Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,942 members, 7,883,284 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 08:16 AM

New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day (2528 Views)

Governor Radda Joins Military Operation To Rescue Abducted Civilian, Foil Attack / Isese: Lagos Declares Monday Work-free Day / FG Declares Monday Work-Free For The Armed Forces In Honour Of Late COAS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by Newsreel24: 9:32pm On Jul 07
GOVERNOR DIKKO RADDA
DECLARES MONDAY
(8/7/2024) AS WORK FREE
DAY TO COMMEMORATE
THE NEW ISLAMIC YEAR (1446)

His Excellency, the Governor of Katsina State, Malam Dikko Umaru Radda, PhD has declared Tomorrow, Monday 8th July, 2024 which is equivalent to the 2nd of Al-muharram, 1446 AH as Public Holiday in commemoration of the new Islamic year.

Governor Dikko Radda said that Monday has been declared a work free day to enable all workers in the state join other Muslims in celebration of the new year (1446 after the Hijrah of Prophet Muhammad SAW from Makkah to Medina).

In a statement signed by the Secretary to the Government of the State, Abdullahi Garba Faskari, Esq, the Governor congratulates the entire Muslims in the state and world over on the new year which began on Sunday, the first day of Al-muharram, 1446.

Malam Dikko Radda urges all Muslims to strictly adhere to the teachings of the noble prophet (Muhammad SAW) in their daily activities.

He seizes the opportunity to call on the clerics to continue to admonish for peaceful coexistence amongst the various communities in the state and fervently pray for Allah to bring succor to the current security challenges and hardships being faced in the country.

He then wishes Muslims and the entire people in the state, a prosperous year and bumper harvest at the end of this year's rainy season.

Abdullahi Aliyu Yar'adua
For: Secretary to the Government of the State

3 Likes

Re: New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by STEWpid(f): 5:42am
Chai..

Happy new year to all gOOd Muslims.

But this is not FG's holiday.

4 Likes

Re: New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by Digixtreme: 5:42am
Its been on in the east

4 Likes

Re: New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by straighttalk(m): 5:43am
Radda Radda

Celebrating New Year is alien to Islam. It has no trace to our rightly guided predecessors. It's has no basis, it's unacceptable. It's an illegality.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by Donvictor2015: 5:44am
Werey grin grin grin
Digixtreme:
Its been on in the east

1 Like

Re: New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by WriterX(m): 5:45am
Internet
Re: New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by anonimi: 5:45am
Newsreel24:
XYZ

The doings of a radarada governor to please his radarada fellow citizens, instead of making them work to stop being idle hands for easy recruitment by bandits and terrorists.

Will we ever get sense

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by helinues: 5:46am
There shouldn't be any terrorists from the state if that's how religious they are

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by anonimi: 5:46am
Digixtreme:
Its been on in the east

On a weekly basis.................no wonder they are all over Nigeria claiming developer title upandan cheesy

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by TheArrowhead(m): 5:48am
Is there public holiday for this in Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries? Even Eid-el-Mauloud is not celebrated there. These Northerners ehn...!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by teebaxy(m): 5:48am
Hehe, Those people who brought Christianity and Islam to Africa have done us more harm than Good .

1 Like

Re: New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by anonimi: 5:48am
STEWpid:
Chai..

Happy new year to all gOOd Muslims.

But this is not FG's holiday.

I think Aregbesola also used to declare Isese festival holidays in Osun for traditional religion.

It is in matters like this and IGR that governors exercise and show that we are in a federation. But when it comes to employing workers to deliver common services and facilities plus utilities, they will pretend as if it is only the FG that is responsible.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by kennyz247(m): 5:58am
Happy new year my Muslim brothers
I pray this year brings more love and unity in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by Jaapu: 6:14am
Donvictor2015:
Werey grin grin grin

Original one. Dem Igbos no fit get mouth for this thread like this. 🤣🤣🤣
Re: New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by Augustine2244(m): 6:30am
I miss the Muslim North.During my Service year in Niger state,it was so pleasurable experience.
I intend to go back to the state soon to expand my agro business there.
Muslims there are so accommodating and would even pay for your market purchases or give you products for free, once they have gotten acquainted with you.
I enjoyed being among Nupe Muslims so much.
Whether corper or not, Northern Muslims would show you pure Undiluted love and brotherly affiliation.
I have met countless numbers of my Igbo brethren there in the state having great relationships with them.

1 Like

Re: New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by Iceberg3: 7:02am
Jaapu:

Original one. Dem Igbos no fit get mouth for this thread like this. 🤣🤣🤣
anonimi:

On a weekly basis.................no wonder they are all over Nigeria claiming developer title upandan cheesy
Digixtreme:
Its been on in the east
Donvictor2015:
Werey grin grin grin
on a Monday morning,these old agbalagbas and agbayas have chosen to continue their foolishness!
Big4nothing JOHNBULLs,SHIOR
Re: New Islamic Year: Governor Radda Declares Monday Work-free Day by Dpharisee: 7:04am
straighttalk:
Radda Radda

Celebrating New Year is alien to Islam. It has no trace to our rightly guided predecessors. It's has no basis, it's unacceptable. It's an illegality.
So its an alien innovation, you could be called an infidel by our northern brothers for this comment

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Gets 19 Years' Jail For Love Scam / How Nigerians Defied Gabonese Security To Welcome Jonathan ! / Aisha 2, Whats With You And Buhari?

Viewing this topic: ogbads, kyuniii(m), ytdivine(m), Meyldon and 19 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.