Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,659 members, 7,930,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 01:50 PM

10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement (26213 Views)

Samoa Agreement: Ita Enang Asks National Assembly To Sue FG / Suspend Implementation Of Samoa Agreement, Reps Tells FG / Our Law On Same Sex Marriage Supersedes Samoa Agreement - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by PHAYOL81: 5:08pm On Jul 08
Good clarity. The daily trust publication seems to have another document though, so they might have to present same in court or face the consequence
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by immortalcrown(m): 5:09pm On Jul 08
Jazzpa:
Human right in this context is not completely a blanket term, it is dependent on the laws of the individual countries. The rights of a UK citizen for instance is different from that of a Nigerian citizen. So in all, it's still dependent on the laws as domiciled in the constitution of that nation.
If LGBTQ is not legalised in Nigeria, it can never be a right.
Wow! Thanks for this explanation.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by OChimex: 5:10pm On Jul 08
muhammaduyusufu:
The man that started the fake news is also an Obidient and supporter of the agulu fraud.

Do you know what really the term "Fundamental human rights" means to EU? Lol.....
It means acceptance, inclusion and respect of all individual choices including sexuality... ...etc.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by tctrills: 5:10pm On Jul 08
mrvitalis:
Lol according to EU who you signed agreement me Gay rights is one of the key fundamental human rights

Africans if u don't want to be forced to accept gays stop borrowing money from people who support gays

Their citizens who are gay keep pushing them to make u accept follow gays... It's not rocket science

I am not gay but I would take money over arresting people for what they do in their bedrooms.
It's called being pragmatic.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by immortalcrown(m): 5:12pm On Jul 08
LaRosa01:
not if ,it is already adopted into western definition of human right.then if you look at the clauses where lgbtq use to be it was replaced with the word modern best practice which equally means lgbtq.that Ambassador must be recalled immediately,the minister was not aware and all who took part in this signing need to be investigated for treason same as the eco money.what is going on is scary.people have spent there life's in the fielding fighting for the future of this country.some idiots in the name of presidents boys are there signing us into all kinds of slavery contract
Wow! I'm afraid if your explanation is correct.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by mrvitalis(m): 5:14pm On Jul 08
tctrills:

I am not gay but I would take money over arresting people for what they do in their bedrooms.
It's called being pragmatic.
The person who has the money wants u to stop arresting gay people and let them live

U want the money yet still want to arrest gay people?
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by sylve11: 5:15pm On Jul 08
Nyamiriflathed:

Those that signed and fact checked the documents are not stupid.

The LGBTQ stuff was in the agreement last year but has been clearly taken out this year after Nigeria and many other African and Islamic countries both in Africa and Asia refused to sign last year.

What about No. 5? cool
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by blowjohn(m): 5:18pm On Jul 08
These LGBT people will stop at nothing to Claim power.

Biden and co

Pdiddy and his cohorts
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by pappilo(m): 5:35pm On Jul 08
immortalcrown:
Since the issue of the agreement began to trend, I have not commented on it. I don't take a stand on something I do not understand. I try my best to avoid saying what I cannot defend. Even with this very article, I am yet to understand the agreement.

This sounds vague. Who decides human rights? Can human rights vary according to countries? If LGBTQ is later adopted into human rights, doesn't the signed agreement force the member countries to legalize LGBTQ?

These are questions, not claims. Answer the questions if you can. If you choose to treat the questions as claims, you are obviously delusional and sentimental.

Please use your brain. it cant just be dead matter!

Nigeria has ratified the UN declaration of Human Rights. The UN declaration includes the rights of LGBTQ and anybody else. Why has the country not legalized LGBTQ?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by Panda7: 5:35pm On Jul 08
!even for the oacp member state, the speculation is not worth the product, the're climate change issues n housing probs
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by sevenhundred(m): 5:36pm On Jul 08
immortalcrown:
Since the issue of the agreement began to trend, I have not commented on it. I don't take a stand on something I do not understand. I try my best to avoid saying what I cannot defend. Even with this very article, I am yet to understand the agreement.

