Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,737 members, 7,895,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 02:24 PM

Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East (21282 Views)

Igbos Share Ancestral Links With Yorubas, But Many Don’t Know – Ooni Ogunwusi / Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by javascript1901: 2:31pm On Jul 06
DmonSlayer10:

Ok then....

But the truth is that Igbos being one of(I said;one of o..) World's largest and most enterprising ethnic groups,do not have a need to appropriate a minority tribe like Ikwerre! If the Ikwerres agree to be Igbos how does it add to the success-driven nature of the Igbo?HOW?.The oil being bandied about belongs to the entire peoples of Nigeria not to Ikwerres,see?lol!!

I blame this unnecessary brickbats on Nairaland to the mischief of carreer TROLLS of Igbos on Nairaland...

People who have SWORN to remain in CONSTANT fear of Igbos even as it destroys the destiny of the country!

Kai!! Black race na wa!!

Well.
Whether Yoruba o, Bini, Ikwerre , Urhobo. we are all best and unique in our various ways. Yorubas are doing well worldwide, Bini too...
I think the richest black man in US, is a Yoruba man.
Whether majority or minority.
Being one of the largest does not make you better than the minority. Everyone is unique in their ways.

why should you blame nairaland.com a Nigerian forum for news and updates...
Nairaland only brought up the updates here for discussion.

Igbo people(some) are the ones telling Ikwerres that, they are Igbos. And the Ikwerres already told them they are not Igbos.

The Ikwerres are only reacting or responding.

So who should be blamed now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Gerhards: 2:35pm On Jul 06
DomPerignon:

Inferiority complex ?

See this one dey talk ?

This Jew claiming 0su banza calling others inferior.

What was the entire point of fake Ibo claims to Jewry if it wasn't to ascribe chosenite status and rewrite your primitive cannibal origins and make your primitive ass appear better before your superiors in Nigeria ?

It's you guys that go shopping for judases to sell their people into your failed Ibo project.

Wasn't this how Enugu began rewriting the Bini history of Bendel Ibos from Ancient Bini to Nri, Nnsuka during the biafran occupation of old Midwestern region ? As I said nah those foolish slaves in Asaba that will continue to fall for your tricks after all nah your slaves them be. Literally .

It's only you guys who have no single clue on your own origins that keep rewriting other peoples history..

Now that's what I call inferiority complex which you falsely assume you can write off through false claims to greatness , Jewry and material deposition.

Didirin get out of my mention, i hate arguing with fools without common sense coupled with inferiority complex, your wailing is source of joy, especially that your dirtyye reid teethes

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Globad(f): 2:44pm On Jul 06
MasterJayJay:

Babablu bulabu. Show me one Ngwa person that said they are not Igbos.

Una go open mouth waaa!

Calm down and open your brain

Stop being emotional
Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:44pm On Jul 06
anonymous1759:

You guys are skeptical when critical questions are being asked . Any tribe that’s similar to South E that occupies a land in a different region the South East claims the land or the state in particular.
they’ll tell you our food , clothes, customs and traditions are the same irrespective of the location.

but a state or tribe dare not claim igbo land because some their indigenous people live there (SE). Kogi has not for one day claim those part of land in Anambra where igala people live .
When you tackle them they’ll tell you their lands were carved out . Everything time same victim mentality like other tribes didn’t experience such.

You still don't understand it, kogi cannot claim Anambra land, because kogi is not a tribe but a state which is just a geographic representation for administration.
The south east is not claiming any land or state where there are indegenous ibos outside the southeast.

What is being claimed is the identity of the people not the land.

There are ibibio speaking people on my local government ugwunabo, we have never claimed there land or said the are Igbos.
We also have Igbos in Akwaibom, we don't claim Akwaibom land, all we say is that there are Igbo speaking indigenes in Akwaibom and vice versa this is a result of boundary created due to state creation, it has nothing to do with land.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by lastkingsman: 2:52pm On Jul 06
Ikwerre people didn't migrate from Benin kingdom, they migrated from the Carribbean. Mad people everywhere
Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:56pm On Jul 06
Gajagojo:

Because you say so? Or want that to be so?
Are you a linguistic expert
Do you know what a dialect us

Many o you talk ignorantly with closed minds

Do you have any knowledge of the studies into classification of Igbo dialects?

