Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,299 members, 7,971,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 09:48 PM

‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo (17445 Views)

Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved / Modupe Odele Goes Into Exile After ‘Second Encounter With Immigration' / Emir Sanusi Was Forced Into Exile In Nasarawa Against His Will – Legal team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by BlackfireX: 11:11pm On Jul 07
Story story story
Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by Max24: 11:16pm On Jul 07
Anguldi:

Road side talk, they abused their office by giving loans without collateral to family and friends without paying. I think Cecilia ibru was worst hit
What family and friends? What that guy said was the truth. Sanusi called them a bad name in order to hang them. Thank God he is now facing his Karma. Didn't he sell the banks to his associates? Whatever a man sows he shall reap. Soludos consolidation was transparent but Sanusis was vindictive.

2 Likes

Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by Eriokanmi: 11:48pm On Jul 07
vanbonattel:
That was a funny period, northern owned banks refused to shore up their capital, they believed that nobody can close their banks, after the banks that didn't meet up were folded, they came out fighting that the south monopolized everything.

Then Sanusi was drafted to correct the whole imagined imbalance. He quickly targeted Erastus Akingbola, Cecelia Ibru and a few other southern banks for crashing . grin

Na so my grandfather told me
This no be grandfather mata, it happened not long ago, so you should know, except you weren't born that time. Obj's fierce policies against corrupt politicians gave soludo the confidence. Obj really tried. He gave all those who worked with him his full support. He built the economy out of nothing.
Our reserves were built up and attained the highest peak in a decade, when crude was sold for less than 40usd per barrel at a time. I remember the monetisation programme. That one yielded huge positive results and made civil servants become prudent. You must explain where you got money to buy 2 cars as a senior civilservant from. He stepped on toes, even his friends who owned banks were affected. There was discipline. Obj would be going to his ota farm with just 3 bullet proof Mercedes benz Gwagon convoy on weekends with a transparent screen. I would be afraid each time he passed our area, praying nobody attacked him on the way cos you could see him clearly through the window. Emilokan came to lagos and convoy be like say dem dey sell cars. Nonsense

Emilokan can never be so prudent. See the presidential yatch, see the new jets for him and the vp, instead of fixing the fleets on ground if they truly care....how can Nigeria develop in this mess? I remember tafa balogun, obj's close friend who was IG at that time. He was found in the web of corruption and he dealt with him. He found atiku in same Web and sent him away, despite being VP. He was operating from outside. I don't pray atiku becomes president of Nigeria. He's as worse as tinubu in prudence. They both spend like what we call apa in yoruba.

A lot of his policies were geared towards the improvement of our economy. More so, he put the square pegs in square holes, starting from Joseph sanusi as the cbn governor before he appointed soludo. They were so complete and each of them did their best in their terms in office.

Unlike this jaujau president's administration in which anyone who refuses to agree with his warped economic policies is seen as a non-yoruba or ibo by his illiterate followers. Obj remains the father of Nigeria.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by Benwallt(m): 11:57pm On Jul 07
At least your son did not turn gay like the unfortunate Agulu fraudster whose only son is a f..got. your wife and children dey with you while that renegades's family chaced him to X where he currently lives
Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by GboyegaD(m): 12:00am On Jul 08
It was the best reform in the Nigerian banking sector hoerver, Soludo's greed is one of the reasons the project failed. The banks did not support the real sector why he pushed for the recapitalization of banks and pursued margin facilities instead. He did nothing to stop it because they were able to buy him over.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by Tektronics12: 12:33am On Jul 08
Nonsense, you reduced the number of banks instead of creating more banks. What is the point of Consolidation when there is no production?.

Nigeria needs at least 7,000 different banks serving people at federal level, state level, local government level and grass root to be successful like China. Just encouraged and regulate banks to create credit and lend to Productive sector.

Nigerian banks of today don't give money to the real sector which helps production, reduce inflation and poverty but only financial sector which are unproductive and for the Rich.

