...

1 Like

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by Cherrybae(f): 9:53am On Jul 06
EngrKemp:

Not mine but yours and u.

Useless unmannered girl

E pain you well well.

Otu nnegi dere
Amusing nnagi dere
Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by phantom(m): 10:23am On Jul 06
ZIAZI:

You always dey analyze legal issues with emotions. Why you dey give people hope?πŸ˜‚

What was the position of things before the matter was instituted at the SHC I will tell you for free.

1. Justice Omotosho of the FHC recognised Amaewhule as the legitimate Speak of RSHA against the imposter, Edison Ehie and his group of jokers.
2. Edison Ehie as well as this current juvenile assembly members including Oko Jumbo were suspended by Amaewhule even before Omotosho's ruling.
3. The ruling of the FHC (The court with original jurisdiction on the issue) has not been vacated by a superior court.
4. The Court of Appeal nullified the judgement of Justice Wali, stating that it lacks jurisdiction to remove Amaewhule.
What then is the status quo any bellum ?

Besides, Sim is playing no game! Oga is scared and simply playing the victim card. While they are on the issue of jurisdiction at the Supreme Court even when they understand the law, the FHC has already entertained the matter and given a ruling.
Guess what? That ruling is BINDING!

Please go and read the prayers sought in omotosho and the ruling...Neither omotosho or any other judge of the Federal High Court has dealt with the meat of thus matter which is have they defected or not and consequently where the circumstances of declaring their seats vacant IN ORDER?

I ve listened to most senior lawyers on this matter and NONE has agreed this issue was definitively put to rest by any Federal High Court ruling..

I would love to see the CTC of Omotosho's ruling. ...
Remember, that there are lots of cases on this issue including that of Justice okorowo that is still ongoing and hasn't been put to rest.. In that case I'm particular, Martins and co either the PDP deposed to an affidavit that they had left the PDP. They are reluctant to pursue that case because it will sink them.

Look, this matter is far from over. The person who asked those guts to defect didn't do them well and it was due to Wikes delusions of grandeur... his overinflated sense of self importance.
These guys will be embroiled in a plethora of cases till 3 years is up.
Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by Sitmr: 10:24am On Jul 06

1 Like

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by Sitmr: 10:27am On Jul 06

1 Like

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by Ojuntana: 10:32am On Jul 06
bixton:

Well let's just wait till the dice is rolled and events makes Fubara to release documents he said he has for such approvals.
Then let the security agencies and the courts do their own. Thanks.
Better. Next time don't go saying what you don't know just to defend politicians
Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by phantom(m): 10:32am On Jul 06
Sitmr:

Why are you still arguing blindly

Can you not read? The judge had to specifically clarify for slow people like you and still yet you can't understand simple English.

Why do you need lawyers to interprete what has been written in plain English for you.

What is wrong with some of you?

Does this remove Oko jumbo as speaker? What did the appeal court say on the main prayers asked by Martins? Una don dey give me headache... πŸ˜‚.
Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by Sitmr: 10:35am On Jul 06

1 Like

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by phantom(m): 10:38am On Jul 06
Sitmr:

I believe you can read. See attached screenshot.

Status quo antebellum is status before dispute. Not the status before the case at SHC.

Foolbara was sounding defeated and rightly so. It's over.

Please read the underlined. Should I draw pictures for you? You posted something that you yourself cannot comprehend.

The underlined simply means status quo antebellum

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by phantom(m): 10:39am On Jul 06
Sitmr:

Yes it does. Read it again. I have highlighted where it removes Oko Jumbo for you. What position are the judges referring to here?

God has given you a brain. Now's the time for you to start using it.

Oko jumbo emerged speaker on the 8th... the Wali order was on the 10th.. go and see who was listed as speaker of the house on the documents filed at court... πŸ˜‚
Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by ComeToJesus: 10:40am On Jul 06
straighttalk:
Proverbial drowning man clutching to a straw for survival

You Nigerians support evil and wonder why evil dwells with you.

Is it ok for a former governor to be breathing down the neck of a sitting governor?

That Agbero has damaged Rivers and is presently trying to damage Abuja and uou are displaying your idiocy here..

1 Like

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by Sitmr: 10:42am On Jul 06

1 Like

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by phantom(m): 10:50am On Jul 06
Sitmr:

What positions is the court asking the appelant(Martin Amaewhule and others) to return to?

Justice Wali said Oko Jumbo is the speaker, who would have been listed as the speaker in the documents filed at the appeal court

Your foolishness is beyond human comprehension.

My brother, the law is an ass... very soon you'll understand that statement.
Oko jumbo is just buying time. Infact, he would have not commenced any action at the Supreme Court and nothing will happen ,
Amaewhule is still the aggrieved "speaker" who is not recognised because he and his cohorts still TILL TODAY have not convinced any court that they didn't defect and should still keep their seats.. they are depending on issues of jurisdiction to still hang in there but it's not possible.

The governor doesn't recognise them so they MUST GET A DEFINITIVE RESOLUTION on the state of their seats..
Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by Sitmr: 10:56am On Jul 06

1 Like

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by Segun2222: 11:03am On Jul 06
Asgard13:
One thing is clear as air

Fubara will complete his 8 years and still have his man succeed him

E sure

Yoruba and their new god can go to place of the fallen and call on their new god Wike for more magic ..

Plus Wike minus Yoruba people

Wike will be retired from rivers soon.

The hate alone from his people .. fit make an relicate to Yoruba land for Yoruba love grin
other tribes live in you peoples head rent free

1 Like

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by yarimo(m): 11:32am On Jul 06
Ojuntana:

Same clown that supports yahaya Bello is telling people to resign
How many times did you tell Bello to resign when he refused to pay workers their salary
Bunch of hypocrites
Ok
Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by phantom(m): 11:38am On Jul 06
Sitmr:

I don't have time for arguments that are all over the place. Look for someone else to do that with you.