Guy it is easier for me to understand ikwerre than understand abriba from the same abia state.

If you like call it igboid, all of them are a variation of Igbo language making it dialects.

Igbo Is first a language b4 a culture, because there is no one Igbo culture, but rather a gathering of similar culture unified by similar language.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Paraman: 3:01pm On Jul 06
shizzleStar:
you this mongrel have been jumping up and down any thread that has to do with Igbo exhibiting your hatred, crass stupidity and idiocy? What's you fvcking business with IGBOS? Why don't you face your useless tribe?
Seun

Mynd44

fergie001

ShizzleStar has broken rule 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Paraman: 3:02pm On Jul 06
shizzleStar:
you this mongrel have been jumping up and down any thread that has to do with Igbo exhibiting your hatred, crass stupidity and idiocy? What's you fvcking business with IGBOS? Why don't you face your useless tribe?
This is Nairaland, I can comment on any topic i want, if you don't like it, you can leave.... You won't be miss

Ikas, Ukwanis and the Ikwerres are not igbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by caracas: 3:03pm On Jul 06
opamoses1:

You are reading it upside down.

Iwhurohna, Etche and Ngwa all have Bini ancestry through their father Akalaka (a Bini man).
You don’t have sense of comprehension
From what you posted your self it means today iwhurohna , etche and Ngwa are brothers. So if etche n Ngwa affirm to be igbos how come iwhuronnha , a third brother is claiming not to be igbo….
I think this will finally end the argument
IKWERRE IS DEFINITELY IGBO….
Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Gajagojo: 3:03pm On Jul 06
Proudlyngwa:

Guy it is easier for me to understand ikwerre than understand abriba from the same abia state.

If you like call it igboid, all of them are a variation of Igbo language making it dialects.

Igbo Is first a language b4 a culture, because there is no one Igbo culture, but rather a gathering of similar culture unified by similar language.
Has no meaning
Is plantain a type of banana or is banana a type of plantain?

Portuguese speakers understand French Spanish and Italian

Does not make one a dialect of the other

Ther are sister languages with the same root Latin

Latin is now dead
For something to be a variation of another thing that thing must have definition
Who told you your Igbo language is not a variation of Ikwerre

Why can't Ikwerre and ibo be two different languages that are children of another language

So instead of making arrogant and foolish statements educate yourself about how languages evolved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Paraman: 3:05pm On Jul 06
004gist:

But they answer igbo names and speak our language... So what's that supposed to mean

Why didn't they have their own distinct language just like the ijaws, efik and the rest minorities?

Why are they answering chinedu, ifeanyi, Ngozi etc?
Agboola Ajayi the candidate of the PDP in the Ondo gubernatorial election is an Ijaw man but he has Yorubas name... That does not mean he's a Yoruba man

Ikas Ukwanis and Ikwerres are not igbos
Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Babysheart(f): 3:07pm On Jul 06
Ok.

During migration they picked up the Igbo dialect and discarded Edo.

Ikwerre people and cock and bull stories na 5 and 6
Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by caracas: 3:07pm On Jul 06
Paraman:
This is Nairaland, I can comment on any topic i want, if you don't like it, you can leave.... You won't be miss

Ikas, Ukwanis and the Ikwerres are not igbos
My in-law is ukwuani n she says she is more Igbo than me from imo state…
Oga rest….
Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Soliddust3030: 3:07pm On Jul 06
Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Gajagojo: 3:13pm On Jul 06
004gist:

But they answer igbo names and speak our language... So what's that supposed to mean

Why didn't they have their own distinct language just like the ijaws, efik and the rest minorities?

Why are they answering chinedu, ifeanyi, Ngozi etc?
Ibos answer Ikwerre names

They do not speak your language
That is untrue
They have Ikwerre bible which is a completely different language

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Paraman: 3:15pm On Jul 06
caracas:

