Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,629 members, 7,882,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 04:24 PM

Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji (2687 Views)

No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates / Gov Oyebanji: We Have Paid Over N31bn As Salaries, Gratuities, Pensions / First Flight Lands At Bayelsa International Airport Built By Gov. Dickson(photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by AngelGabbyShara(m): 11:20am
... Applauds President Tinubu’s emphasis on grassroots healthcare services

The Minister of State for Health, Dr Tunji Alausa on Friday commissioned a state-of-the-art maternity ward built by Ekiti state Governor Biodun Oyebanji and his siblings in memory of their late mother Mrs Esther Bosede Oyebanji at the premises of Aramoko General Hospital, Aramoko Ekiti.

The Minister, who commended the Governor for the unparalleled vision of lifting healthcare facilities in the state to its enviable height, stated that healthcare is the fundamental right of citizens that should not be compromised on the altar of inexpedient political decisions.

He emphasized President Tinubu’s renewed hope agenda of delivering quality healthcare services to the grassroots to ensure that every Nigerian has access to quality healthcare services irrespective of where they live.

The Minister lauded the Governor’s vision and commitment to the health sector stressing that it is instrumental to the achievements recorded in the sector so far, adding that the Governor’s focus on maternal and child health reflect a deep understanding of the critical role healthcare plays in the development and wellbeing of the people.

Dr Alausa stated further that the maternity centre is a testament to what is achievable when you have leaders filled with passion and ready to give back to their community.

He commended the Governor and his siblings for lifting health care standard in the Aramoko Ekiti community with the newly maternity ward equipped with state- of- the- art facilities.

“President Bola Tinubu’s Renew Hope agenda emphasizes the importance of bringing healthcare closer to the people, ensuring that every Nigerian, regardless of their location has access to quality healthcare services. We are witnessing a manifestation of this agenda today. Sub-national governments have keyed in into the presidential initiative of taking quality healthcare to our rural populace. Ekiti has keyed in, in a much bigger role. He asserted.” The Minister added.

Earlier, Governor Oyebanji said he and his siblings made up their minds to establish a more befitting mother and child ward in the Aramoko General Hospital as a memorial to their late mother and also to help address the deficit in skilled birth deliveries carried out per month in the hospital.

The Governor affirmed that the facility would contribute to the reduction in maternity and infant mortality by ensuring that every mother can have safe delivery as well as allowing every child to grow up healthy and strong.

While also disclosing that the facility was equipped with the latest technology and professional staff, Governor Oyebanji added that the ward is designed to offer a comprehensive range of services from pre-natal care to pediatric and emergency services, noting that the goal was to ensure that every mother can enjoy the birth of childbirth and hence allow the child grow to full potentials.

He used the opportunity to call on all and sundry to support his administration build a stronger, healthier, and more compassionate community where everyone enjoys the shared prosperity mantra of his administration.

Governor Oyebanji also seized the opportunity to inform the gathering that the project was fully funded by himself and his siblings and no state finances were involved.

“As some of you may know, on the 21st of December 1967, I was born in this facility. I am where I am today, because my dear mother, in whose memory I have commissioned this building, ensured that against all odds, she visited a health facility where she was attended to by a skilled health worker.

“Last year, when I came here to commission the donated staff quarters, I enquired about the number of deliveries carried out per month. I was made to understand that the majority of deliveries are done outside of health facilities, with poor conditions of service delivery and by people with questionable experience.

“I then made up my mind to establish a standard mother and child ward in Aramoko Ekiti that will help address the gaps in skilled birth deliveries and provide essential maternal and child health services. This Abayomi Esther Bosede Oyebanji Maternity Ward will contribute to the reduction in maternal and infant mortality rates by ensuring that more deliveries are attended by skilled healthcare professionals.

Speaking on behalf of Alara of Aramoko Ekiti and the entire citizens of the town, Chief Biodun Ilori thanked the Governor for not forgetting his source and for giving back to the community such a magnificent project that would remain in the annals of the society for a very long time.

Also in attendance were the Deputy Governor, Chief (Mrs) Monisade Afuye; Wife of the Governor, Dr Olayemi Oyebanji; members of the state House of Assembly; Members of the state Executive Council; Head of Service, Dr. Folakemi Olomojobi; the Governor’s fathers, Pa Ezekiel Oyebanji traditional rulers; and the Governor’s siblings.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/kth38Mgi5VfhgUoK/?mibextid=oFDknk

1 Like

Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by Shadomaan7: 11:36am
Truly a proud moment for Ekiti State, thanks to visionary leadership!

