Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,506 members, 7,885,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 12:59 AM

Moonlit Night - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Moonlit Night (37 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Moonlit Night by Heavenlydemon(m): 12:59am On Jul 08
Hello Friends whàt do you think about this story "Moonlit Vigil"

Chapter 1: The Mysterious Client

Lyra Flynn crouched on the rooftop, her eyes fixed on the figure below. The moon cast an silver glow over the city, illuminating the mysterious client who had requested her presence. Lyra's past was marked by violence and bloodshed, her skills honed in the brutal arenas of the underworld. She had survived by any means necessary, her body bearing the scars of countless battles.

As she gazed down at Raven, her mind flashed back to the night her parents were murdered, their bodies left in a pool of blood. The trauma had shaped her into a deadly weapon, driven by a thirst for justice.

Raven's voice snapped her back to the present. "You're the one they call the Moonlit Vigilante."

Lyra nodded, her hand resting on the hilt of her sword. "Who are you, and what do you want?"

Raven stepped forward, their features revealed in the moonlight. "I have a job that requires your... unique skills. Meet me at the old windmill on the outskirts of town at midnight. Come alone."

Without another word, Raven vanished into the night, leaving Lyra with a sense of unease. She knew that in this world, allegiances were fleeting, and loyalty was a luxury she couldn't afford.

As she leapt from the rooftop, her body arched through the air, her sword at the ready. The night was full of secrets, and Lyra was prepared to uncover them, no matter the cost.

Chapter 2: The Midnight Meeting

Lyra arrived at the old windmill on the outskirts of town, her sword at the ready. The moon cast an eerie glow over the abandoned structure, its sails creaking in the wind. Raven waited for her, their eyes gleaming with an otherworldly intensity.

"So, you're the one who's been leaving a trail of bodies across the city," Raven said, their voice low and husky. "Impressive. But can you handle something more... delicate?"

Lyra raised an eyebrow. "What kind of job are we talking about?"

Raven smiled, their lips curling up in a sly grin. "I have a package that needs to be delivered to the city's underground lord, Azrael. He's not someone to be trifled with, but I think you're up for the task."

Lyra's instincts screamed warning, but her curiosity got the better of her. "What's in the package?"

Raven chuckled. "Let's just say it's a little something to... spice up Azrael's evening. You'll be paid handsomely, of course."

Lyra hesitated, her mind racing with possibilities. She knew that getting involved with Azrael would be dangerous, but the promise of payment and the thrill of the job were too enticing to resist.

"Alright, I'm in," she said finally, her voice firm.

Raven handed her a small, intricately carved box. "Deliver this to Azrael personally. And be careful – he has eyes and ears everywhere."

Lyra took the box, her heart pounding in her chest. She knew that she was walking into a dangerous game, but she was ready to play.

©️ Johnpaul Okoye 🌹

Kindly write what you think or recommendations🌹

(1) (Reply)

Best Laundry Franchise In India | Fabrico Laundry / Join The Dr. Kester Awani Foundation / Asad Mahmood New York: A Renowned Heart Surgeon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.