Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,055 members, 7,942,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 05:29 PM

USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams (22959 Views)

Twitter Hack: FBI Investigates Major Attack / US Investigates Nigerian Fraudster Ring For Fake Unemployment Claims / Prince Mark Boley Green Card Scam Busted 'Best Sex Ever' Text Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Maysdevices(f): 7:25pm On Jul 08
They won’t condemn themselves here despite the majority of their gender being criminals

All they know how to do is insult their women meanwhile they are ten times worse morally and spiritually
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Maysdevices(f): 7:26pm On Jul 08
Hemanwel:
The guy above me: which network are you using that could be faster than MTN, which has made you beat me to the FTC position?

To the topic: ogbeni lawyer, how e take concern you? All way na way! Married or not married! Abeg leave Nigerians alone!
Leave Americans alone
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by luluman: 7:39pm On Jul 08
Melagros:
COMRADES, Nigerians can over do things, and I don't know why
You'll why if you were in their shoes

1 Like

Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Charly68: 7:46pm On Jul 08
Why are our men known for criminal matters in abroad like this . May they be deported to stop bastardizing Nigeria image
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Azazyel: 7:48pm On Jul 08
Good one. These boys marrying ancestors must stay married to them forever grin
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by AareGaa: 7:53pm On Jul 08
franchasofficia:
Sadly true.

Nigerians have been dehumanized and traumatized by decades of bad leadership by useless men who parade themselves as Presidents and Governors.

That is the problem.

Our mindset have been altered badly by the corrupt ruling class over the years and it has turned Nigerians to one of the worst humans on earth today no jokes

No excuse for crimes

Only Eebos give excuses for committing crimes
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Drenix(m): 8:11pm On Jul 08
Exousiang01:
Nigerians
We are our biggest problem. We want to put everything on the internet,unfortunately we never put up positive things. We only talk about all the bad things in our country.
We implicate ourselves alot. Things are bad in other countries but na we go cast say we wan use school Japa go UK, not to go learn but to relocate.
Na we go still cast say we no dey marry for love but for green card.
Indians travel for the same reasons we do but them no dey use am sing song.
We post about how bad our government is when someone from one country with IGR and GDP lower than even Ogun state insult us we blame government.
There are many countries in the world with more drug dealers but na Nigerians dey cast their own for internet, there are more internet fraudsters in India and Russia but the whole world knows about Nigerian yahoo boys....

Na we dey kill ourself.
What how Nigerians would start finding it more difficult to get into US real soon, all because we no go close mouth....

Someone marrys an America, what is wrong with just ccongradulating them andd walking away? NO Nigerians will tell the whole world that their fellow Nigerian who just got married just wants to get a green card. The family and friends of the American is seeing the news of the marriage on the internet and they are reading our comments....

You just said the exact
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by OdogwuEkeke(m): 8:55pm On Jul 08
When are they going to stop this tag. He is first a man before being a Nigerian. They make it always seem like we Nigerians sent him to do this. If he did something exceptional, they would say from California or Tennessee. Abeggi
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by lightwind(m): 9:49pm On Jul 08
Cherrybae:
99% are ibos, ipob, obedient. Na their way. Criminals

Who be this IDIOT ??
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Exousiang01(m): 9:58pm On Jul 08
Nanorest:

You are daft man. You guys don't deserve respect. You only see bad bad Nigeria and you guys will remain foolish.
Going through my comments from my very first yet you are saying what you are saying.
Who really is the daft person between you and me.
You just made a comment insulting me, saying I am daft yet you ended up supporting my opinion.
You must be sick in the head
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by unmask: 9:59pm On Jul 08
Exousiang01:
Nigerians
We are our biggest problem. We want to put everything on the internet,unfortunately we never put up positive things. We only talk about all the bad things in our country.
We implicate ourselves alot. Things are bad in other countries but na we go cast say we wan use school Japa go UK, not to go learn but to relocate.
We post about how bad our government is when someone from one country with IGR and GDP lower than even Ogun state insult us we blame government.
There are many countries in the world with more drug dealers but na Nigerians dey cast their own for internet, there are more internet fraudsters in India and Russia but the whole world knows about Nigerian yahoo boys....

Na we dey kill ourself.
What how Nigerians would start finding it more difficult to get into US real soon, all because we no go close mouth....

