Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,672 members, 7,930,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 03:24 PM

At 82, I Still Flee From Sexual Temptation, Says Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / At 82, I Still Flee From Sexual Temptation, Says Adeboye (108 Views)

No Amount Of Anointing Can Fight Sexual Temptation, Says Adeboye / My Greatest Sexual Temptation As A Christian / Why You Must Turn Away From Sexual Perversion: Homosexuality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At 82, I Still Flee From Sexual Temptation, Says Adeboye by Kingzjayzee: 10:05pm On Jul 07
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, says he is still wary of sexual immorality despite his ‘anointing’ and years in the ministry.

Adeboye said despite his age, he runs faster than before to avoid any form of sexual temptation, noting that no amount of anointing can fight it.

The cleric also warned ministers of the gospel to be wary of sexual immorality and the erroneous belief that their ‘anointing’ could help them withstand any temptation.

He stated these during a sermon at the just concluded Ministers & Workers Conference of RCCG Americas 1, which consists of North, Central & Caribbean with the theme: “The Glory Ahead”.

During the sermon shared on his YouTube page on Friday, Adeboye noted that Samson, who was a judge in Israel, fell into sexual immorality despite the anointing over him.

He said, “Somebody says, at your age, why are you still running? I run faster than before because the closer you get to the finishing point, the more careful you must be.

“Some of you can say, ‘Daddy, what are you saying, are you still running?’ I run fast.

“‘With all your anointing?’ Does anointing turn your body to stone? Samson was anointed. Single-handedly, he killed a thousand soldiers. A woman finished him. I hope the boys are listening.

“You can say, ‘Is anybody still interested in an 82-year-old man?’ She is not interested in you but interested in putting an end to all the great works God has done through you.

“You see that woman smiling at you everywhere you go, she is there smiling, and she is not your wife, run.”

Adeboye also counselled youths to be careful of lust, urging them to run away from anything that looks like sin.

He added, “And you girls, when you see a boy smiling at you saying, ‘Where have you been all my life? It looks as if the sun has just come out.’

“He is calling you sunshine. By the time he finishes with you, you won’t even know the difference between sunshine and sunset. You may laugh but mark my words.

“I do warn my children, particularly the boys. I said if the devil comes against you, tell the devil to get lost, but when you see a girl smiling at you in a funny way, run because you can’t win the battle.”

https://punchng.com/at-82-i-still-flee-from-sexual-temptation-says-adeboye/

1 Like

Re: At 82, I Still Flee From Sexual Temptation, Says Adeboye by jchioma: 10:10pm On Jul 07
Wise counsel borne out of the experience of a lifetime.

1 Like

Re: At 82, I Still Flee From Sexual Temptation, Says Adeboye by Righthussle: 10:13pm On Jul 07
Mtch Shift abeg. Thus old cunning man no wan protest for the betterment of Nigeria again abi after helping to kick out one of the best nigerian presidents ever.

Now na only yeye breast and sex stories him dey talk.

1 Like

Re: At 82, I Still Flee From Sexual Temptation, Says Adeboye by Samesame247: 10:24pm On Jul 07
How the prick no go rise when tinubu wife don credit you her tithes and offering and you stl dey loot your poor congregation especially old poor widows.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

One Of The Youngest Church Drummers In Nigeria Is In Akwa Ibom State / What If Joseph Had Slept With Potiphar's Wife? / Prophesy For Oriyomi Hamzat, The TRUTH About Muyideen & Pst Agbala Gabriel Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.