This sounds vague. Who decides human rights? Can human rights vary according to countries? If LGBTQ is later adopted into human rights, doesn't the signed agreement force the member countries to legalize LGBTQ?

These are questions, not claims. Answer the questions if you can. If you choose to treat the questions as claims, you are obviously delusional and sentimental.
exactly!! Fela once said " animals wants to dash us humans rights " under humans right they hide everything, later they will claim they do not understand.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by immortalcrown(m): 5:40pm On Jul 08
pappilo:
Please use your brain. it cant just be dead matter!

Nigeria has ratified the UN declaration of Human Rights. The UN declaration includes the rights of LGBTQ and anybody else. Why has the country not legalized LGBTQ?
I used my brain to ask questions about what I do not understand. Instead of you to use your brain to answer the questions or keep quiet, you are only using your brain to tell me to use my own brain.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by Litmus: 5:56pm On Jul 08
Essentially, Nigeria no longer enjoys Oil Leverage, economically and geopolitically, in quite the same way as before and so is probably gradually suffocated by a world order institued by the West for the West. In order to survive the ever narrowing gap between the vice exerted by international West on the one lever and domestic discontent on the other, your Nigeria president is gradually sacrificing the sociopolitical, ideological positions that Oil power enabled Nigeria to adopt, evolve and sustain since the 70s.

There are certain economic benefits obtainable by Africa nations that subordinate selves to that which the West desires, pertinent since the master slave relationship that began during the trans Atlantic slave trade. These benefits are ultimately insufficient to sustain or result in real development, See French West Africa. Unsurprising when real development by the relevant Africa nations comes with it treat of independence from chauvinistic impositions by Western hedgemony.

For Africa nations to be truly free of the Western sociopolitical hegemony, the people of Africa probably need to embrace Relative Poverty. In other words, the true Africa Revolution wouldn't resemble what those students are up to in Kenya but something akin to a shunning by Africans of those things they currently value about the West.

In the current dispensation,Tinubu will need to violate much of the cultural and independent values Nigeria holds sacrosanct in order to gain access to the nigerdly, piecemeal deals and financial aid offered by the West that will boost the Nigeria economy just enough to confound the critics, stave the youthful agitations, until he flees from office.

But there is hope for Nigeria in the coming technological revolution and because the future is unpredictable....
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by seunayantokun(m): 6:05pm On Jul 08
Human rights.
LGBTQ+ are humans and and so have rights.
Therefore, you must action what you have signed.
Human rights, cooperation, development, etc used in the context of that agreement are just too vague. Traps and trash always look alike.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by Padipadi: 6:08pm On Jul 08
Melagros:
COMRADES, tinubu has signed that agreement in order to please the west at the detriment of Nigerians

We shall teach him a lesson in 2027, let me tell you this fact, the way tinubu will lose 2027 will be unimaginable
Mumuman!
No be by mouth o!
As much as I dislike APC rule cos it deceived Nigerians, you this mouth maker is a clown. Tinubu has caged all of you. Meanwhile, this Samoa Agreement is a good thing so don't politicize it.

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by Sunnymatey(m): 6:15pm On Jul 08
Human right as a clause in that agreement entails a lot.
Gay right is also human right depending on which part of the world you are.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by ucbenjamin696(m): 6:29pm On Jul 08
IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE AGREEMENT PLEASE GATHER HERE FOR URGENT MEETING
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by gidyambi(m): 6:33pm On Jul 08
The Samoa agreement: Read for yourself.

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by Udopasa: 6:48pm On Jul 08
immortalcrown:

No 6 of the article should address your concern
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by PAQ(m): 7:00pm On Jul 08
Same thing as the North benefitting from tax on alcoholic beverages but their states practice sharia and destroy beer bottles when sited.

The same rule will be applied to the Samoa Agreement and any LGBTQ.