Lets tell ourselves the truth first and face reality.
Islie:
‘My family went into exile’ — Soludo says banking sector consolidation was ‘dangerous war’

https://www.thecable.ng/my-family-went-into-exile-soludo-says-banking-sector-consolidation-was-dangerous-war/amp/

2 Likes

Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by Sirianese: 12:44am On Jul 08
Melagros:
COMRADES are speechless, I don't think there's any work which is without its own risk

Soludo is lying he did not send hia family into exile because of anybody!

He had relocated them abroad immediately he became CBN governor and started seeing big money, long before rhe consolidation exercise

2 Likes

Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by Namigotalktru: 12:58am On Jul 08
vanbonattel:
That was a funny period, northern owned banks refused to shore up their capital, they believed that nobody can close their banks, after the banks that didn't meet up were folded, they came out fighting that the south monopolized everything.

Then Sanusi was drafted to correct the whole imagined imbalance. He quickly targeted Erastus Akingbola, Cecelia Ibru and a few other southern banks for crashing . grin

I am happy this is the first statement.

All through democracy first Obj then subsequent southern presidents (GEJ) have targeted the north in all spheres from banking (bank of the north etc) to civil services (Orasanye report which targeted and removed high level northern technocrats leaving a knowledge gap the system is yet to recover from) to business (the continued targeting of Kano based and originated business men) etc

The difference between the north and south is

1. We fight back for our rights without wailing
2. We spend our time in power allowing others to thrive without trying to wreck their regions or indeed the systems keeping Nigeria afloat.

If a leader comes in and decides to build this country setting silly biases aside we will be the power house that has others trembling and targeting us.

Cecilia just like many of the so-called banking magnates are crooks using people’s funds and interest to build their personal fortunes same as any crooked politician. But we’ll leave that discussion for another day.

It’s amazing what an amazing book launch by the governor in Umuahia it’s inspiring how these people feel safe enough to hold major events at home

1 Like

Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by OMOKI1: 1:32am On Jul 08
The North fought Soludo,fiercely .The 19 Northern States could not raise a 'meagre' N25Billion
to save Bank of the North (owned by 19 northern states) were as an individual from the South
raised same amount to consolidate Equitoria Trust Bank. While Mr Jim Ovia,Aig Imoukhuede,Tony Elumelu ,
Tayo Aderinokun,Fola Adeola and others in the South worked so hard to avoid Soludo sledge hammer,
Bank of the North was waiting for federal govt feeding bottle.

2 Likes

Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by jara: 2:36am On Jul 08
Yes, Soludo printed Naira and took his cut but what we have in Nigeria are bare faced brazen looters.

Even Obasanjo who was clean as a Military President, after jail and bankruptcy, he came back and took part of the national cake.

Nevertheless, Obasanjo and Soludo stood out as prudent. Nobody has come close to their records in Government.

3 Likes

Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by Jamie248: 3:19am On Jul 08
Benwallt:
At least your son did not urn gay like the unfortunate Agulu fraudster whose only son is a f..got. your wife and children dey with you why that renegades's family chaced to X where he currently lives

You're so pathetic
Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by Benwallt(m): 3:25am On Jul 08
Jamie248:

You're so pathetic

So are you

1 Like

Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by BigIyanga: 3:35am On Jul 08
Kobojunkie:
No mind dem! All of them are talebearers! undecided
He had the tightest security under OBJ when the country was safe and secure. He moved his family to UK when he was fighting polymer case … also because of his political ambitions. PDP and Atiku bankrolled his gubernatoral elections until he switched to APGA.
Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by Calylove: 4:39am On Jul 08
I have not looked at the bank regulations nor our law books but I am sure there are checks that would have revealed challenges in those banks long ahead. If they are seen ahead, remedial actions should have followed instead of total clamp-down. For example, there are illegal places that people build houses and later the government will show up, that the place is under acquisition. My question is that, where was the government when the first block was laid in those places.

2 Likes

Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by SKYHIGHfx: 5:27am On Jul 08
CrushObituaries:
Thank God they were in exile when soludo spoke about bitter grievingory Obi's investment. Who knows what the casualties will be

Full pls stop
Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by loswhite(m): 6:14am On Jul 08
GboyegaD:
It was the best reform in the Nigerian banking sector hoerver, Soludo's greed is one of the reasons the project failed. The banks did not support the real sector why he pushed for the recapitalization of banks and pursued margin facilities instead. He did nothing to stop it because they were able to buy him over.
There is no one that can please Nigerian Citizens….lol. This how every one was complaining about Goodluck and screaming Buhari…lol now him don finally scatter the table
Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by loswhite(m): 6:19am On Jul 08
Namigotalktru:

I am happy this is the first statement.