19 Likes

Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by Chinkoalhaji34: 11:38am
Oyebanjis leadership truly puts the health of the people first, making us proud!

20 Likes

Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by sIfioksq: 11:42am
its a shame that some opposition members are trying to discredit this great achievement by spreading lies and propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by Isaacc729l: 12:12pm
Stop hating on Gov Oyebanji and acknowledge his amazing achievements like this new maternity ward in Ekiti!

1 Like

Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by Unbiased1: 12:15pm
The health minister came all the way from Abuja to commission a maternity ward? A ward is just one small section of a hospital. Even from the pictures above you can see how small the ward is. Must we commission everything in Nigeria no matter how small it is? Is this not the same state where 1 MRI machine was also commissioned? I hope we don't start commissioning tables and chairs in the future.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by Zonefree(m): 12:22pm
A minister commissioned ordinary Ward? undecided

This is too low, man.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by Righthussle: 2:34pm
I think say na only Wike be minister for Nigeria
Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by StopTheBan: 2:36pm
Good.. But it shouldn't just end there!

I'm down bad, Please anyone help me with anything 8969362723 P@lmp@y, tnxx
Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by Ecbatana: 2:36pm
angry
Commissioning a single Ward is beneath the Minister's status. In my opinion, these two friends just went for photoshoot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by Kemistri3(m): 2:38pm
One room maternity ward? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by yarimo(m): 2:43pm
Build and commission in reality, one scammer in Abia state always good at snapping pictures without action

11 Likes

Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by Tjra: 2:47pm
Unbiased1:
The health minister came all the way from Abuja to commission a maternity ward? A ward is just one small section of a hospital. Even from the pictures above you can see how small the ward is. Must we commission everything in Nigeria no matter how small it is? Is this not the same state where 1 MRI machine was also commissioned? I hope we don't start commissioning tables and chairs in the future.
I no like the idea at all.

Same way Alex Otti commissions gutters, kiosks and 1km roads every month.

Na unnecessary show IMHO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by tayor3(m): 2:59pm
Yes, we must commission everything because they all know majority of Nigerian are fuulis ... imagine that. Some will even thank him like he built the this small rooms called maternity with his money.
Unbiased1:
Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by johnjay4u2u(m): 3:03pm
Lol
Nigeria at the lowest of low.

This should be commissioned by local government chairmen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by NextGens54: 3:07pm
The Minister lauded the Governor’s vision and commitment to the health sector stressing that it is instrumental to the achievements recorded in the sector so far, adding that the Governor’s focus on maternal and child health reflect a deep understanding of the critical role healthcare plays in the development and wellbeing of the people.
Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by anonimi: 3:13pm
AngelGabbyShara:

... Applauds President Tinubu’s emphasis on grassroots healthcare services

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/kth38Mgi5VfhgUoK/?mibextid=oFDknk

How many nurses, pharmacists, laboratory technicians, administrators, doctors etc have been employed by the governor and his predecessor in almost six years to complement the single room being commissioned

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by OgbeniOptional(m): 3:35pm
Lol
Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by beardedboy(m): 3:59pm
Unbiased1:
Firstly, A ward is a section not a "small section". Your definition is biased.

Secondly, commissioning is not an option but part of the formal process of government project.

Thirdly, what's wrong with commissioning an MRI machine?
Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by Melagros(m): 4:04pm
COMRADES, APC's fraud, making unnecessary noise over a little project
Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by Tareq1105: 4:10pm
Ecbatana:
angry
Commissioning a single Ward is beneath the Minister's status. In my opinion, these two friends just went for photoshoot.

The maternity ward was built by the Gov and his siblings in honour of their late mother.

It's therefore a private initiative and not built with government money.
Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by Tareq1105: 4:13pm
johnjay4u2u:
Lol
Nigeria at the lowest of low.

This should be commissioned by local government chairmen

Don't forget it's a private initiative and not with govt money.
Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by AcadaWriter: 4:13pm
One room maternity ward? ... Hmm, need help with your academic papers? Contact us.
Re: Health Minister Commissions Maternity Ward Built By Gov Oyebanji by Tareq1105: 4:15pm
tayor3:
Yes, we must commission everything because they all know majority of Nigerian are fuulis ... imagine that. Some will even thank him like he built the this small rooms called maternity with his money.

You didn't say this when Gov Otti commissioned 3 km road in Abia last May.

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta: Is Their Solution In Sight? / Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Pastor Chris Okotie Again (part 2) / Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses.

Viewing this topic: Hamzatfresh, Dennisblaze(m), Philistine(m) and 34 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.