Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,823 members, 7,952,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 02:00 PM

My Small Shop In Ilorin Was Destroyed By Abdulrazaq's Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Small Shop In Ilorin Was Destroyed By Abdulrazaq's Government (262 Views)

Abdulrazaq Government Begins Secret Selling Of Local Gov't Official Quarters / The Moment Rivers State Taskforce Vehicle Was Destroyed By Angry Youths (Video) / The Correct Ayedaade Result Before It Was Destroyed By Inec Official - channels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Small Shop In Ilorin Was Destroyed By Abdulrazaq's Government by idrisaleo1: 12:49pm On Jul 06
You don't destroy those you swore to protect. No responsible government should. I was unfortunate to be one of the victims of the abuse of power in Kwara, and I regret investing my token in the state.

I have had the privilege of living in a world led by reasonable people, a place where this government has had to run to for one or two emergencies. This government knows better how a society should function, but like many all across the country, decides to further impoverish its people. The sad incident that happened at Tegbesun Market earlier today should not happen in the midst of humans. I argue around friends and colleagues that Kwarans are not limited. But with what those senseless mob did today, I would have to readjust my position. To say that's an animalistic behaviour would be an insult to animals themselves. I believe they could have coordinated the whole procedure a lot better. What happens to notifying the people of the impending destruction? How about issuing out an hour notice to those that have properties on the disputed land to get their stuff? You have all the tools to make this a less damaging act, but you decided to tread the path of ultimate destruction. I'm sure you would agree with me that I shouldn't suffer from the nuisance of some thugs. No one should.

Digressing a bit to being a beneficiary of good governance, I'm happy to let you know that I have been treated more like a human in Germany than in my native Kwara. Germany offered me free, quality education. It didn't stop at that, it supported me for two good years upon returning home, paying me what Level 16 officers wouldn't ever dream of earning in our blessed Kwara. And how has my state helped me? It bulldozed the little I could gather, turning it all into dust. You can't continue to treat us like a piece of rag in our state, and expect us to contribute to its development.

I expect the Kwara State Government to look into this unwholesome conduct and act like any responsible government out there would. And if you choose to go the way of tyranny, I trust you wouldn't, I'm glad to let you know that there's nothing to lose for a dying man.

In case you are looking for where to arrest me, I'm Idris Mohammed Idris. And I'm from Alapata, Ilorin West Local Government. May Allah reward you all with what you deserve.
Re: My Small Shop In Ilorin Was Destroyed By Abdulrazaq's Government by vanbonattel: 12:50pm On Jul 06
Na wao. Its your fault, you didn't respect the emir of Ilorin.

3 Likes

Re: My Small Shop In Ilorin Was Destroyed By Abdulrazaq's Government by gistray: 12:51pm On Jul 06
Fulanis Own Kwara State.

Submit to them or go home

3 Likes

Re: My Small Shop In Ilorin Was Destroyed By Abdulrazaq's Government by Zonefree(m): 1:38pm On Jul 06
Respect your host, the fulanis.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Small Shop In Ilorin Was Destroyed By Abdulrazaq's Government by DeLaRue: 1:48pm On Jul 06
One thing I don't mess around with is notices or warnings from a government, even if it is local government.

Even when it appears that a government has forgotten about a notice or warning, there is always a possibility it will turn up one day and efforce it.

I don't know the specific detail in your case, but in my experience, in the vast majority of cases, a government will not suddenly start destroying structures without prior notice.

Of course, it is possible the notice was before you invested there and you didn't know about it. I can only imagine the pain of your loss. Especially in these tough times.
Re: My Small Shop In Ilorin Was Destroyed By Abdulrazaq's Government by vanbonattel: 1:49pm On Jul 06
DeLaRue:
One thing I don't mess around with is notices or warnings from a government, even if it is local government.

Even when it appears that a government has forgotten about a notice or warning, there is always a possibility it will turn up one day and efforce it.

I don't know the specific detail in your case, but in my experience, in the vast majority of cases, a government will not suddenly start destroying structures without prior notice.

Of course, it is possible the notice was before you invested there and you didn't know about it.

Or the emir told him to stay there and he decided to ignore the government warning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Small Shop In Ilorin Was Destroyed By Abdulrazaq's Government by enumerica: 1:52pm On Jul 06
idrisaleo1:
You don't destroy those you swore to protect. No responsible government should. I was unfortunate to be one of the victims of the abuse of power in Kwara, and I regret investing my token in the state.

I have had the privilege of living in a world led by reasonable people, a place where this government has had to run to for one or two emergencies. This government knows better how a society should function, but like many all across the country, decides to further impoverish its people. The sad incident that happened at Tegbesun Market earlier today should not happen in the midst of humans. I argue around friends and colleagues that Kwarans are not limited. But with what those senseless mob did today, I would have to readjust my position. To say that's an animalistic behaviour would be an insult to animals themselves. I believe they could have coordinated the whole procedure a lot better. What happens to notifying the people of the impending destruction? How about issuing out an hour notice to those that have properties on the disputed land to get their stuff? You have all the tools to make this a less damaging act, but you decided to tread the path of ultimate destruction. I'm sure you would agree with me that I shouldn't suffer from the nuisance of some thugs. No one should.

Digressing a bit to being a beneficiary of good governance, I'm happy to let you know that I have been treated more like a human in Germany than in my native Kwara. Germany offered me free, quality education. It didn't stop at that, it supported me for two good years upon returning home, paying me what Level 16 officers wouldn't ever dream of earning in our blessed Kwara. And how has my state helped me? It bulldozed the little I could gather, turning it all into dust. You can't continue to treat us like a piece of rag in our state, and expect us to contribute to its development.

I expect the Kwara State Government to look into this unwholesome conduct and act like any responsible government out there would. And if you choose to go the way of tyranny, I trust you wouldn't, I'm glad to let you know that there's nothing to lose for a dying man.

In case you are looking for where to arrest me, I'm Idris Mohammed Idris. And I'm from Alapata, Ilorin West Local Government. May Allah reward you all with what you deserve.

Were you doing business in unlawful places in Germany? When you get to a place you call your own you think it is proper to do any how. You see shopping mmalls around you refused to rent a space to house your business. You don't want to pay for rent, thus you went for a container in your own very state, the state that you love but you can't do what is right there. What you did not do in Germany you are doing it here in your beloved state.

You must be wicked and cruel for violating existing laws of our land. You deserved to be sue to court for breaking your beloved state laws while you kept Germany's

(1) (Reply)

LG Fiscal Autonomy........who Is To Take Accolades ? / How The Nigerian Government Can Build A New Refinery In 6 Months.. / #Protest: Why Was VP Shettima's Residence Renovated At N21billion ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.