When you're ready to tell us the positions the appeal court judges asked Martin and 25 others to return to, you let me know.

Oga, what was the state of things prior to the may 10th ruling? Martins and co were busy making laws parading themselves as lawmakers even though their seats had been declared vacant(an order by the legislative not vacated by any court till date). πŸ˜‚.. that is the status quo we are returning to. Maybe they will find shade under one mango tree to hold plenary, make laws and over ride the governor as usual.. meanwhile the governor is working with assembly members whose seats have not been declared vacant. Its very simple. .. when they tired of making fools of themselves, na them go use their hand go Federal High Court for clarity the same FHC where their affidavits are littered everywhere.

Bros leave matter... its a long legal battle. Defecting was a big error!!!
Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by maasoap(m): 11:44am On Jul 06
phantom:
Vague statement... oga no wan cast update.. πŸ˜‚ say case go drag sotey....

Fear quiet men o! πŸ˜‚

I pity Martins and his friends... dem go go court tire... Oko jumbo has gone to the supreme court to decide JURISDICTION and not the main matter... supreme court will tell them go back to the FHC and file proper court processes... πŸ˜‚... meanwhile time dey go...

Justice okorowo matter still dey pending... the game is the game.. whoever is advising fubara is a mafian i swear... πŸ˜‚... look at him sounding defeated but he knows what he's doing.

Meanwhile, appeal court said all parties back to status quo antebellum.... that is the state of things before the case at the SHC . What was the state of things then? Oko jumbo was already speaker .. so we are back to the impasse. πŸ˜‚

Look at order 3... it says all parties go back to status quo antebellum.. that is the state of affairs before the matter was instituted at the state high court.

Now Oko jumbo became speaker 8th May.... the order by Wali was given 10th May so what is status quo antebellum πŸ˜‚

The appeal court was careful not to grant any of the prayers Martins requested that had to do with the meat of the matter like asking the court to remove oko jumbo as speaker and render his actions as null and void. That language was not used. The AC avoided granting amewhulee prayers as that would amount to deciding the main matter that should rightly start from the FHC.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer but it appears like common sense to me. Let the lawyers in the house dispute me.i'm willing to be corrected . πŸ˜‚

Too much empty talk

1 Like

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by maasoap(m): 11:47am On Jul 06
Asgard13:
One thing is clear as air

Fubara will complete his 8 years and still have his man succeed him

E sure

Yoruba and their new god can go to place of the fallen and call on their new god Wike for more magic ..

Plus Wike minus Yoruba people

Wike will be retired from rivers soon.

The hate alone from his people .. fit make an relicate to Yoruba land for Yoruba love grin

Four years? May be. Eight years? Impossible. He will go down just like some of his colleagues who came before him. E.g. Ambode grin grin grin
Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by maasoap(m): 11:48am On Jul 06
Goodvibes007:

Exactly.
He sounded defeated. He basically said that he was leaving it to God.
Yeah, defeated and confused. His gas is getting low
Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by Sitmr: 11:55am On Jul 06

1 Like

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by billyG(m): 2:38pm On Jul 06
Zico5:
Tinubu is truly living by his name. Crippling and pocketing the judiciary through instrument of government. To be sincere, anyone that support Wike with his penchant for thuggery and anti people is truly an enemy of state. With glaring evidence that the man want to be in control of state funds after leaving the office. This really show that average people in nigeria are shameless and very corrupt. I pray people of Rivers state take law into their hands and serve him his medicine.
This fight is about controlling d state war chest & nothing else.
Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by bixton(m): 2:41pm On Jul 06
Ojuntana:

Better. Next time don't go saying what you don't know just to defend politicians

When it happens don't go being sentimental about it because you detest one person and like another.

1 Like

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by bixton(m): 2:47pm On Jul 06
phantom:

My brother, the law is an ass... very soon you'll understand that statement.
Oko jumbo is just buying time. Infact, he would have not commenced any action at the Supreme Court and nothing will happen ,
Amaewhule is still the aggrieved "speaker" who is not recognised because he and his cohorts still TILL TODAY have not convinced any court that they didn't defect and should still keep their seats.. they are depending on issues of jurisdiction to still hang in there but it's not possible.

The governor doesn't recognise them so they MUST GET A DEFINITIVE RESOLUTION on the state of their seats..

It is not Amaewhule that will prove that he did not defect . It is those who took him to court will show proof that he actually defected and had right to declare his seat vacant.
This same people are those who were suspended on the floor of the house and are now parading themselves as members of thr house!!!!
Please who lifted up the suspension?
Was it the man who is now as CoS and how many house members were in on the floor when such suspension was lifted?

We seem to be playing around with trifle things and mixing it up because of hatred and dislike for someone.

3 Likes

Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by EngrKemp: 3:01pm On Jul 06
Cherrybae:

E pain you well well.

Otu nnegi dere
Amusing nnagi dere

Not mine

But your akwunaki mother in akwunaki house for jubilee
Re: Fubara Breaks Silence On Appeal Court Ruling On Lawmakers by Cherrybae(f): 3:32pm On Jul 06
EngrKemp:

Not mine

But your akwunaki mother in akwunaki house for jubilee

Enter mama Nneka shop, take one bottle on credit, use chill bro.

Daaalu Nwoke oma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As β€˜host Community’ Of Petroleum. / Court Orders Forfeiture Of Okorocha’s Properties Acquired Between 2011 To 2019 / Buhari To Complete Zik Mausoleum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.