Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,368 members, 7,971,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:35 AM

Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft (16082 Views)

Hoodlums Attack Council Headquarters In Ebonyi, Set Election Materials Ablaze / South-South Governors Set To Float Regional Security outfit / 2023: Are Atiku, Tinubu In Secret Moves To Float 3rd Force? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by Mrexcell(m): 8:45am On Jul 08
Abagworo:
This Nwifuru man is turning out absolute disappointment. He should stop investing more money in the Airport and find something else to do with the funds. I thought his major focus would have been investments in human capital development. Most Ebonyi natives know their priority and they have been outspoken about it but every successive Governor does what he likes and not what the people want.

So u want the governor to abandon over #35b airport to waste away without looking for ways to put it to use?
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by EdiskyHarry: 8:53am On Jul 08
Very funny 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by Amayabor1: 9:04am On Jul 08
Lol. This state is just going into an unstainable venture. Airport and airplanes are not the problems of Ebony now. Literacy is still very low in Ebonyi (one of the lowest in the country). Healthcare there is next to zero. State government hospitals are moribund. There is better suffering and hunger there. Yet, the state is pumping money into an airport and airplanes that 98% of Ebonyians can't use.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by Amayabor1: 9:07am On Jul 08
Mrexcell:

So u want the governor to abandon over #35b airport to waste away without looking for ways to put it to use?

And how does he intend to put it to use? Some of you still don't understand it. Ebonyi is one of the poorest state in Nigeria. They have one of the lowest literacy in this country. There is suffering in that land. Healthcare there is zero. In sane countries, Umahi ought to be investigated by an anti-corruption agency.

If you see the sufferings, poor education, and poor health care in your state and you decide to build an airport (and now buy airplanes) that 98% of your people can't use, then you are heartless and need to be questioned. How many people flies into and out of Ebonyi? How many airlines go to Ebonyi airport? How many airlines have touched down or departed from Ebonyi airport since it was built?

The airport has just been hosting planes carrying the governor. Nobody else flies into and out of Ebonyi

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by Ezepikin: 9:31am On Jul 08
Ebonyi should focus on economies of scale. They have huge potential in farming. Ebonyi State can feed the SE if the govt decides to invest in mechanized farming than buying aircraft with little or zero ROI.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by mctech(m): 9:54am On Jul 08
Is this not stupidity. Politicians using the people's money to build airlines for themselves in places that have no good road or potable water.
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by blowjohn(m): 10:06am On Jul 08
Who be the people wey dey fly enter ebonyi?
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by Mrexcell(m): 10:13am On Jul 08
Amayabor1:

And how does he intend to put it to use? Some of you still don't understand it. Ebonyi is one of the poorest state in Nigeria. They have one of the lowest literacy in this country. There is suffering in that land. Healthcare there is zero. In sane countries, Umahi ought to be investigated by an anti-corruption agency.

If you see the sufferings, poor education, and poor health care in your state and you decide to build an airport (and now buy airplanes) that 98% of your people can't use, then you are heartless and need to be questioned. How many people flies into and out of Ebonyi? How many airlines go to Ebonyi airport? How many airlines have touched down or departed from Ebonyi airport since it was built?

The airport has just been hosting planes carrying the governor. Nobody else flies into and out of Ebonyi

Ebonyi people might be ranked as one of the poorest states in nigeria but they still have have the abilities to dream very big no one should take that away from them. Anything is very possible for those that believes and work hard to achieve their dreams in life.
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by dbestcno(m): 10:19am On Jul 08
While Ebonyi state indigenes love night bus attachment. Abi attachment go dey the flights?
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by dbestcno(m): 10:20am On Jul 08
Benwallt:

One hardly hears of it.

Visit there
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by Okechinwadike: 10:21am On Jul 08
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Please tell me the number of people that can afford air travel?
Leave those politicians alone, they all know what they are doing. Except, you are benefiting from contracts in those white elephant projects,?
Nigeria is so blessed but the politicians won't think rather they are experts in exclusion and tribalism/religion kind of politics and development.
An international conference centre in the state is even more viable than that project.
if we check well now you are from Anambra that's the way you people do always looking down on people. have you been to ebonyi before? if you can't millions of ebonyi people can do it, nobody in my family that cannot afford flight not a brag ooooo just trying to correct you and let you know how to stop looking down on person and people. i must not be obi cubanna or do show like him before you regard me or people, millions of millionaires living in ebonyi I know get that into your head

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by Hedonisco: 10:26am On Jul 08
Amayabor1:

