Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,912 members, 7,883,164 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 04:25 AM

MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed (1152 Views)

Elon Musk Disables Twitter Spaces After Clash With Journalists / I Was So Pissed With Glo Network Until l Tried Their 4G Lte(pics) / MTN List Of Data Plans And Prices For 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by AgentNnamdi: 7:11pm On Jul 06
If you want to subscribe to an MTN yearly data bundle of 1TB @ 100,000 Naira, it's important to be aware that you won't be able to share data from this subscription. I confirmed this with one of their customer care representatives. I have been disappointed by this development. I have been on this plan for the last two months.

Also, I have noticed that the MTN 4G network is now extremely slow. I have been unable to stream on my device since the start of the EURO2024 matches. I believe they intentionally slowed down their network to promote the sale of their latest 5G device.

These are my latest observations.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by Oblitz(m): 7:17pm On Jul 06
Hmm. Very useless network. I noticed the speed too

2 Likes

Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by azpekuliar: 7:57pm On Jul 06
What does throttling mean?
Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by Abee79(m): 8:16pm On Jul 06
Fighting a loosing war. They have eaten enough. . .
Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by Allsmilez999: 9:12pm On Jul 06
azpekuliar:
What does throttling mean?

You mean to tell me that you have internet and a phone in your hands with google and you choose to ask this question like a complete E-d!0t?

The next generation is doomed, i swear!
Good for nothing except dancing on tiktok, catching cruise and insulting elders. 😡 angry

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by shortgun(m): 9:18pm On Jul 06
You are right, they intentionally slow the internet speed down
Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by Zonefree(m): 10:23pm On Jul 06
Allsmilez999:

You mean to tell me that you have internet and a phone in your hands with google and you choose to ask this question like a complete E-d!0t?

Good for nothing except dancing on tiktok, catching cruise and insulting elders. 😡 angry
Just educate him and move on. He can learn from Nairaland without visiting Google.

21 Likes

Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by Allsmilez999: 10:25pm On Jul 06
Zonefree:

Just educate him and move on. He can learn from Nairaland without visiting Google.

You don’t sound very smart.

So you would rather ask a basic question and wait for hours for a response if you even get any than do a quick google search?

7 Likes

Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by Zonefree(m): 10:34pm On Jul 06
Allsmilez999:

You don’t sound very smart.

So you would rather ask a basic question and wait for hours for a response if you even get any than do a quick google search?
Okay, wisdom.

13 Likes

Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by GrandFinale2021(m): 12:49am On Jul 07
AgentNnamdi:
If you want to subscribe to an MTN yearly data bundle of 1TB @ 100,000 Naira, it's important to be aware that you won't be able to share data from this subscription. I confirmed this with one of their customer care representatives. I have been disappointed by this development. I have been on this plan for the last two months.

Also, I have noticed that the MTN 4G network is now extremely slow. I have been unable to stream on my device since the start of the EURO2024 matches. I believe they intentionally slowed down their network to promote the sale of their latest 5G device.

the 4G despite being slow also consumes data a lot.
I subscribed 2gb butcould only stream just first 30 minutes of yesterday's match

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by GrandFinale2021(m): 12:50am On Jul 07
Allsmilez999:

another idiot on the loose.
You're senseless if you don't have answer to that question.
Bastard

8 Likes

Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by Allsmilez999: 1:23am On Jul 07
GrandFinale2021:
another idiot on the loose.
You're senseless if you don't have answer to that question.
Bastard

🥱😂
Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by Babamide(m): 3:56am On Jul 07
Allsmilez999:

Una get fight before??
GrandFinale2021:
the 4G despite being slow also consumes data a lot.
I subscribed 2gb but could only stream just first 30 minutes of yesterday's match
It also depends on the picture quality of the stream
Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by xtivin(m): 6:01am On Jul 07
The 5G MTN device is something I will advise you to have. It's super crazy having a download speed with IDM of 43Mb/s. Already abandoned my 4G devices.
Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by PinkNature(m): 7:09am On Jul 07
Zonefree:

While I do not support the insults he got, it is however important that people know that they can virtually get the meaning of any word directly from Google, without having to wait for someone else to explain the word to them.

Happy Sunday.
Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by GODPUNISHALABI: 7:11am On Jul 07
AgentNnamdi:

especially in the evenings you can't use mtn
Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by Whois(m): 8:45am On Jul 07
This is a new development shocked I just checked and what op said is true. Omg mtn is wicked
Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by PaZwoD: 8:56am On Jul 07
MTN data network has been generally degraded since late last year
Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by AgentNnamdi: 10:38am On Jul 07
xtivin:
The 5G MTN device is something I will advise you to have. It's super crazy having a download speed with IDM of 43Mb/s. Already abandoned my 4G devices.

This is the idea. For 4G users to go for the newer 5G.

It would be nice but things are very expensive and this economy is to buy foodstuffs and eat first.

1 Like

Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by S4SOLOMON4(m): 1:57pm On Jul 07
I have been unable to share data for some days too on my 1Tb data plan. Just got off the phone with one of their agents who confirmed that data sharing has been disabled on data plans of 400gb and above.
Isn't this a fraud? One of the primary reason I subscribed the 1Tb plan is the ability to share data and now they are taking that off.

I also noticed the drastic drop in Internet speed in recent time too. I don't want to believe that is deliberate.
Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by noobody(m): 2:19pm On Jul 07
AgentNnamdi:

No wonder I kept getting the error,I don't have an active data subscription

Which kin wahala be this na
Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by noobody(m): 2:27pm On Jul 07
Bombard there X(twitter) handle,
Why do should they assume they have the right over how we spend use our data?
Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by Nopifar(m): 4:23pm On Jul 07
xtivin:

Boss good evening.

If possible, can you gift me any of your abandoned 4G devices?

I'll will be grateful. Thanks and have a blessed Sunday.
Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by xtivin(m): 4:50pm On Jul 07
Nopifar:

Boss good evening.

If possible, can you gift me any of your abandoned 4G devices?

I'll will be grateful. Thanks and have a blessed Sunday.
Where you dey? Am in Ondo
Re: MTN Disables Data Sharing On Yearly Plans And Throttles Their 4G Internet Speed by Nopifar(m): 5:33pm On Jul 07
xtivin:

Where you dey? Am in Ondo

Oh, thanks for replying, much appreciated.

I'm in Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerianyellowpages.com Now On Your Mobile Phone / Tigo Network / Make Use Of Ur Opera Downlod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.