Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,277 members, 7,981,521 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 07:17 PM

Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? (1243 Views)

Which Should I Choose Between 2007-2010 Toyota Camry Or Honda Accord? / Advice Getting Camry 2001 (fishlight/droplight). Users Please Come In / Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by SkylineFrozen: 12:24pm On Jul 06
Hello auto experts, between a Toyota droplight and a Honda civic, which should I go for? I need help in choosing between these 2 cars as I just need a car for my everyday hustle and I want a car that won’t take my life savings to fix at any point. I’m considering durability and fuel efficiency too.

PLS HELP!!!
Re: Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by SkylineFrozen: 5:16pm On Jul 06
I’m not forming nah. Pls drop your contribution. Plssssss Nairalanders
Re: Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by nurey(m): 4:55am On Jul 07
Buy the 2024 Honda civic, it is better than the drop light
Re: Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by SkylineFrozen: 7:44am On Jul 07
nurey:
Buy the 2024 Honda civic, it is better than the drop light

Thanks for responding boss. Sincerely I can’t afford the 2024 civic o! I’m looking at a more affordable one, say between 2002- 2007 that doesn’t have leg issue. Don’t know what year though.
Re: Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by nurey(m): 11:38am On Jul 07
SkylineFrozen:

Thanks for responding boss. Sincerely I can’t afford the 2024 civic o! I’m looking at a more affordable one, say between 2002- 2007 that doesn’t have leg issue. Don’t know what year though.

The civic is cheaper to maintain, the camry is roomier, will be sturdier than the civic but it can be stolen whole. i mean you can park to buy something in a shopping mall and under 5 to 10minutes the car is gone, otilor with no traces.

the civic is good, not a robbers magnet, the 2002 to 2005 is solid but has some electrical gear issue which can be solved with the right tool. the 2006 to 2010 is also strong but better to buy the American variant than Europe or those bought new in Nigeria because of part compatibility. The 06 to 10 is known for cracked head block of the engine so check those toks unit well, also the drive belt is known for showing shege promax so when you have drive belt wahala give a qualified mechanic to fix not cheap under mango tree kazeem

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by SkylineFrozen: 6:43pm On Jul 07
nurey:

The civic is cheaper to maintain, the camry is roomier, will be sturdier than the civic but it can be stolen whole. i mean you can park to buy something in a shopping mall and under 5 to 10minutes the car is gone, otilor with no traces.

the civic is good, not a robbers magnet, the 2002 to 2005 is solid but has some electrical gear issue which can be solved with the right tool. the 2006 to 2010 is also strong but better to buy the American variant than Europe or those bought new in Nigeria because of part compatibility. The 06 to 10 is known for cracked head block of the engine so check those toks unit well, also the drive belt is known for showing shege promax so when you have drive belt wahala give a qualified mechanic to fix not cheap under mango tree kazeem

Thanks once more boss for breaking it down for me to comprehend. I can’t believe that Toyota Camry drop light is a robber magnet, considering that it is an old model car. So, How much do you think the American variant of the civic will go for? What year of the civic would you recommend i go for in your honest opinion?

Or can you suggest any other alternative?
Re: Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by nurey(m): 5:25am On Jul 08
SkylineFrozen:

Thanks once more boss for breaking it down for me to comprehend. I can’t believe that Toyota Camry drop light is a robber magnet, considering that it is an old model car. So, How much do you think the American variant of the civic will go for? What year of the civic would you recommend i go for in your honest opinion?
Or can you suggest any other alternative?

I can't say the price it can go for but naija used should be 3m plus for 06 to 10 model year, those are good and still recent in naija terms
Re: Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by SkylineFrozen: 1:13pm On Jul 08
Thanks Boss. I appreciate your input. God bless you real good.
Re: Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by fineboynl(m): 3:25pm On Jul 14
The two cars are not in the same category.Why comparing the two.

Buy the drop light. More stronger but expensive to maintain than the civic
Re: Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by pointblankeirie: 4:57pm On Jul 14
Get the Camry… better ground clearance
Re: Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by nurey(m): 12:37pm On Jul 15
SkylineFrozen:
Thanks Boss. I appreciate your input. God bless you real good.

https://www.nairaland.com/8154046/man-cries-out-thieves-steal

Op nah the Camry be that, see what I was saying about the lax security
Re: Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by sultaan(m): 1:04am On Jul 16
Civic is your car if budget and maintenance apply.

Camry might be stolen, almost same ground clearance.

Be realistic with your need droplight is from 98-2002
Re: Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by HamsterBillonai: 8:16am On Jul 16
There is no 2002 camry droplight. It stopped production at 2001. From 2002 is big daddy.stop the false info bro
sultaan:
Civic is your car if budget and maintenance apply.

Camry might be stolen, almost same ground clearance.

Be realistic with your need droplight is from 98-2002

1 Like

Re: Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by sultaan(m): 8:33am On Jul 16
HamsterBillonai:
There is no 2002 camry droplight. It stopped production at 2001. From 2002 is big daddy.stop the false info bro

you right
Re: Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by MeetLathiya: 10:13pm On Jul 16
Re: Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by RZArecta(m): 4:54am On Jul 22
^^^ please ignore the above advice and avoid anything hybrid in Nigeria as long as you want to keep things simple. The Camry needs too many security protocols in Nigeria because it's a thieves magnet and buyers are readily available. I remember someone telling me years ago to avoid buying because of police case that might pop up. Owners have been known to change ignition because according to them, one key can start other cars as long as it's pencil light. You'll also have to get pedal locks constructed by a very good welder and not those ones you buy in supermarkets. The Camry is a rugged car but peace of mind is valuable
Re: Toyota Droplight OR Honda Civic? by SkylineFrozen: 5:35am On Jul 25
nurey:

https://www.nairaland.com/8154046/man-cries-out-thieves-steal

Op nah the Camry be that, see what I was saying about the lax security

shocked shocked. shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Shork Absorber issue / Change Nissan Car To Toyota / Atf Fluid For 1999 Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.