All through democracy first Obj then subsequent southern presidents (GEJ) have targeted the north in all spheres from banking (bank of the north etc) to civil services (Orasanye report which targeted and removed high level northern technocrats leaving a knowledge gap the system is yet to recover from) to business (the continued targeting of Kano based and originated business men) etc

The difference between the north and south is

1. We fight back for our rights without wailing
2. We spend our time in power allowing others to thrive without trying to wreck their regions or indeed the systems keeping Nigeria afloat.

If a leader comes in and decides to build this country setting silly biases aside we will be the power house that has others trembling and targeting us.

Cecilia just like many of the so-called banking magnates are crooks using people’s funds and interest to build their personal fortunes same as any crooked politician. But we’ll leave that discussion for another day.

It’s amazing what an amazing book launch by the governor in Umuahia it’s inspiring how these people feel safe enough to hold major events at home
So what did your useless Northern Brother Buhari did when he entered power? Are you not seeing the massive destruction he did to the country? Even a Blind man knows that your northern Brother destroyed Nigeria. It is obvious you are worst than a blind man if you are not aware.

1 Like

Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by ultim: 7:10am On Jul 08
Islie:
‘My family went into exile’ — Soludo says banking sector consolidation was ‘dangerous war’

https://www.thecable.ng/my-family-went-into-exile-soludo-says-banking-sector-consolidation-was-dangerous-war/amp/

Your family went into hiding not exile. Chai Gramma
Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by stanluiz(m): 8:42am On Jul 08
Eriokanmi:
This no be grandfather mata, it happened not long ago, so you should know, except you weren't born that time. Obj's fierce policies against corrupt politicians gave soludo the confidence. Obj really tried. He gave all those who worked with him his full support. He built the economy out of nothing.
Our reserves were built up and attained the highest peak in a decade, when crude was sold for less than 40usd per barrel at a time. I remember the monetisation programme. That one yielded huge positive results and made civil servants become prudent. You must explain where you got money to buy 2 cars as a senior civilservant from. He stepped on toes, even his friends who owned banks were affected. There was discipline. Obj would be going to his ota farm with just 3 bullet proof Mercedes benz Gwagon convoy on weekends with a transparent screen. I would be afraid each time he passed our area, praying nobody attacked him on the way cos you could see him clearly through the window. Emilokan came to lagos and convoy be like say dem dey sell cars. Nonsense

Emilokan can never be so prudent. See the presidential yatch, see the new jets for him and the vp, instead of fixing the fleets on ground if they truly care....how can Nigeria develop in this mess? I remember tafa balogun, obj's close friend who was IG at that time. He was found in the web of corruption and he dealt with him. He found atiku in same Web and sent him away, despite being VP. He was operating from outside. I don't pray atiku becomes president of Nigeria. He's as worse as tinubu in prudence. They both spend like what we call apa in yoruba.

A lot of his policies were geared towards the improvement of our economy. More so, he put the square pegs in square holes, starting from Joseph sanusi as the cbn governor before he appointed soludo. They were so complete and each of them did their best in their terms in office.

Unlike this jaujau president's administration in which anyone who refuses to agree with his warped economic policies is seen as a non-yoruba or ibo by his illiterate followers. Obj remains the father of Nigeria.
Tinubu na money miss road!

He can't give what he doesn't have.
Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by stanluiz(m): 8:48am On Jul 08
Tektronics12:
Nonsense, you reduced the number of banks instead of creating more banks. What is the point of Consolidation when there is no production?.

Nigeria needs at least 7,000 different banks serving people at federal level, state level, local government level and grass root to be successful like China. Just encouraged and regulate banks to create credit and lend to Productive sector.

Nigerian banks of today don't give money to the real sector which helps production, reduce inflation and poverty but only financial sector which are unproductive and for the Rich.

