Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,542 members, 7,929,756 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 09:53 PM

Ondo LG Polls Postponed Indefinitely - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo LG Polls Postponed Indefinitely (164 Views)

Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely / Lekki-Ikoyi Toll Collection Postponed Indefinitely / Adamawa Supplementary Elections Postponed Indefinitely - INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo LG Polls Postponed Indefinitely by Honbright(m): 2:41pm On Jul 08
THE Ondo State Independent Electoral Commission, ODIEC has announced the postponement of the local government election indefinitely.

ODIEC Chairman, Dr Joseph Aremo disclosed this at a meeting with stakeholders held at the commission’s headquarters in Akure.

Dr Aremo hinged the postponement on the non compliance of political parties with rules and regulations of the conduct of the election.

ODIEC Chairman while lamenting that no political party submitted any candidate’s name said the commission would review it’s activities and a new date will be communicated in due course.

Reacting to the development, Chairman, Inter Party Advisory Council, IPAC, Prince Olaoluwa Adesanya said political parties deliberately boycotted the process due to the refusal of Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa to meet with the IPAC leadership ahead of the local government election.

Prince Adesanya noted that the state governor had refused to meet with IPAC despite several letter written to him.

The Council vowed not to participate in the conduct of the election until after meeting with the governor to ascertain the level of readiness of the state government for the conduct of the council poll.

In another reaction, ODIEC Chairman, Dr Joseph Aremo described the action of IPAC as sabotaging the efforts of the commission in the conduct of the local government election.

Source...https://voiceairmedia.com/2024/07/08/flash-ondo-lg-polls-postponed-indefinitely/

Re: Ondo LG Polls Postponed Indefinitely by budaatum: 3:23pm On Jul 08
Damn! This is a lost opportunity. If I had submitted my name, Inec would have had to declare me the winner by default.

In fact, if I had submitted my name in all Ondo local government areas, I might have become the local government chairman in all local government areas in Ondo State.

buda is kicking buda for this oversight angry angry
Re: Ondo LG Polls Postponed Indefinitely by Melagros(m): 4:23pm On Jul 08
COMRADES grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Some Of The Fake News That Made Agbadorians Excited / Nigerians React To Another Officer's 360 Salute (video) / Jamb 2024 Statistics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.