Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,193 members, 7,925,709 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 08:59 PM

GUU Chancellor Commends South East Reps For Wonderful Representation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / GUU Chancellor Commends South East Reps For Wonderful Representation (180 Views)

Tinubu Transmits Students Loan Bill 2024 To House Of Reps For Enactment / Cut-Off Marks Into Unity Schools: 134 For South-East, Anambra 139, 2 For Zamfara / LASU Vice Chancellor Receives Riot From Students As Birthday Gift (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GUU Chancellor Commends South East Reps For Wonderful Representation by Titusele87(m): 9:24pm On Jul 06
GUU Chancellor commends South East Reps for wonderful representation

Titus Maduako Eleweke

The Founder of Gregory University Uturu Prof Gregory Ibe has commended members of the South East Caucus of the House of Representatives for being true ambassadors of the region.
Prof ibe who spoke on the overview of the performance of members of the caucus in their first legislative year, commended the legislators for sponsoring what he described as "uniquely special Bills that are critical to the aspirations of the people of South East.
According to him,those Bills is capable of addressing the negative consequences of many years of political exclusion and unjust marginalization.
Prof Ibe, who is a Chieftain of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Presidential Advisory Council, particularly, lauded the South East Caucus for championing the establishment of South East Development Commission, release of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and creation of Etiti State, in order to bring the zone at par with other regions.
He said "As we mark the first year anniversary of the tenth National Assembly, I want to appreciate the South East Caucus of the House of Representatives for delivering a season of good representation to the zone. Let me particularly appreciate them for sponsoring uniquely special bills that are critical to the aspirations of our people as a means of addressing the negative consequences of many years of political exclusion and unjust marginalization."
Continuing, he said, "It is worthy to place on record that the gallant efforts of members of the Caucus led to the passage of the South East Development Commission bill, an initiative that will certainly propel faster transformation of our region.
"I also recognize and appreciate the laudable efforts of some honourable members of the caucus aimed at adopting a political solution in achieving the release of our brother Nnamdi Kanu.
"Finally, the icing on the cake is the recent motion sponsored by some members of the caucus for the creation of Etiti State. Being a project that the South East Delegation of the 2014 National Conference under the leadership of Gen. Ike Nwachukwu (Rtd.) championed, in my capacity as consultant to the delegation, I have, since 2014, passionately fought for the realization of Etiti State. I am glad that the vision we birthed is now being given legislative attention through the gallant efforts of some members of the caucus. Going forward, I want to appeal to all stakeholders within our region to support this move by joining forces with our Representatives in a bid to realize an additional equalizing state within the zone, that will be created by equitably annexing Local Government Councils from each of the present five states that constitute the South East and that is a central state called Etiti."
Prof Ibe therefore encouraged the caucus not to relent in their legislative duties and subsequent oversight functions, promising to partner them in achieving speedy development of the region"

Re: GUU Chancellor Commends South East Reps For Wonderful Representation by DMerciful01(m): 9:25pm On Jul 06
STORY
Re: GUU Chancellor Commends South East Reps For Wonderful Representation by SpaceX: 11:22pm On Jul 06
Chancellor

(1) (Reply)

Hamster Kombat - Daily Combo And Cipher / Prayer!! / High Hopes As We Expect Favourable Ican Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.