Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,163 members, 7,884,050 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 10:27 PM

Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother (13074 Views)

Woman Flees After Brutalising 10-year-old Girl For Buying N100 Puff-puff / Enugu: Couple Remanded In Prison For Brutalising 10-Year-Old House Help (Photos) / Madam On Her Knees After Being Arrested For Brutalising Housemaid In Lagos. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by Newlymarried(f): 3:35pm
A mother of three has been disfigured after allegedly being brutalised by officials of the Special Anti-Touting Squad for cautioning them over their “misconduct.”

Mrs Nkemakolam Nnamani, a nursing mother, claimed she was beaten with a pestle and publicly humiliated for pleading with the squad to have mercy on an elderly woman they were allegedly assaulting.

Mrs Nnamani said while pleading on the woman's behalf, one of the squad members allegedly rushed inside an Asaba-bound commercial bus she boarded at Upper Iweka, dragged her out of the bus and, in the company of other members, used pestles, clubs and machete on her. She was then allegedly taken to their camp where she was made to pay a huge sum of money to regain her freedom.

She was taken to several orthopaedic hospitals and the squad visited her when they heard her condition was deteriorating. They gave her N50,000 and have not visited again.

Mrs Nnamani's condition has continued to worsen and she reached out to the public for financial help to continue her medical treatment and avoid having her leg amputated.

Narrating what transpired, Mrs Nnamani said: "The incident happened at Upper Iweka, near the Onitsha head bridge a few weeks ago. I was brutalised, assaulted and humiliated by the SASA operatives for questioning them for beating an elderly woman on the road.

I was in a commercial vehicle going to Asaba that fateful day. The bus was still loading at the park when I looked from the window and saw SASA officials in their uniforms and combat trousers beating up an elderly woman with pestles and subjecting the woman to all manner of assault.

As they were pounding the elderly woman, I pleaded with them to leave her alone, but one of the squad members rushed to the bus I was sitting, pulled me down, dragged me out and started using a pestle on me.

After brutalising me and battering me with a pestle on my legs, he bundled me into their vehicle and took me to their torture camp, where I was made to cough up a huge sum of money to regain my freedom, but not without more assaults and injuries they inflicted on me."

She said she couldn’t continue her journey that day as people rushed her to the hospital. She added that she was later taken to several orthopaedic hospitals.

She continued, "The injuries I sustained in the process keep expanding and now they said my leg will be amputated. Right now, I don’t have money for such.

Although the SASA squad visited me when someone who knows me among them told them my condition was deteriorating, they came in company with their leader and gave me N50,000. Since then, they have not visited me again even as my condition worsens due to lack of funds to continue my medical treatment.

Right now, I am in severe pain and in critical condition. I can’t walk since the incident as I have stopped working. It has not been easy catering to my four children in this condition. I call on Governor Chukwuma Soludo to look at my condition and come to my rescue.”
https://punchng.com/group-condemns-anambra-agents-for-allegedly-brutalising-nursing-mother/

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by Ibst: 6:40pm
Totally bad and condemnable

9 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by Jimoh7555: 7:47pm
Ah! This is not good.

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by vibemad007: 7:47pm
Give man small power

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by Elkanab: 7:47pm
That's very bad of the squad...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by DryMouth: 7:47pm
Good for her. Next time don't interfere with govt officials carrying out their job. Most women run their mouth anyhow with the orientation that they are untouchable because they are women. Rubbish.

Kudos to Anti - Touting squad

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by Hemanwel(m): 7:48pm
Thicker body.

The phrase above is a phrase with English and Yoruba meanings. If you know you know

3 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by haybhi1(m): 7:48pm
Chai MC Oluomo and Tinubu now reside in Anamabra...