While I agree that an airport is likely not a priority for Ebonyi State now, you can't possibly convince me that Ebonyi, in the South East, has the lowest literacy rate in Nigeria, or is even among the poorest States in Nigeria. On what indices? What about States like Kebbi, Jigawa and the rest?
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by MasterJayJay: 10:26am On Jul 08
Okechinwadike:
if we check well now you are from Anambra that's the way you people do always looking down on people. have you been to ebonyi before? if you can't millions of ebonyi people can do it, nobody in my family that cannot afford flight not a brag ooooo just trying to correct you and let you know how to stop looking down on person and people. i must not be obi cubanna or do show like him before you regard me or people, millions of millionaires living in ebonyi I know get that into your head
You dey talk dust. Millions of people in Ebonyi will afford flight ticket? You think say ticket na 500 naira?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by EUGENEINYANG(m): 10:30am On Jul 08
Story
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by djon78(m): 10:39am On Jul 08
It will help tourism in the state

Just like Ibom Air opened up Akwa Ibom

A very good initiative
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by Okechinwadike: 10:54am On Jul 08
MasterJayJay:

You dey talk dust. Millions of people in Ebonyi will afford flight ticket? You think say ticket na 500 naira?
I paid #172k from emene enugu state to Abuja is that a big thing? you don't have doesn't me every body no get. try and learn how to stop looking down on person and people. I have seen ebonyi man that deal on food stuffs achi, ogbono, egusi, just food stuffs but doubt if obi cubanna get money pass the man. he doesn't know how to read or write oooooo but his pocket hmmmmm

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by Amayabor1: 11:11am On Jul 08
Hedonisco:

While I agree that an airport is likely not a priority for Ebonyi State now, you can't possibly convince me that Ebonyi, in the South East, has the lowest literacy rate in Nigeria, or is even among the poorest States in Nigeria. On what indices? What about States like Kebbi, Jigawa and the rest?

I never said Ebonyi has the lowest literacy rate in Nigeria. I said Ebonyi has one of the lowest literacy rate in Nigeria and it is also one of the poorest state in Nigeria.(emphasis on "one of the"

Infact, it has the lowest literacy rate and highest poverty in the South East.

In fact, it is the poorest state in southern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by shizzleStar: 11:47am On Jul 08
MasterJayJay:

READ READ READ!!

They want to buy the planes to make Ebonyi airport to work. Go and read the post.
They will make Ebonyi the economic hub of southeast because of only 4 planes, that's their plan.

Fact is that Ebonyi airport is a white elephant project.

If Ebonyi traffic is profitable, many airlines would have started landing and taking off there.
don't expect any iota of common sense from an average yaroba man , how much more a tinupoo supporter
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by shizzleStar: 11:53am On Jul 08
Okechinwadike:
don't be stupid you fool

People are talking about the economic viability and sustenance of the project and you're here talking nonsense.

That is how you fools look for what isn't looking for you, what has his comment got to do with being from Anambra or not? You lots always displaying your inherent hatred and inferiority complex at the slightest opportunity.

I guess everyone on this thread that criticized the project or called it a white elephant project is also from Anambra right??

Anuofia!

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by Okechinwadike: 11:57am On Jul 08
shizzleStar:
don't be stupid you fool

People are talking about the economic viability and sustenance of the project and you're here talking nonsense.

That is how you fools look for what isn't looking for you, what has his comment got to do with being from Anambra or not? You lots always displaying your inherent hatred and inferiority complex at the slightest opportunity.

I guess everyone on this thread that criticized the project or called it a white elephant project is also from Anambra right??

Anuofia!
you are a madman, Anambra own is good but ebonyi own is white elephant project ewu. inferiority complex kill you there ezi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by 9japride(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08
Okechinwadike:
[color=#006600][/color]

I am not looking down on Ebonyi people. I am just stating the fact. For example in Anambra, you have Onitsha Market, Nnewi and other development in the state that attracts people.
Why can't the government embark on project that will directly impact on the masses?
The elites are just using state resources to flex, how does that project affect the average man there?
Let's leave sentiments and call out politicians when they are doing the wrong things. They are not perfect.
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by kedeojo(m): 12:08pm On Jul 08
Oxb90:
Why can't these politicians consult properly?
Ebonyi has fertile land, and Nigerians are experiencing difficulty in feeding. For a government that knows it's onions, now is the best time to invest in agriculture.
Investment in agriculture will provide massive employment to the citizens of this country.
What you said is good but also know that the airport has already been built by the previous administration and since no willing airline to operate, the current governor has now went on agreement to buy one fully and the partners providing for the remaining three. What he need to do is to give incentives by the airline that other local operator has not done. Honestly Umahi should have invested that amount on agriculture. They have the land and manpower cos many ebonyi indigene I used to come across back then in Benin, like farming and some even own farms in their state. During farming season they go and pay others to supervise it and later go again during harvest. The way they talk of the profit they made but may not be big due to low capital. What I take from them is that their lands are fertile. Most governors keep building misplaced priority project. Imagine Umahi used all the money channeled to the airport on agriculture, by know they will be feeding south east and even south south and the state revenue will shore up and the multiplying effect will be enormous in the state.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by Okechinwadike: 12:11pm On Jul 08
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I am not looking down on Ebonyi people. I am just stating the fact. For example in Anambra, you have Onitsha Market, Nnewi and other development in the state that attracts people.
Why can't the government embark on project that will directly impact on the masses?
The elites are just using state resources to flex, how does that project affect the average man there?
Let's leave sentiments and call out politicians when they are doing the wrong things. They are not perfect.
what of in akwa ibom which market do the have? have you stayed in ebonyi before, stayed years? why jumping into conclusion besides you are not from ebonyi and the people are not complaining.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by comrChris(m): 12:11pm On Jul 08
Amayabor1:
Lol. This state is just going into an unstainable venture. Airport and airplanes are not the problems of Ebony now. Literacy is still very low in Ebonyi (one of the lowest in the country). Healthcare there is next to zero. State government hospitals are moribund. There is better suffering and hunger there. Yet, the state is pumping money into an airport and airplanes that 98% of Ebonyians can't use.
You should have made it 100%, yeye People