My in-law is ukwuani n she says she is more Igbo than me from imo state…
Oga rest….
I don't care about any fable your so called sister in-law is feeding you, it's your wahala, it's none of my business... Ukwanis, Ikas and Ikwerres are not igbos
Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by caracas: 3:19pm On Jul 06
Remman:
Intermarriage happens everywhere, since we settled closer to the igbos, our ancestors married Igbo daughters to avoid marrying their own siblings and somehow the Igbo daughters married into our land taught their children the Igbo language. And this practice happens till date where children found themselves speaking their mother's language. If the Igbos claim we came from them, let's hear their own Kanu and Ojukwu story about the ancestors of Ikwerres. Before the civil war, the Igbos came to settle in Ikwerre land and began to rename our streets bearing our true ancestral names to their language names. Now during the civil war they killed us and did a lot of evil to us whom they now claim is their brothers (since they're unaware of the language-work of their daughters married by our ancestors). Now, when the war was intensified, they ran away (why would they run if they owned the place?). When we saw how we were tricked by those tribes, we took back our properties they stole from us, we won the battle.
This one na mumu
Just go through what you wrote n see how your story n analysis sound so childish, dumb, laughable n ridiculous….
Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by anonymous1759(m): 3:22pm On Jul 06
Proudlyngwa:

You still don't understand it, kogi cannot claim Anambra land, because kogi is not a tribe but a state which is just a geographic representation for administration.
The south east is not claiming any land or state where there are indegenous ibos outside the southeast.

What is being claimed is the identity of the people not the land.

There are ibibio speaking people on my local government ugwunabo, we have never claimed there land or said the are Igbos.
We also have Igbos in Akwaibom, we don't claim Akwaibom land, all we say is that there are Igbo speaking indigenes in Akwaibom and vice versa this is a result of boundary created due to state creation, it has nothing to do with land.

Guy ? if that’s what igbos actually meant no one will be dragging them . It seems you’re not well informed on what your tribe actually want.
have you not seen bogus maps drawn by your people saying parts of Delta, Bayelsa, Benue, Rivers , AkwaIbom, cross river is part of Igbo land ?
Please don’t say this whenever you’re amongst your brother’s they’ll disown you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by SonofLagos: 3:24pm On Jul 06
muhammaduyusufu:

https://punchng.com/ikwerres-deny-ancestral-affiliation-with-south-east/?amp
grin they are just been rejected everywhere, no one want to associate with them but yet they will want to attach themselves to people who want no part of there criminal culture….they are now eyeing faraway obodo ragos😂😂Yorubaland…shameless pigs😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by SonofLagos: 3:33pm On Jul 06
fnep2smooth:
what oil can cause does not exist, see etche way i dey use leg waka enter go buy cassava for fufu that year. people way dey speak igbo , people way de practices igbo, culture and tradition na igbo. just because of oil, them dey deny their root. i dare not tell my ikewerre GF say se no be igbo.

I no sabi waytin igbo do some people , truly success comes with a lot of hate jealously and envy.

Etche LGA has common bandry with Ngor Okpala, in fact they farm in the same area with just stick as farm boundary.

i no won talk again. we way grow for village con still grow for town no waytin dey happen. all this is because of oil money

grin are you not also attaching yourself to them because of their oil? We have always told you lot, that you contribute nothing to the treasury, alaibo is barren and thankGod the ikwerre have spoken and they want to have nothing to do with you Biafra….you can go with your 5plot of land when you finally have your Biafra😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Gerhards: 3:36pm On Jul 06
Gajagojo:

You are making assertions you cannot substantiate

Are the Fulani and Ikwerre of the same size??
First there is nothing like a universal Fulfude intelligible to Al Fulani
That is false. Most Fulani in Nigeria do not speak Fulfude, Buhari can not ,Atiku cannot etc
There is nothing like universal Ibo language intelligible to all Ibos

The so called central ibo was imposed by the British and Nigerian state using the bible and other instruments like media

So the idea of one thing called Igbo never existed before Nigeria
Ikwerre language is a language
It is not a dialect of Ibo

French,Spanish Italian Portuguese all belong to the same language family No one is a dialect of the otheake Roberto,Carlos,Ronaldo, Carmen, Andrea
No one can claim ownership So it is with Ikwerre and Ibo language
They are called Igboid language's because at the time of classification the largest group were Ibos .

That is the origin of the word Igboid

So when you talk of Forgetting names Ikwerre names aren't Ibo they are Ikwerre

Language is not people
It is perfectly possible for a language and culture to remain in situ whilst the people are replaced by completely new genetic stock

Didirin when we tell you to stop eating rotten foods and ewedu you refused, look at trash you wrote up here, Buhari father is a Fulani who lost his father when he was a baby with Hausa mother, he was brought up by her mother. secondary all Fulanis in Nigeria speak Fulfude, stop disgracing your ancestors on Nairaland because of your worthless hatred for Igbos

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Gerhards: 3:39pm On Jul 06
shizzleStar:
why can't you yaroba subhumans mind your fvcking business ?

