Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,295 members, 7,894,254 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 06:34 AM

Keke Drivers Beg Soludo To Deploy More Security Operatives At Aroma Junctions - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Keke Drivers Beg Soludo To Deploy More Security Operatives At Aroma Junctions (69 Views)

Security Operatives Take Over As Residents Besiege CBN In Kaduna / Confirm Gab Okpalaeze As ABS Managing Director, NUJ, RATTAWU Beg Soludo / Taxify/uber Partners And Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keke Drivers Beg Soludo To Deploy More Security Operatives At Aroma Junctions by Titusele87(m): 5:00pm On Jul 08
Keke Drivers beg Soludo to deploy more security operatives at Aroma junctions

Members of the Anambra State Keke Drivers Forum (AKDF) have appealed to the State Governor,Prof. Charles Soludo to deploy more operatives of the Ocha Brigade and Anambra Vigilante Group (AVG) to popular Aroma junctions and other parks across the state to enable them sustain their daily operations.
The Keke drivers who spoke to our reporter on Monday in Awka, Anambra State Capital said the call has become neccssaray given the constant threats and illegal activities of suspected secret cult groups and touts who extort money from them.
According to the operators,the presence of security men would help to reduce chaotic traffic situation and prevent constant harrassment by the bad boys.

They also denied the allegations that an Awka based Human Rights Activist, Comrade Osita Obi, collects money from them as part of his coordination of activities of the group and Convener of the forum.
The General Secretary of the forum, Mr. Uchenna Umeh said the body is a platform where all the members air their grievances and challenges in the field of operations.
He said,"I don't know the source who is alleging extortion , we do not have such complaints of extortion here (Aroma park) presently in this park. There is no one extorting anyone in this park. Before now, yes, but now we are talking, there is nothing like that happening"
"Before now what was obtainable was that when you enter the park you pay N200 for park fee and each time you load you pay N100 but that's not the situation now. Presently, we only pay N200."he said .
According to him,before now the Aroma junctions used to be very chaotic when it comes to Keke operations.
He said,before now Keke drivers were obstructing the traffic and people were everywhere causing commotion at the junction causing obstructions and nuisance
"We did our best by trying to bring relevant authority here but all our efforts proved abortive; we talked to the Managing Director of ARTMA, Mr. Konti, we arranged to have an interface with him so that he could bring his men to be stationed here permanently in order to stop those who are causing nuisance, nothing happened"

"We have also talked to the Ministry of Transport and MD ARTDA, none of them intervened until we went to Ocha Brigade MD, we pleaded with him and he intervened and that is why there is sanity at the junctions right now. As you can see there is no obstruction at the junctions and no nuisance because of the presence of men of Ocha Brigade and men of AVG."

"The truth is that the Keke Drivers here are enjoying their operations here. It's more seamless and there is orderliness as well. The reason why the AVG are here is for our own protection. When this park was secured for keke operators to use and manage it by themselves, we received various threats by those who have interest in extorting us. Before now they collect N300 park fee and N100 per loading" he stated.
According to him,the presence of AVG and Ocha Brigade is helping them to do their business seamlessly.
"We are asking the government to deploy more AVG and Ocha Brigade men here to maintain sanity and orderlyness at Aroma junctions" he said .
Another Keke driver,who spoke to us, comrade Amos Nweke said alot of cult boys and Touts are disturbing them and creating problems in their operations.
According to him,they want to be collecting their money by themselves and not by cultists or professional unionist who the governor had banned in the state.
He expressed gratitude to Managing Director of Ocha Brigade Mr Celestine Anere and AVG operatives for providing them security and maintaining sanity at Aroma junctions.
"With the presence of AVG and Ocha Brigade,we are having sanity and seamless operations and no obstructions now at Aroma junctions. We are begging the government to empower the Ocha Brigade and AVG more to permanenyly remain at Aroma and maintain peace and sanity. Aroma is the only place that habours the state three arm zone" he stated.
Responding on the allegations,that comrade Osita Obi extort money from them ,he said that those who make the allegations are the criminal elements who have been milking them all these years before Obi came in to rescue thrm.
Nweke said that Obi is an activist and he is the person who is even spending his money to entertain them during meetings.
" Obi is human rights activist,he hates injustice and cheating. When we were being treated like animals,he intervene and save us. Anything that happens to him ,we will not take it lightly,he is our savior" he said.
Also speaking,one Keke drivers at Ifite park, comrade, Aguiyi okoronkwoobiano said that some people who are playing opposition are the major problems they are having ,and urged the government to deploy more security men to stop the bad boys misbehaviours.
He commended the AVG and Ocha Brigade MD Mr Celestine Anere for providing security for them, noting that without them they would have left the state due to the activities of the bad boys.
He also refuted the allegations that comrade Osita Obi collects money from them.
According to him, comrade Osita Obi is not a Keke driver and the only things he does was to make them maintain sanity and obey traffic rules.
He said that Obi being an activist and a man who hates cheating decided to help them and to stop the cheating and injustice by some Touts in the state.

"Honestly,I am not aware of anytime , place or in any meeting where he asked for money or where the Keke drivers gave him money. He is even the person spending on us" he said .

The co-ordinator of Keke drivers forum , comrade Osita Obi said that at his age he cannot engage in Keke driving, noting that the only interest he has was to enthrone justice , fairness and equity.
He said that another interest he has was to see sanity and orderlyness in Aroma junctions because it is the three arm zone of the government of the state .
"Iam 63 years,I have paid my dues. Iam not interested in becoming a Keke driver. My interest is to stop extortion and harrassment from the cultists and Touts to these struggling men. They are coming to me because they trust and believe in me. Iam activist,I don't ride Keke. I don't own Keke and iam not member of Keke drivers and I have no interest in being one" he said.
He said that he had received several threats from some cult boys but he is not detered because he believe he is working for better Anambra.
"I brought the DPO of B division and DPO of central police station Awka to come to Aroma and clear the mess going on.
My interest is free traffic so that the cultists will not come here and continue to be killings people. It is an embarrassment to state and the government. I will do everything to sustain this development no matter the cost. I have sent the numbers of those cultists to government and appropriate authorities and if the government allow them to kill me,so be it,but Anambra must be good and habitable" he said

(1) (Reply)

7kva Diesel Generator / How To Raise Funds For Your Dream Business / How To Affiliate Beginners Course Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.