Someone marrys an America, what is wrong with just ccongradulating them andd walking away? NO Nigerians will tell the whole world that their fellow Nigerian who just got married just wants to get a green card. The family and friends of the American is seeing the news of the marriage on the internet and they are reading our comments....
People like you are the problem. You some how tried to legitimize marriage scam

1 Like

Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Exousiang01(m): 10:00pm On Jul 08
OdogwuEkeke:
When are they going to stop this tag. He is first a man before being a Nigerian. They make it always seem like we Nigerians sent him to do this. If he did something exceptional, they would say from California or Tennessee. Abeggi
You Nigerians make noise and brag about it..
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Exousiang01(m): 10:03pm On Jul 08
unmask:
People like you are the problem. You some how tried to legitimize marriage scam

Naaaa.
People like you who cannot understand basic simple English but want to rush to comment are the real problem.
Anybody who has read my comment would not say I am encouraging this. Only people who are too daft to understand basic English would say so. Guess what you are the only one who has said so.....
#slowpoke
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Nanorest: 10:12pm On Jul 08
Exousiang01:

Going through my comments from my very first yet you are saying what you are saying.
Who really is the daft person between you and me.
You just made a comment insulting me, saying I am daft yet you ended up supporting my opinion.
You must be sick in the head

You are daft man if you think it's only Nigeria that talks too much online. Go see different bad news of other countries on their platforms. Are you supposed to see all news regarding Indians when Ur interest is Nigeria?
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Exousiang01(m): 10:47pm On Jul 08
Nanorest:

You are daft man if you think it's only Nigeria that talks too much online. Go see different bad news of other countries on their platforms. Are you supposed to see all news regarding Indians when Ur interest is Nigeria?
I am still waiting for you and your father.
Bring your portfolio. Let me drop that of my 6 years old son...
Na you and your papa put together I dey talk ohhh. Join everything.
Lets compare you and your fathers networth to that of my 6 years old son.....

Person wer no reach to clean your shoe go wan dey follow person talk thrash for NL.
Your £1000 i still on the table.....

I wan see you amd your papa networth.
I dont argue with words.
I take action.
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Forkthiefnubu: 11:53pm On Jul 08
omoredia:

U mean the skull miners republic?
Na them full here Dey cause all kinds of trouble with black Americans

1 Like

Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Nanorest: 12:05am On Jul 09
Exousiang01:

I am still waiting for you and your father.
Bring your portfolio. Let me drop that of my 6 years old son...
Na you and your papa put together I dey talk ohhh. Join everything.
Lets compare you and your fathers networth to that of my 6 years old son.....

Person wer no reach to clean your shoe go wan dey follow person talk thrash for NL.
Your £1000 i still on the table.....

I wan see you amd your papa networth.
I dont argue with words.
I take action.

Does this not confirm your foolishness? You said Nigerians brag online and you are even displaying same foolishness. And you want to be the one to tell others not to talk online as if you know anything about other countries. Is your son the first kid to be rich? Even your 6 years old son will not be foolish as you are.
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Exousiang01(m): 12:17am On Jul 09
Nanorest:

Does this not confirm your foolishness? You said Nigerians brag online and you are even displaying same foolishness. And you want to be the one to tell others not to talk online as if you know anything about other countries. Is your son the first kid to be rich? Even your 6 years old son will not be foolish as you are.

I dey wait for you and you papa...
Bring it on... You amd your papa network bring the portfolio if e sure for you......

No be to dey press keyboard dey rain insult...
Bring am make we look
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Gxt95: 12:19am On Jul 09
Interesting, so the US are now investigating green card scams
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by DaddyCoool: 12:54am On Jul 09
Bobxin:
Misplaced priorities, thousands of illegals are allowed through your border day and night. But you decide to focus on Nigerians getting married to your women.

Wrong. Nigerians getting married to Nigerian women. Most of you folks never read the article. See below

Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by ObalendeCMS: 2:51am On Jul 09
Exousiang01:

So you are admitting that even off the internet some unpatriotic Nigerians like yourself have taken up jobs to devalue the country?
Good to know.
Question: How much do these guys at these embassies tell you about the bad things in their own countries?
You see the foolishness

That moniker you quoted belong to a very useless unpatriotic igbo fellow.

He won't even allow people to get help here and he won't help either.