If only you have been to Afikpo, to see the kind of structures boys are building there, you won't be here talking about 98% of Eboyians not affording flight ticket,l mean only Afikpo, not to talk about other places like uburu and edda.

One wonders why your state governors have not appointed you all, since you have turned yourselves to advisors that knows what every state government should do.

You all are just being jealous of Ebonyi since the state didn't turn out to be what you all wanted it to be

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by Amayabor1: 12:40pm On Jul 08
comrChris:
You should have made it 100%, yeye People

If only you have been to Afikpo, to see the kind of structures boys are building there, you won't be here talking about 98% of Eboyians not affording flight ticket,l mean only Afikpo, not to talk about other places like uburu and edda.

One wonders why your state governors have not appointed you all, since you have turned yourselves to advisors that knows what every state government should do.

You all are just being jealous of Ebonyi since the state didn't turn out to be what you all wanted it to be

Lol. First, I lived in Ebonyi for 5 years. I lived in abakaliki, Uburu, okposi. I know what I am saying. It is not about Yahoo boys building structures. How many Ebonyians fly into and out of Ebonyi? Since Ebonyi airport has been built, how many airplanes have taken off and landed in that airport? How many local airlines go to Ebonyi airport? These are the issues. It's not about emotions. Ebonyi doesn't need an airport now. Not in a state where almost all the state hospitals are dead. If not for fetha and Nofic (both of which are federal hospitals), the situation would have been worse. How many Ebonyians go to school? How many are in Ebsu?

Ebonyi is the poorest state in the South East.
Ebonyi is the poorest state in southern Nigeria.

These are all facts. Your emotions can't change it.

Ebonyi has more pressing issues than building airport and buying airplanes

Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by SpatialKing(m): 1:02pm On Jul 08
Groovedaddy:
Who is the bastard governor of Ebonyi one of the poorest states in the federation

Has he tarred all the roads, paid pensioners, what has he done to ameliorate thr power situation in that state?

We are all looking at the Federal govt but the states need to be saved from mismanagement

Typical of APC
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by 9japride(m): 1:09pm On Jul 08
Okechinwadike:
what of in akwa ibom which market do the have? have you stayed in ebonyi before, stayed years? why jumping into conclusion besides you are not from ebonyi and the people are not complaining.
[color=#006600][/color]

I want eastern region to progress collectively. Wastage should stop.
Akwa Ibom is an oil rich state and cannot be compared to Ebonyi.
Our politicians should do the right things. It's very simple.
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by 9japride(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08
shizzleStar:
don't be stupid you fool

Anuofia!
[color=#006600][/color]

Don't mind that moniker. Some kind of reasoning here is really terrible.
The state is rich in agriculture, why can't the government invest in agriculture?
I just wonder who those advising these politicians? To me many of them are benefiting from contracts not minding if it has any direct impact on the masses.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by AsomughaChuks05: 1:30pm On Jul 08
Most Ebonyi people live in Anambra. Will they be flying the short distance from Anambra airport to go home to Ebonyi? Why not use the money to build more rice factories? Anambra has already surpassed them in rice production.
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by Okechinwadike: 1:35pm On Jul 08
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I want eastern region to progress collectively. Wastage should stop.
Akwa Ibom is an oil rich state and cannot be compared to Ebonyi.
Our politicians should do the right things. It's very simple.
am expecting this, you are just diverting the talk from how many people to oil rich state
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by 9japride(m): 2:01pm On Jul 08
Okechinwadike:
am expecting this, you are just diverting the talk from how many people to oil rich state
[color=#006600][/color]

Leave this matter. I blame other oil rich states for being a good father Christmas, that's why various states can wastes scarce resources.
Re: Ebonyi Set To Float Own Airline, Procure 4 Aircraft by ElSudani: 2:10pm On Jul 08
Put the money in agriculture and stop being stupid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US To Give Buhari $2.3bn To Fight Poverty / Budget 2020: Buhari, Osinbajo Double Their Cost Of Travels, Food To N3.5bn - PT / APC NEC Meeting: Governors To Stop Plot To Use State Chairmen Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.