90% of Yoruba Muslims reasons with their Annnusses grin

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Musauzor(m): 3:39pm On Jul 06
LadyExcellency:

Sharap there, so Aba Ngwa is no more Igbo but Bini?

Don't mind the illiterate man.
Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Musauzor(m): 3:42pm On Jul 06
africanusvu:
.all these insults and hate wit discrimination started when u guys and kanu began ur online republic.drawing frow ur bar maps of what u want.including boundaries witout first agreing wit them.all igbo brothers and friends now hate identifying wit us.this isues of we ar not igbos was amplified by these senseles agitations and killings in igcoland

Shut up your stinking mouth! Killings started in Rivers State and Warri in Delta State.
Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Gerhards: 3:42pm On Jul 06
anonymous1759:

You guys are skeptical when critical questions are being asked . Any tribe that’s similar to South E that occupies a land in a different region the South East claims the land or the state in particular.
they’ll tell you our food , clothes, customs and traditions are the same irrespective of the location.

but a state or tribe dare not claim igbo land because some their indigenous people live there (SE). Kogi has not for one day claim those part of land in Anambra where igala people live .
When you tackle them they’ll tell you their lands were carved out . Everything time same victim mentality like other tribes didn’t experience such.

Illiterate, Can you stop fouling this thread with your demented ignorance!!

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by SonofLagos: 3:44pm On Jul 06
CyrusVI:
They said they're not one of u, then leave them
Every single Igbo person on this thread has tried to forcefully make the Ikwerres admit they are Igbos. It's irritating to read
grin typical of ibo, the always try to force there wish and opinion on others, just the same way they try to force bitter obi down our throat grin

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by fnep2smooth(m): 3:44pm On Jul 06
SonofLagos:
grin are you not also attaching yourself to them because of their oil? We have always told you lot, that you contribute nothing to the treasury, alaibo is barren and thankGod the ikwerre have spoken and they want to have nothing to do with you Biafra….you can go with your 5plot of land when you finally have your Biafra😂😂
mad man with smart phone

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by SonofLagos: 3:46pm On Jul 06
fnep2smooth:

mad man with smart phone
hahaha he pain am😂😂😂ikwerre are not ibo period…respec there wish and stop crying, na by force to be ibo😂😂
Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Gerhards: 3:46pm On Jul 06
DomPerignon:

Ikweres are not ibos and have denied you again.

All your frustration will not make the rejection go away.

Face your cursed yeast .

Land grabbers.

Didirin stop causing nuisance on Nairaland, read what Bini king said about Ikwerre and Etche

1 Like

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by SonofLagos: 3:48pm On Jul 06
PHIPEX:
Lol.
Your name is Igbo, your food is Igbo, your dress is Igbo, your culture is Igbo, your language is Igbo....etc, infact you have nothing that is not Igbo

But because of politics you said you are not Igbo, who is deceiving who?

Who cares, if you like call yourself Liberian, who cares? But just know you are only deceiving yourself, everyone sees through you.
😂😂 If you don’t care, your blodas won’t be crying on the thread and trying to attach themselves to the ikwerres who have always denied to be ibo….pls have some shame, a whole majority tribe forcing themselves on a minority tribe😂😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Gerhards: 3:51pm On Jul 06
DomPerignon:

You can't help but deflect to Yorubas and at the same time claim victim.

Pathetic.

Yoruba muslim are the worst thing to happen to Yoruba land, impersonators everywhere with inferiority complex, spit

Re: Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East by Musauzor(m): 3:53pm On Jul 06
The cultural, linguistic and religious facts on ground show that Ikwerre is 100% lgbo but if they are denying these glaring facts by twisting the narrative in order to buttress their argument so be it.
After all, lkwerre is mere four local government areas. Their sibling Ngwa is more than them both in population and in land mass

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi, Alaafin Of Oyo At Methodist Church For Award Event.PICS / PFN, Anambra Community Bicker Over Killing Of Snake / Ways To Identify SA Tribes By Their Traditional Dance Moves.

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.