He sounds very bitter every time!

I really wish he could fall from "riches" to rags, then he'll be HUMBLED!

Very nonsensical person!
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Aguogba(m): 3:52am On Jul 09
Orobadmeat:
Obula hama ti Wei,!!!!
Nwene mekaa
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Konquest: 5:28am On Jul 09
Glimpsetv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ApwfLwHxzM?si=cyUlvXbR3wehYJ-e

USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams

Due to the perceived high number of cases involving claims of marriage fraud by the USCIS, particularly involving men from Nigeria, it has become increasingly difficult for Nigerians to obtain visas to the US. An American lawyer, when asked about the reasons behind this, explained: “When someone from Nigeria, or any country, goes to the embassy and gets a visa to the United States, often they only receive a visitor visa if they are married. The consular official needs to know that the beneficiary of the non-immigrant application is going to return to their home country. Leaving a spouse behind is evidence that the person intends to come back.

Between 2017 and 2022, many non-immigrant visas were granted to Nigerians because they were married. Now, these marriages are under intense scrutiny. In some cases, the marriages were never valid, there wasn't a real person involved, they never formally got married, or they never formally divorced. Sometimes people fake a marriage just to get the visa, and once they arrive in the US, they file for divorce and then marry an American to obtain a green card.”

As a result of the high incidence of fake marriages and marriage fraud, the State Department is now investigating these cases, as many marriage decrees from Nigeria have been found to be fake.

The American lawyer concluded his talk with tips and advice for Nigerians on how to get their visas approved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ODFHi-Hy8A
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by Konquest: 5:31am On Jul 09
Glimpsetv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ApwfLwHxzM?si=cyUlvXbR3wehYJ-e

USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams

Due to the perceived high number of cases involving claims of marriage fraud by the USCIS, particularly involving men from Nigeria, it has become increasingly difficult for Nigerians to obtain visas to the US. An American lawyer, when asked about the reasons behind this, explained: “When someone from Nigeria, or any country, goes to the embassy and gets a visa to the United States, often they only receive a visitor visa if they are married. The consular official needs to know that the beneficiary of the non-immigrant application is going to return to their home country. Leaving a spouse behind is evidence that the person intends to come back.

Between 2017 and 2022, many non-immigrant visas were granted to Nigerians because they were married. Now, these marriages are under intense scrutiny. In some cases, the marriages were never valid, there wasn't a real person involved, they never formally got married, or they never formally divorced. Sometimes people fake a marriage just to get the visa, and once they arrive in the US, they file for divorce and then marry an American to obtain a green card.”

As a result of the high incidence of fake marriages and marriage fraud, the State Department is now investigating these cases, as many marriage decrees from Nigeria have been found to be fake.

The American lawyer concluded his talk with tips and advice for Nigerians on how to get their visas approved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ODFHi-Hy8A
I watched the two videos. Very impressive takes from the U.S. immigration lawyer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by henrybomb(m): 7:08am On Jul 09
Exousiang01:
Nigerians

Na we dey kill ourself.

You said it all💯
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by DeltaBachelor(m): 8:20am On Jul 09
Serendipity2023:

does IELTS improve chances?
definitely !
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by TheEnforcer: 12:34pm On Jul 09
sunboy:

Yes sir. And those affect ONLY people who used fake marriages to apply for visa.
Thats why they are making them scrutinize even people with genuine marriages.You have to go to extra length to prove it
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by sunboy(m): 2:28pm On Jul 09
TheEnforcer:
Thats why they are making them scrutinize even people with genuine marriages.You have to go to extra length to prove it

Nope.
Re: USCIS Investigates Nigerian Men Over Green Card Marriage Scams by unmask: 10:24pm On Jul 12
Exousiang01:

Naaaa.
People like you who cannot understand basic simple English but want to rush to comment are the real problem.
Anybody who has read my comment would not say I am encouraging this. Only people who are too daft to understand basic English would say so. Guess what you are the only one who has said so.....
#slowpoke
Lol....you should probably read what you wrote again and if you still don't see your complicity, then I shouldn't have engaged you in the first place. My detector malfunctioned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Policemen Strip, Beat, & Grope A Man With Sticks In Viral Video / Nigerian Girl Strangled To Death In Italy. / Man Arrested For Raping His Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.