Such despicable people, na dem go chase lady beat her from bike enter gutter because of masquerade or whatever... Uncouth urchins.
Haaland21:

This can never happen in SW.
Well, the last time we heard of it in SW, it was one useless Igboo guy in Ladipo using his money and might to intimidate one Yoruba lady selling stuffs. The fool was dealt with anyway, na SW dem dey call here, no time for rubbish and we respect women.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by IgbuduMonkey: 7:48pm
Too bad
Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by Sonnobax15(m): 7:48pm
lipsrsealed
Condemning the bunch of wereys isn't enough.....They should be dealt with........How can they disfigure lady like that? angry

5 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by FuckTheMod: 7:48pm
Really?
What did you do to retaliate?

I LOVE TIT FOR TAT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by noble2faith(m): 7:48pm
angry

Gross wickedness!
Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by abysirius(m): 7:50pm
Hope she is not one of those IPOB enablers grin grin grin.
Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by Olarewaju89: 7:50pm
undecided
Some human being are like animal.
See how they draw map on her lap.
Bunch of idiot undecided

2 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by Berankis: 7:50pm
It is acts like these that make me sometimes feel that the Easterners can't even govern themselves successfully.

12 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by tiswell(m): 7:51pm
The authenticity of this news must be verified, otherwise it's a fake news by the regular lagos-ibadan express media
Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by kuboy: 7:51pm
Waiting for bitter obi to react about this.

3 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by dettolgel: 7:51pm
When the oppressed see themselves in the oppressor, they take on the identity of the oppressor and at the slightest provocation will oppress their fellow oppressed, while their oppressors get away with years of oppressing them.

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by deathtoLeo: 7:52pm
black man with power is a ticking bomb.
I knew it's a matter of time before their own go cast.
Soludo legacy

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by JuanDeDios: 7:52pm
Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by DMerciful(m): 7:52pm
A country of oppression
Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by pretydiva(f): 7:53pm
Same treatment should be carried out on them. An eye for an eye

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by lexy2014: 7:53pm
Touts employed as officials of Special Anti-Touting Squad.

Being a Nigerian professor is no guarantee that governance will be carried with decency

5 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by JohnnA1: 7:53pm
Berankis:
It is acts like these that make me sometimes feel that the Easterners can't even govern themselves successfully.
The innate violence in them may be a problem.

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by Haaland21: 7:55pm
haybhi1:
Chai MC Oluomo and Tinubu now reside in Anamabra...

Such despicable people, na dem go chase lady beat her from bike enter gutter because of masquerade or whatever... Uncouth urchins.

This can never happen in SW.

3 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by RichBoy247: 7:55pm
Oh! So MC Oluomo fon carry his Agbero reach Bitter Giringori Obituary home state?

5 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by uniqueboi1(m): 7:55pm
Anambra people weh wicked.

That was how they crippled one guy recently with pestle for criticizing the governor.

4 Likes

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by lexy2014: 7:55pm
DryMouth:
Good for her. Next time don't interfere with govt officials carrying out their job. Most women run their mouth anyhow with the orientation that they are untouchable because they are women. Rubbish.

Do you mean kudos to the touts in the Special Anti-Touting Squad?

What is the job they were carrying out?

1 Like

Re: Group Condemns Anambra Agents For Allegedly Brutalising Nursing Mother by pretydiva(f): 7:55pm
DryMouth:

Who released you? You need to go back asap and continue your meds

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinese Nationals Who Ran Cybercrime Syndicate From Zambia Plead Guilty / Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu / Police Nab Man Who Uses Father's Gun To Steal Motorcycles In Osun (Photo)

Viewing this topic: Ziggy02, AnointedFather, FEGEITOK, Patriotic9ja(m), MDJ03, Alertman24(m), Capleton, tee2bam(m), ISCSUS(f), Waxxxy, chibusanto(m), brighter, DOM7, nigeriansamurai(m), jaybee3(m), BarrElChapo(m), omochelsea004(m), dannydevito(m), 6ixVille, mekybabe1, kollog, Amebaba01(m), Holluwhakemmy(f) and 73 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.