The Nigerian way is not like any other way.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by Waywardson6: 7:15pm On Jul 08
Very funny thing with a country like Nigeria is year's from now. Everyone speaking against minority LGBT, simple harmless minorites, will start to form woke. A beg, as the samoa agreement was signed did the sky rain down fire & brimstone, did the earth stand still, did the entire nation get flooded. Answer NO. LGBT rights are basic human rights. The west know this, that's why they decriminalized it, because it makes absolutely no sense to criminalize a person who did not choose their sexuality. The same israel a lot of Christians are cheering in the war against Palestinians are pro LGBT. Word"Do unto others as you would want them to do to you." The most wicked set of people are from this nation, hypocrisy na their voice, wickedness na their heart beat. They won't use this aggression to stand against poverty, hunger , banditry, kidnapping, corruption, insecurity etc. Go embassy & see the amount of Nigerian's struggling to leave to the same countries that promote LGBT rights. Whether una like it or not, money speaks & that's what the country needs. Period.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by tctrills: 7:28pm On Jul 08
mrvitalis:

The person who has the money wants u to stop arresting gay people and let them live

U want the money yet still want to arrest gay people?
You definitely did not get my point. My point is focus on money and leave gay people alone.
It's much more important to improve your economy that to fight gay people
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by jaxxy(m): 7:31pm On Jul 08
ohh really?
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by alphaNomega: 7:40pm On Jul 08
mrvitalis:
Lol according to EU who you signed agreement me Gay rights is one of the key fundamental human rights

Africans if u don't want to be forced to accept gays stop borrowing money from people who support gays

Their citizens who are gay keep pushing them to make u accept follow gays... It's not rocket science

plenty of our politicians are gay... lol cheesy
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by achimendy(m): 7:52pm On Jul 08
mrvitalis:

You've said it all.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by Vulcan24(m): 8:17pm On Jul 08
There's another document that clarifies each clauses contained in the agreement and member state are allowed to dispute it

Nigeria read and disputed some and concluded that if the clauses is in conflict with the constitution of the FRN, the clauses becomes null & void!

That is Nigeria stand but oyinbo will not give u shishi without u ticking the i's and crossing the t's
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by Flamemignon1(m): 8:30pm On Jul 08
Nyamiriflathed:

Guy your argument is moot.

cc:
E go shock you
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by AnyanwuSK: 8:59pm On Jul 08
muhammaduyusufu:
The man that started the fake news is also an Obidient and supporter of the agulu fraud.

We don't share common values with you, if you want One Nigeria then we must practice true federalism, if you don't then we will disintegrate and find people who share common values with us.

You hypocrites come here to shout Multipolar World but want China and Turkey to take over global hegemony.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by Nyamiriflathed: 9:02pm On Jul 08
gidyambi:
The Samoa agreement: Read for yourself.
That's the old one from November 2023 that Nigeria and many countries including Islamic ones refused to sign.

The refusal paid off as they came up with a new revised agreement that excluded LGBTQ stuff, which was later signed a few days ago.

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by AnyanwuSK: 9:20pm On Jul 08
Jazzpa:

Human right in this context is not completely a blanket term, it is dependent on the laws of the individual countries. The rights of a UK citizen for instance is different from that of a Nigerian citizen. So in all, it's still dependent on the laws as domiciled in the constitution of that nation.
If LGBTQ is not legalised in Nigeria, it can never be a right.

Nigerians don't have constitution!
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by SaLongs1(m): 9:32pm On Jul 08
muhammaduyusufu:
The irony is that your presidential "yes daddy" candidate and his son are pro gay.
Instead of focusing on good governance misguided fools are focusing on gays and lesbian who many people will never come across in their lifetime.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Samoa Agreement by amnesty7: 10:35pm On Jul 08
immortalcrown:

God bless you!!!
These Samoa Satanists think people are daft. They hide behind the so-called human rights claim to actualise their filth.
God bless the Daily Trust!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senators’ Allowances Nine Times Higher Than Basic Pay....punch Newspaper / Nigerians React To Obasanjo’s Attack On Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku / DSS Clears Supreme Court Justice Okoro Of Misconduct(the Nation)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.