Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,246 members, 7,950,326 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 12:11 PM

Nasarawa Women Mineworkers Call For End To Sexual Harassment And Violence - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nasarawa Women Mineworkers Call For End To Sexual Harassment And Violence (209 Views)

Sexual Harassment: Slay Queens Struggle To Grab A Musician's 'Cassava' On Stage / Sexual Harassment At Workplace - My Story / 'How Sexual Harassment Is Normalised In Secondary Schools' - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nasarawa Women Mineworkers Call For End To Sexual Harassment And Violence by NewsGuy22: 6:07pm On Jul 08
Nasarawa women mineworkers call for end to sexual harassment and violence

The Women in Mineworkers of Nigeria (WIMIN) in collaboration with the Ford Foundation has called on the Nasarawa State Government to urgently address the issues of sexual harassment and gender-based violence (GBV) plaguing female mineworkers in the state.

WIMIN is a non-governmental organisation that aims to increase women’s participation in the mineral exploration and mining sector in Nigeria, focusing on community engagement, research, capacity building and strategic dialogue.

Speaking at the opening ceremony of a three-day training for service providers on Gender-Based and Sexual Violence in Lafia on Monday, the Chairperson of WIMIN, Janet Adeyemi, who was represented by her Vice-Chairperson, Regina Ezeuwa, lamented the rise in gender-based violence and other issues affecting members and women in the 13 local governments of the state.

CONTINUE READING
Re: Nasarawa Women Mineworkers Call For End To Sexual Harassment And Violence by muyico(m): 6:11pm On Jul 08
I will,, till next yr!!

(1) (Reply)

Sex Is Spiritual, Psychological, Neurological And Mental / Please I Need Something For My Family To Eat. / How Did You Save Mom And Dad's Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.