Lets tell ourselves the truth first and face reality.
You are right.

Nigeria banking is a mess. Only for the rich corrupt individual and elites.
Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by Kobojunkie: 12:54pm On Jul 08
loswhite:
There is no one that can please Nigerian Citizens….lol. This how every one was complaining about Goodluck and screaming Buhari…lol now him don finally scatter the table
Mediocrity and criminal behavior should never be celebrated. undecided
Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by jude79(m): 3:07pm On Jul 08
vanbonattel:

It wasn't soludo's tenure, it was sanusi's tenure that cicilia ibru and erastus akingbola were brought down.

1 Like

Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by Munzy14(m): 3:18pm On Jul 08
vanbonattel:

Where is the lie na?😁

Your Dad said the truth.

The north rallied around Sanusi then..They even used him to fight Jonathan and compensated him with Emirship.

Most of those who fought Jonathan have been settled personally by God.

From Atiku, saraki,Amaechi, sanusi plenty of them.🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by loswhite(m): 3:31pm On Jul 08
Kobojunkie:
Mediocrity and criminal behavior should never be celebrated. undecided
Go and contribute your above mediocrity so we can celebrate you.
Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Jul 08
loswhite:
Go and contribute your above mediocrity so we can celebrate you.
If you cannot give anything above mediocrity and/or criminality do not step forward at all. undecided
Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by GboyegaD(m): 5:22pm On Jul 08
loswhite:

If you are not in the banking sector around that time to know what was going on, I would say you should try to read up happenings in the industry that period. The objective of recapitalization never came to the fore thus, it could be called a jamboree.
Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by loswhite(m): 8:47pm On Jul 08
GboyegaD:

If you are not in the banking sector around that time to know what was going on, I would say you should try to read up happenings in the industry that period. The objective of recapitalization never came to the fore thus, it could be called a jamboree.
If you were in the banking sector then as you claimed and you cannot see the impact of the recapitalization then I give up. I remember how Buhari was criticizing everything….lol finally he became the president and he completely scattered the table.
Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by loswhite(m): 8:48pm On Jul 08
Kobojunkie:
If you cannot give anything above mediocrity and/or criminality do not step forward at all. undecided
lol if you cannot contribute anything please don’t criticize those that are contributing.
Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Jul 08
loswhite:
lol if you cannot contribute anything please don’t criticize those that are contributing.
Your mentality is exactly to blame for why Nigeria is where it is today. The people's refusal to act against — criticize and bring down— those in public offices is mostly to blame for the state of the Nigerian democracy. Democracy is government for the people by the people.(The people are meant to continually judge and criticize all acts of mediocrity and/or criminality in all corners of their government, demanding resolutions where necessary.) undecided

1 Like

Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by GboyegaD(m): 9:18pm On Jul 08
loswhite:
If you were in the banking sector then as you claimed and you cannot see the impact of the recapitalization then I give up. I remember how Buhari was criticizing everything….lol finally he became the president and he completely scattered the table.

You tell me what the impact is? If you think bank opening branches and hiring is the great impact, then you do not understand the purpose of recapitalization. The success of a program is measured by the extent to which the objective of the program is achieved. That said, if the objective of the program is followed, the side benefits like increase in employment will still have happened.
Re: ‘my Family Went Into Exile’, Banking Sector Consolidation Was ‘dangerous: Soludo by loswhite(m): 10:28pm On Jul 08
Kobojunkie:
Your mentality is exactly to blame for why Nigeria is where it is today. The people's refusal to act against — criticize and bring down— those in public offices is mostly to blame for the state of the Nigerian democracy. Democracy is government for the people by the people.(The people are meant to continually judge and criticize all acts of mediocrity and/or criminality in all corners of their government, demanding resolutions where necessary.) undecided
Shut up! What had your mentality done for Nigeria? You sit down and criticize with zero contribution.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emefiele Should Resign - Save Nigeria Anti-Corruption Initiative / NANS Threatens To Shut Down Nigeria Over FG's Planned Subsidy Removal / You’re Worst Of All Our Enemies, IPOB Replies Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.